Sakura Kinoshita Appreciation Thread

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:24 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:^_^ That's Spica/Angrboda, the mother of Fenrir, Hel, and Jormungand/Yamino. She shows up pretty early on in the second manga series - I'm not sure why she's randomly at the end of ep. 26, but I was happy to see her for just a little bit. XD

That's who that is?!? Huh, I've seen her in the manga but somehow I never made that connection. Or maybe I should say that I never made the connection that her hair is that color...

They probably put her in their for the manga fans just for fun, or maybe to hint that Loki's advenutures continue (just not in the manga).

Speaking of continue is there an actual end to the manga? According to Norse mythology Ragnarok will happen at the end of the world, Loki would fight... what's his name (the head Norse god) and there would be a big battle, yadda, yadda. Although the series wasn't really following Norse mythology exactly there were several hints to what mythology says happens in Ragnarok.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Debitt » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:14 pm

:grin: There is indeed an actual end to the manga.

[spoiler]If you recall, in the Loki anime they interpreted the Ragnarok to be, ultimately, the end of the rule of the gods. So when Loki and the others decide to stay on Earth, they ask something along the lines of "is this Ragnarok?" because they're not ruling from their proper places in Asgard. At the end of the manga, something along those lines happens as well, although it's much more climactic. :3 It also heavily involves Baldur (whom Loki murdered in Norse mythology), who was 100% absent from the anime.[/spoiler]

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:00 am

Oh...

[spoiler]
Wasn't Baldur's murder part of the reason he was banished? Cause wasn't Baldur like a favorite of everyone so they were all really mad when Loki killed him? Maybe I'm getting my Greek mythology mixed up.

I know that in Norse mythology Thor and Yamino (well technically his snake form, whose name I can't remember) ending up fighting and killing each other in Ragnarok. I think some people speculate that the reason Yamino always seems a little nervous around Thor is because it's foreshadowing what happens in mythology Ragnarok.
[/spoiler]

You know as much as I love them using Norse mythology, does anyone else find it wierd that they have Norse gods in Japan? If a series wanted to be really accurate they would have the Norse gods should up and then the Japanese gods/tengu/goblins/whatever would show up and kick them out of the country. :lol:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews