[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
One Piece Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

One Piece Discussion (Spoilers)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Myoti » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Ch. 396:

[SPOILER]
VICE ADMIRAL SAUL!??!

Definetly wasn't expecting that little twist. And, of course, it looks as though Saul's going back on what he said about not being one of the "savage" giants, but hey, can you blame him?

I'm guessing we'll be back to Enies Lobby by the next or (more likely) the next chapter.
[/SPOILER]
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:46 pm

I am on Volume 33. Finally finished Skypeia.

I can agree, Oda sure keeps the same spirit throughout the manga.

Chapter 396 is out already?!

Oh wait, I just go by the msn scans.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Myoti » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:52 pm

And the MSN scans go up to the most recent ones (though that's not where I got this one from :p ).
Myoti

Postby MasterDias » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:19 pm

[spoiler]
Oddly enough, I had wondered briefly if Saul was indeed a marine or government agent of some sort given what he knew, but I hadn't thought about it too much.

I'm also guessing the flashback will end in either the next chapter or the one after that.

This arc really hasn't been painting a very good picture of the World Government as a whole, has it?
[/spoiler]
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Myoti » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:32 pm

[SPOILER]
I'm with ya on Saul. I suspected something, but being Vice Admiral was something I probably would have never guessed.

And yes to both. The flashback should be ending fairly soon (after Robin and/or Saul's expected rampage upon the Marine ships), and yes, the World Government is a bunch of.... well, you know...

Urgh, though. My biggest expectations in this arc is to find out what Kaku and Kalifa's fruits are and who fights who in the CP9 vs. Strawhat fight.

Stop torturing us, Oda! >.<
[/SPOILER]
Myoti

Postby MasterDias » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:26 pm

[spoiler]If Oda takes the "obvious" path for the fights, they will wind up being something like this:

Luffy vs. Lucchi
Zoro vs. Kaku
Sanji vs. Jyabura
Usopp/Sogeking vs. Kumadori
Chopper vs. Fukuro
Nami vs. Kalifa

Part of me is hoping that he won't take quite an obvious route however so that we will be surprised with the fight matchups.
[/spoiler]

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Myoti » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:09 am

[SPOILER]
Yes. Thanks to the discussions on the Arlong Park thread, quite a few people think he'll being taking a differnt path. More likely, I think, it'll start with an all-out fight between them before breaking off into the individual fights. Could be something like:

-Luffy vs. Lucchi (this ones just plain obvious)
-Zoro vs. Jiraiya
-Sanji vs. Kalifa (okay, I just think it'd be hilarious to see him "fight" a girl :p )
-Nami vs. Kumadori
-Chopper vs. Fukuro (a completely guillible character versus a completely honest one; could be interesting)
-Usopp vs. Kaku (2 reasons: "vengeance" for Going Merry, and beating the second strongest would finally give Usopp the belief that he can be one of the Strawhats again; on another note, I see the Sogeking mask breaking before the fight finishes)

[/SPOILER]
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:03 am

I don`t think MSN has Chapter 396 up yet but I`m still at Volume 33 since I`ve been busy. At least I`m ahead of the 4kids dub now. XP
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:21 am

I believe it does... and dude, you're WAY ahead of the dub by now.
Myoti

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:12 pm

Regarding something in your last spoiler, Myoti: all out fights. I would really like to see more of these. It seems that every fight I've read recently (in more than One Piece) that involves more than two characters almost immediately degenerates into a bunch of one on one fights. Now, while I don't have a problem with larger fights breaking up into small ones, there are some times when it is terribly annoying.

For example, in the American manga of One Piece (the furthest behind, now), Arlong just spent four or so episodes sitting around while the lesser crew members fought it out. I suppose this originates from the samurai tradition of combat, but I would really like to see some complex fight sequences.
uc pseudonym

Postby Myoti » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:36 pm

Indeed. Actually, I believe if you look at it, most of the major arcs ended up having different fight-situations.

Like you said about Arlong, it was a bit one on one. During Alabasta, they were running around the city seperately (as to help Vivi in) and the each fight ended up being quite different. In Skypiea it was just a free-for-all across the island.

Having all these characters in one spot seems to guarantee we'll have some sort of "all out" brawl, even if only at first (which I imagine, with the way Oda is, would be quite interesting to see).

Of course, this arc wound up becoming/still is an all-out brawl. It's just a matter of how the REAL battle is getting to turn out.
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:15 pm

Can you guys keep me updated about what the villians and characters real names are since the online manga on msn can mess them up like:

Vapolu - Wapple
Don Creek- Krieg
BeBe- ViVi

Can you guys tell me which ones are real or not?
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:54 pm

Ah, this one does it as well, then?

Vapolu - Wapple
Don Creek- Krieg
BeBe- ViVi

Wapol is the former king of Drum.
Don Krieg is his name (Krieg = 'war' in German)
Vivi is the princess of Alabasta.

Eneru, however, is one I'm not sure we'll fully understand. It could be Ener/Eneru/Enel, anything. We won't know till Oda writes it out in English as one of them.
Myoti

Postby MasterDias » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:35 pm

[spoiler]-Sanji vs. Kalifa (okay, I just think it'd be hilarious to see him "fight" a girl :p )

---So, then I'm not the only one...

-Usopp vs. Kaku (2 reasons: "vengeance" for Going Merry, and beating the second strongest would finally give Usopp the belief that he can be one of the Strawhats again; on another note, I see the Sogeking mask breaking before the fight finishes)

----I like Usopp and all, but I doubt he could take on the second strongest of CP9. Second strongest has always been Zoro's guy anyway. But I guess we will see...[/spoiler]

In Skypiea it was just a free-for-all across the island.

Some of Skypiea's fights came off a bit unnecessary, I think. Could have been tightened up.

Can you guys keep me updated about what the villians and characters real names are since the online manga on msn can mess them up

Those translations were pretty bad for awhile. I'm somewhat looking forward to reading a more professional translation.

MasterDias

Postby Tommy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:04 am

I think Oda needs to stop being so predictible and have someone other than Luffy fight the strongest.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm

---So, then I'm not the only one...

Apparently not. :D

----I like Usopp and all, but I doubt he could take on the second strongest of CP9. Second strongest has always been Zoro's guy anyway. But I guess we will see...

[SPOILER]
True, he does. Which is why I'd actually love to see this happen. You know, see how he'd be able to handle someone so far out of his league (or so we suppose he is... if anything, the new DF COULD prove a disadvantage to Kaku).[/SPOILER]

Some of Skypiea's fights came off a bit unnecessary, I think. Could have been tightened up.

True. I wouldn't say any were bad, but there definetly could have been less (i.e. Zoro was destined to fight Ohm, so what was up with the Braham battle???).

Those translations were pretty bad for awhile. I'm somewhat looking forward to reading a more professional translation.

The ones I read are better now, but yes, many were quite messed up (I've seen Rufi, Rueffy, and Lueffy in the same few chapters :p ).
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:46 pm

It is Luffy right?
That is is official name, right?
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:29 pm

Yes, it is Luffy.

Go back to Jaya, look at the wanted posters. They clearly say, in English:

"Monkey D. Luffy"

and

"Roronoa Zoro".
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:17 pm

397:

Wow. Poor Robin.... of course, we kinda knew this was coming.

And Sakazuki, aka "Akainu"... I'm interested to be seeing more of this guy. I find Aokiji even more "righteous" now, thanks to this guy...

And, thankfully... the CP9 fight should be starting soon!! :D
Myoti

Postby MasterDias » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:44 pm

Ouch. Man, imagine losing the few people who actually cared about you within a few hours, and then spending the next 20 years all alone.
That could be considered worse than Nami spending 8 years slaving away for her mother's murderer. At least, she had Nojiko and Genzo.

Akainu is worse that Aokiji. Aokiji wasn't going to harm the refugees and he looked pretty mad at Akainu's actions in that one panal.

MasterDias

Postby Myoti » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:59 pm

Indeed. On both points.
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Myoti wrote:Yes, it is Luffy.

Go back to Jaya, look at the wanted posters. They clearly say, in English:

"Monkey D. Luffy"

and

"Roronoa Zoro".

I just heard a rumor his real name his Rufi.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Myoti » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:11 pm

I just heard a rumor his real name his Rufi.

You've read Jaya and you believe bull like that?

If so, go back to Jaya and read the wanted posters. Heck, read the RAW version, and you'll see why. :p
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:40 am

I never believed it, I said I heard a rumor.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:32 pm

Ah, okay. But just sayin' it so ya don't believe. :P
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:51 pm

:eh: I`m just going to torture Monkey J. Luffy anyways because he always says "Zolo" to annoy me. The word "Zolo" sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard.
So, Rufi sounds that way to him so it works out well.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:12 pm

The Buster Call's great and all but I'm ready to get back to the fights XD;; I missed Luffy and the gang. I want to see them save Robin. Or at least see how this turns out. So exciting...

So does just about everyone think Gol D. Roger is related to Luffy? Is it kinda confirmed or just theory now?
Kawaiikneko

Postby Myoti » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:45 pm

I do. We never had a straight answer as to whether it was Saul or Rogers being referred to by Kozue/Aokiji, though don't forget -- everyone's got at least 2 grandfathers. ;)
Myoti

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:10 am

General question from someone who has only skimmed recent chapters: has One Piece ever stated who it was that defeated Gold Rogers? I've wondered this ever since reading the first chapter of the series.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:35 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:General question from someone who has only skimmed recent chapters: has One Piece ever stated who it was that defeated Gold Rogers? I've wondered this ever since reading the first chapter of the series.

Nope.
Every now and then, there is a tidbit of info about him, but very little has been revealed about the Pirate King.

Questions like who defeated him(if he was indeed defeated), who his crewmates were, how high his bounty was(assuming he had one), what connection he has to Luffy, etc. have not yet been answered.

In fact, off the top of my head, I believe only two things have been revealed about him since the beginning of the series.

I do. We never had a straight answer as to whether it was Saul or Rogers being referred to by Kozue/Aokiji, though don't forget -- everyone's got at least 2 grandfathers.

Or it could be neither. That could have been a red herring designed to throw people off.

MasterDias

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews