What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Ren_sama » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:24 pm

Pita Ten #6 (just finished)
Negima #2 (...strange manga...kinda funny tho~)
Ren_sama

Postby Elric_kun » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Hitsuji no Uta vol.4
Imadoki vol.3
Prince of Tennis vol.4
Elric_kun

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:54 am

Elric_kun wrote:Imadoki vol.3

Three! Oh, I want three so bad!! Ah!*laments her misfortune.*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby mai » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:13 am

Petshop Of Horrors vol. 1
Clover vol.1
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Kireihana » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:40 am

These are the series I'm following:

Rurouni Kenshin
Naruto
Parfait Tic!
DNAngel

An in Snonen Jump, Hikaru no Go and One Piece.
Kireihana

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:58 am

Mmm, well, I can't exactly say I'm reading Trigun Maximum vol. 3, it's more like read it very quickly. To be specific, I read the entire thing following my mom around the mall, then read it again immeadiatly in order to comprehend what was going on. I kept having to stop to make little squealing fangirl noises.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:27 am

I'm going to read Lupin III vol. 1 either this week or next.Normally I read my manga on Sunday afternoons,but since there is going to be a
R.O.D The Tv Marathon on Anime Unleashed tommorrow I am thinking of
skipping reading Lupin III altogether and saving it for next week.
mitsuki lover

Postby oro! » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:02 pm

I am readin Imadoki volume# 1. I usually don't like too much shojo, but it is actually pretty funny and a story I can follow w/out too much ugh kinda stuff. That's only so far though.
I am also reading Rurouni Kenshin #s 1-7 until I can get my claws on the eighth in a few days.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:19 pm

oro!girl7 wrote:I am readin Imadoki volume# 1. I usually don't like too much shojo, but it is actually pretty funny and a story I can follow w/out too much ugh kinda stuff. That's only so far though.
I am also reading Rurouni Kenshin #s 1-7 until I can get my claws on the eighth in a few days.

Well, you can rest assured that both volume one and two of Imadoki are good (there is a girl in two who sort of "sleeps around" and [spoiler]she gets pregnant[/spoiler] but all of that behavior if frorwned upon. And they're really funny. I love the psycho-nut case blonde guy. So. darn. funny.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:23 pm

TacticsTacticsTacticsTactics! *squeals, bounces off the walls*

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:24 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:TacticsTacticsTacticsTactics! *squeals, bounces off the walls*

Dang, I want to have time to read that!!! I started it, but I had to leave for an appointment! Ack!

Mangafanatic

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:39 pm

Chrno Crusade vol.2
Elric_kun

Postby Aka-chan » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:05 am

Argh, my friend just got that and I'm still in line to read it! I wanna know what happens!! (Ooh, and I just met a guy who's gonna cosplay Chrono this spring! ^___^)
Aka-chan

Postby oro! » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:28 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Well, you can rest assured that both volume one and two of Imadoki are good (there is a girl in two who sort of "sleeps around" and [spoiler]she gets pregnant[/spoiler] but all of that behavior if frorwned upon. And they're really funny. I love the psycho-nut case blonde guy. So. darn. funny.

All right, then. If I have any money, or just stay at the bookstore long enough, I might read it. There isn't any bad scenes in it, other than that?
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:20 am

Wow, I've never seen this thread so far down before.

Right now, I'm reading Dear Mine Ch 14& 15, and I'm very slowly reading through the LoTT (predictably) I never get past more than fourty pages before I have to leave the book store. I was doing some serious spead reading the other day. Porbably 100 pages in 10 minutes. If only I could read the books with only words and no pictures that fast. :sweat:

Oh, and I'm rereading the first 5 volumes of Furuba, but I'm always doing that.

Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:05 pm

I'm reading Chrono Crusade and Comic Party.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Rev. Doc » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:19 pm

Gypsy wrote:I'm reading Chrono Crusade and Comic Party.

I was curious Gypsy, I noticed that there seemed to be two versions of Comic Party being put out. Which version are you reading and how does it compare to the anime (if you've seen that)?
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:12 am

The Ring volume 1

I'm not completely certain how there can be more volumes, but ah well. It was interesting, but I am slightly dissapointed. I have not really read a horror manga before, and this didn't strike me as particularly frightening in any way. The supreme irony of the story is that it was all caused by a pointless act of violence.
uc pseudonym

Postby Debitt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:19 am

currently reading: The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok

I'm disappointed ADV didn't release the Mythical Detective Loki first. =/ It may be a different series, but it introduces you to the characters and the plot. People who haven't read the first series would be SO painfully confused picking up the Ragnarok series. >>; Heck, I was confused, and I'm well acquainted with the series. u_u; And they translated Punyan-san to Pmeow-meow. How do you even SAY that?

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby nightblade » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:04 am

Currently Reading: Naruto, Bleach, Mahou Sensei Negima, re-reading Love Hina

Naruto is starting a new arc and I'm way excited about that, and Negima's storyline picked up in Volume 3 (it's not AMC, so it's not required for a volume or two :P), and [spoiler=mini-Bleach c144 recent spoiler]Bleach is coming down to an epic showdown (Ichigo vs. Byakuya, it's gotta happen sometime ^_^;;;). [/spoiler] I've been having trouble with girls recently, so I picked up Love Hina again just for some encouragement and a few laughs ^^;;
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only
because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." -C.S. Lewis
nightblade

Postby Elric_kun » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:25 pm

Wolf's Rain vol.1
Elric_kun

Postby Key_blade » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:41 am

The third and last volume of .Hack//Legend of the Twilight!!!!! And I'm currently awaiting for more mula to get The first vol. of Jing-The Twilight Tales, vol.5 YYH, vol. 16 Dragon Knights, and either vol. 12 or 13 of Inuyasha!!!!!!
Nan desu ka?!?!?!?!
Kawaii desu!!!!!!! :hug: :hug:

Project W.I.N.K.L.E. LIVESSS, preciousss!

My Deviant
:hits_self :dance: :bang: :dance: :lick: :grin:
Key_blade

Postby Key_blade » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:43 am

The third and last volume of .Hack//Legend of the Twilight!!!!! And I'm currently awaiting for more mula to get The first vol. of Jing-The Twilight Tales, vol.5 YYH, vol. 16 Dragon Knights, and either vol. 12 or 13 of Inuyasha!!!!!!
Nan desu ka?!?!?!?!
Kawaii desu!!!!!!! :hug: :hug:

Project W.I.N.K.L.E. LIVESSS, preciousss!

My Deviant
:hits_self :dance: :bang: :dance: :lick: :grin:
Key_blade

Postby kaji » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:00 am

Right now I am waiting for the 5th volume of Naruto to come out next month.

But whenever Im in Borders I have been reading the SuikodenIII Manga. ^_^

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:57 am

[quote="nightblade"] I've been having trouble with girls recently, so I picked up Love Hina again just for some encouragement and a few laughs ^^]

Goodness knows that has all the answers. J/k.

And keyblade-- your avatar is giving me seizures. ;)

Mangafanatic

Postby nightblade » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:24 am

I didn't say it has all the answers, but when you have three friends (all female) who are incredible Christian women and they're all semi-mad at you and like you but won't come out of the closet...

Well, Love Hina reassures me it could get worse ^^;
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only
because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." -C.S. Lewis
nightblade

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:21 pm

Personally, I have never found that thinking that it could be worse is very comforting. Depressing, more often.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:11 pm

[quote="nightblade"]I didn't say it has all the answers, but when you have three friends (all female) who are incredible Christian women and they're all semi-mad at you and like you but won't come out of the closet...

Well, Love Hina reassures me it could get worse ^^]

Yes, no matter how rock bottom my situation may seem-- I find assurance in the fact that, if I'm really cursed, I might have even farther to fall. Always a comforting thought. :lol:

That's okay. I sort of understand what you mean. I was just kidding. Mostly.

But concerning what I'm reading-- Right now I'm reading XXXHOLIC. Really cool manga. I like it better than Tsubasa.

Mangafanatic

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:20 pm

I'm reading Fruits Basket and Fushi Yuugi (sp?).
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:59 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:I'm reading Fruits Basket and Fushi Yuugi (sp?).

PS- Is there anything in either of these mangas that I should be warned about?
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews