does this bother anybody else?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby mssthang_1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:33 am

it depends for me, i saw an episode of fruits basket and this guy named ritsu was dressed in a girly kimono and had a bow in his head....i'm sorry but i didn't think that was cute....i actually laughed at him...alot, but if it's not to that extreme it's allright....i guess
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:33 am

...I just remember this one character from a snippet of Project A-Ko I saw on TV when I was little...
Mithrandir

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:02 am

Doe Johnson wrote:Hey, there are some manly looking women out there in manga/anime. Anybody remember VT from Cowboy Bebop?

VT was a girl? :eyebrow:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:29 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:.....

VT was a girl? :eyebrow:

:lol: yes!!! Victoria Terpsichore...or something like that. Remember, Spike guessed her name at the end. Her husband was like, some famous dead bounty hunter or something.

This topic made me read W-Juliet. If only I could find past chapter 4 of volume 9....
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:It bothers me greatly. I lose lots of sleep over it. (lol)
But seriously - I find bishies to be overly feminine. This is degrading to males. I'm not saying guys need to be the macho sort, but the guy is meant to be the leader, the warrior, and respect everyone and get respect in return.
Bishies are wrong on so many levels.

: : raises hand : :

Bishounen-hood is mostly based on physical appearance. Personalities run the gamut. How, then, does this generalization work?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:16 pm

Because they generally tend to be overly feminine. At least the manga I've read with bishies - which are few granted, but... um.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby midori45 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:13 pm

In american dubs I would prefure if they would hire male voice actors for male roles for most of the time. Like if they had hired a guy to play haku from Naruto alot of people wouldn't be confused about his gender. But when it comes to a character looking like the opposite gender *cough ouran highschool hostclub cough* it doesn't really bother me unless they are gay or wish to be the opposite gender.
Adopted by:

*Mega.exe

Breaking the bonds of popularity on day at a time :cool:

Julia M. (<-- My bff) wrote: You know what Grace, you take the whole "one step forward two steps back" saying to a whole new level. You just skip the forward step all together.

I carry the weight of the world
as the past is unfurled, but I won’t stop to
wonder,
Going through this life on my own made me as cold as a stone,
I’m a ship going under,
And I’d tell you this, but I don’t know how,
I’m caving in and I’m falling out and I can’t resist,
And I can’t rebound with the weight of the world as the world falls down... -Weight of the World by Saliva

I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes. -Ichigo Kurosaki

Current Anime Favorites:

• Bleach
  • Elfen Lied
  • Death Note
midori45

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:36 am

Well, they are pretty boys but they certainly don't have the gay bishie ideal that the others have.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:59 pm

i thought Ed from bebop was a guy at first. her face sorta looked like a guys and it was mainly her name that threw me off. XD
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Puguni » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:01 pm

Once, I read this manga, forgot the name, long ago...

there was a guy who looked like a real bishie.

And...later on it was revealed that he was actually a she. And she did get married and have babies. It was so hard to tell.

DX
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby rurouninaruto » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:24 am

some characters are just like that and it doesn't really bother me. one character that i actually thought was a girl for a VERY long time was haku. but then again, it could be that the artist simply draws his/her characters like that.

In the manga, it was difficult for me to get the fact down that Haku was a boy, but in the anime on CN, which is the first version of Naruto I ever watched, it was even more difficult, because his voice sounded like a woman's voice.
rurouninaruto

Postby MasterDias » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:33 pm

Actually, it was a woman's voice...
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby ducheval » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:38 am

...I just remember this one character from a snippet of Project A-Ko I saw on TV when I was little...

The captain was awesome!!!!

It takes a real man to command an army of aliens while wearing a bra!

....or are you referring to B-ko's dad and his metal two piece swimsuit weapon thingy?
ducheval

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews