Flame of Recca

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Flame of Recca

Postby Tommy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm

Has anyone heard of this excellent manga?

It has a funny cast of characters with a Watsuki-style sense of humor with a Naruto twist. Excellent series that I recommend to all. It contains elements of all sources.

I have finished the whole series, all 33 volumes.

Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:24 pm

i've read this manga. good stuff man. the same author of M.A.R. interesting plot twists, great characters, lots of action and humor to lighten the mood. there are yu yu hakusho-like tournaments and stuff too.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Myoti » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:04 pm

I plan on reading this soon, but sucked into a certain other manga before I got the chance. I will start this when I finish the other one, though.

EDIT: Actually, I did read the first chapter of FoR, and it seemed a bit... akward.

Hopefully it gets better later. =p
Myoti

Postby Bap » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:06 pm

I've watched the anime, but at the moment I'm buying the licensed manga. o: I haven't gotten volume 20 yet though... @o@ But yar, this is a good series. xD
Bap

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:12 pm

Myoti wrote:I plan on reading this soon, but sucked into a certain other manga before I got the chance. I will start this when I finish the other one, though.

EDIT: Actually, I did read the first chapter of FoR, and it seemed a bit... akward.

yep. the art and stuff gets a lot better as the story progresses. the manga's quite long too. 33 volumes and a good ending.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tommy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:36 am

Myoti wrote:I plan on reading this soon, but sucked into a certain other manga before I got the chance. I will start this when I finish the other one, though.

Gets better later? Funny you say that. You see an anime ran at the same time and the manga got excellent at the same area the anime stopped. The manga is average up until let's say Volume 17.

It's highly superior to M.A.R., but both are excellent series.
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:22 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:It's highly superior to M.A.R., but both are excellent series.

agreed. it's sorta ironic since the author did F.O.R. before he (she) did M.A.R. and F.O.R. is still the better of the two mangas. but then again, it's your own taste and opinion. just like 20th century boys and monster.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby onyxmoon21 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:36 pm

Myoti wrote: Actually, I did read the first chapter of FoR, and it seemed a bit... akward.

What was wrong with it? I've been curious about this series, since people say it's good and it looks kinda cool... I recall one person saying there was some perverted stuff in it?
onyxmoon21

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Content-wise...I'm not sure about the American edit, but some nudity is present. Nothing too offensive, but there is one PART in the second to last arc. PM me if you need to no more.

Myoti, I would say the first 17 volumes or so are average at best. After that takes off, the series simply becomes amazing.

As I said before, the anime ended where Volume 17 ended so....don't watch the anime. :sweat:
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:19 pm

yeah. the beginning (or around volume 5) reminds me of yu yu hakusho and the dark tournament...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Yeah, the Dark Tournament felt like it was ripped from Yu Yu.

Ah...YYH, I never did finish that manga.
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:37 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Yeah, the Dark Tournament felt like it was ripped from Yu Yu.

Ah...YYH, I never did finish that manga.

yep. i never finished the manga either, but i did watch the anime series. it was really good.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews