What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Re: What Manga are you reading?

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Naruto 690
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Finally that battle is over! BUT WHAT NEXT!? But yay all the previous kages are back from the grave! It'd be awesome if the hermit could restore undead Minato's arms... HUG NARUTO! Now to rescue everyone from the endless dream D8 But all the tailed beasts have physical bodies of their own again!

Bleach 594
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Intense experimentation! Poor Toshiro! AND THE OTHER CAPTAINS! MATSUMOTO! And great a new person whose powers emotionally manipulates people like a puppet by making them fall obediently in love with him to the point of violent devotion.

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Fairy Tail 398

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun 54

Kuroshitsuji 96.5
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Omgosh the tooth pulling!! I can relate a bit since my mom worked as a dental assistant. If I had a loose tooth I mainly pulled it myself, even if she was experience. I could gauge my own pain.

Shaman King Flowers 26-27

Nanatsu no Taizai 91

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Magi - Labyrinth of Magic 237

Koe no Katachi 51
Good God this chapter will be the death of me SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Seeing Shoko's perspective of how she hears things and also what she wished happened... GIVE THIS POOR GIRL A BREAK. I hope she storms her way into the room this time or that Ueno isn't going to be there for some reason. I mean it's 11pm so I think it's past visiting hours; though I don't know how it works in Japan. Maybe she'll spend the night at the hospital and first thing in the morning beat Ueno to the room. COME ON SHOKOOOO!

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:35 am

CinniScrib wrote:Koe no Katachi 51
Good God this chapter will be the death of me

I was about to read this chapter but then saw your comment, I haven't even read the spoiler but now I'm scared...
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 am

GeneD wrote:
CinniScrib wrote:Koe no Katachi 51
Good God this chapter will be the death of me

I was about to read this chapter but then saw your comment, I haven't even read the spoiler but now I'm scared...

Hahaa it's just miserable but not horrifying; it's just makes you empathize and feel sad, that's all I'll say :)

Naruto 691
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: NOOOOO BYE MINATO! D8 Next up what will happen to the Tailed Beasts? They have solid forms so will they continue to exist that way?

Bleach 595
I notice it's always villains in Bleach that I find obnoxious. Not all of them but SPOILER: Highlight text to read: SOMEONE KILL PEPE ALREADY. UGH. Man manipulating the zanpakutou! Uuugh he's so gross OTL

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:18 am

Pandora Hearts 97
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: YOU GO ECHO!! And ADA! That was close but now she's got short hair! Oooh well. Hair cut short symbolizes cutting ties or change.

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Liar Game chapters 12-18

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh...just when I thought the stakes couldn't get any higher! :dizzy:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Kamisama Hajimemashita 117
Season 2 anime was confirmed!! 8D
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: THAT POTION IS BAD NEWS! NOOOOOO

Akagami no Shirayukihime 58

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:15 am

Fairy Tail 399
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well now there's going to be a serious smack down. Crazy dragon is appearing! SNAP!

Shingeki no Kyojin 61

Discovered a new manga and am enjoying it. I feel for the main character since he's the underdog and the victim of a conspiracy (isn't spoilers, it's in the description and first page)
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 1-8
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I want the King and Princess to eat it. Or rather get eaten by the tainted monsters. The other heroes are stupid, all caught up in self righteousness. Meanwhile I want Mei or whatever to take a dive out a window, the liar. LET JUSTICE HAPPEN AND THE TRUTH COME OUT!!

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:30 am

Witch Craft Works 37

Nanatsu no Taizai 92

CinniScrib

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Hibi Chouchou chapters 42-47: It was kinda neat how the first of these few chapters partly showed Kawasumi's perspective on the chapter before it, and then partly continued the scene. As for the following chapters: ...See, this is what I like about this manga. Even if you think some usual drama-trope might be going to show up, instead everything just gets worked out as it should with no fuss. :) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I mean, the potential 'misunderstanding' didn't even last for half a chapter (getting worked out perfectly well by that same evening in-story), and the only one really offended was Aya, whom Kawasumi apologized to at the earliest possible opportunity (and which she accepted). It's just so soothing. <3 Also: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: LOL at Takaya's reaction to Mina's 'not-friendship' chocolates (and him still sitting there with the same completely-stunned expression a while later :grin: ). It was cute how he talked it over with the other guys, too <3 , and how Kawasumi was a good friend and helped them work out *their* potential misunderstanding, as well. And then Kawasumi's present for Suiren... A BUTTERFLY. YES. <3

Kamisama Hajimemashita, a.k.a. Kamisama Kiss, chapter 117: Ahhh, this chapter~! <3 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That comparison... and their resolution... <3 <3 <3 And then that end, BWAHAHA!!! :lol: That was priceless!! :lol: (Both Tomoe's action as well as the result {oh my gosh, HE IS TOO CUTE AS A REAL FOX. Yes, I squealed at his cuteness. And no, I am not the least bit ashamed :) }.)

Karneval chapter 83: LOL, Yogi. :lol: <3 Anyway, this was a nice light-hearted break-- SPOILER: Highlight text to read: in fact, even that end was amusing, despite the circumstances. :grin:

One Week Friends chapter 22: Oh wow-- as great as the anime most definitely was, there's actually a good bit more character development with Kujou in the manga (even just in this chapter) than there was in the anime. And I'm loving it. <3

Orange chapter 13: It's so fun to see them all working together with each other openly now to try and help Kakeru SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (and get him and Naho together in the process ;) :grin: ). Also, I noticed that the way China was looking at Suwa seemed rather significant... :) Finally:
GeneD wrote: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm struggling to reconcile the "must save Kakeru" and "OMG I'm so nervous about walking close to him" part of the plot. The latter breaks my suspension of disbelief for some reason.

Hmm... well, I both agree and disagree with this a little. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: On the one hand, I know how jittery it can feel sometimes (especially when it comes to closeness/touch) when you're in the very early stages of being in love; and while my reaction certainly would not have been anywhere close to the exaggerated reaction Naho gave in that situation, she's quite shy to begin with, and even with my own rather strong (and not shy at all) personality, I still would've been plenty nervous (internally, at least). And, in the end, it was Naho who managed to be persistent enough to initiate them holding hands again (in fact, I was a little surprised that she *was* that persistent, honestly). So in terms of my own suspension of disbelief, I was actually fairly okay with it up until there. The part I was *not* really okay with, however (and this is where I agree), was when Kakeru said he'd go out with her if she wanted to, and she just basically said that they were fine as they were. :shady: I mean, yes, he's still in a rather unstable and fragile state both psychologically and emotionally, despite the progress he's made so far, so I can understand trying to be careful; and yes, as I mentioned before, she is quite shy; but, seriously, there are limits. :shady: You both like each other, you both *know* that you like each other, and the dude just offered to go out with you-- ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS JUST ONE LITTLE WORD, DARN IT!! HOW HARD IS THAT?! ...But oh well, I guess that's just me. :P :eyeroll: :grin: Ah well. It should be interesting to see where it goes from here, at any rate. :)

Pandora Hearts chapter 97: Holy crap, this chapter was so epic (and moving)! <3 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The bit when Alice was protecting Oz (and Oswald was unable to hurt her, because of Lacie), and then every single panel with Echo/Noise(/etc.) and Ada/Vincent... oh man, just... wow.

Spirit Circle chapter 27: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Whew-- I'm glad that meeting went differently than I expected. As for that revelation at the end, well, that was pretty much what I was expecting as a reader, given the story so far; but for Lafalle, it was absolutely earth-shattering, and will almost certainly prompt him to try to destroy the Tower from the inside to release all those poor souls from their living death (and thus allowing the human population to eventually grow again, too). Which is certainly the right thing for him to do in his situation-- however, there's all sorts of ways that could lead to things not ending well for him and their family, and given the way most of the other previous lives have gone, that's a very likely probability, too... :pikka:

And Zetsuen no Tempest chapter 32: LOL-- that is not how I expected that conversation to go. :grin: In fact, it was quite rational, as well as being amusing. (It was even rather touching!) And Mahiro's conversation with Hakaze was also excellent. Y'know, I'm still not entirely sure why or how this series is so addicting, but man, I am not complaining at all! :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:38 am

Koe no Kitachi 52
Someone hold me and all my feels with this series
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Such a great chapter in terms of staging and relying heavily on expressions and angles/perspective to drive points across. And the only word spoke is "Nihimiya." UUGH I can't wait for next chapter! Seriously Ishida is going to be worried sick about Shoko until he knows how she is since last he knew, she could have fallen as well. I hope he shuts Nao down next chapter if she tries the monopoly thing again with his room. I know Shoko is going to be a mess, blaming herself. Seriously these two need to value themselves more! COME ON SHOYA! I NEED MY SHO-SHO SHIP.

Naruto 692
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Can someone officially slap Sasuke all the way around the world and back again? He's always been the aggressor but seriously I want to pummel him this time. He won't ever 100% agree with Naruto and even if he agrees 90%, with that power he's not going to just go along with things. I have a feeling this Sasuke vs Naruto battle with be the second to last arc of the series, or end with that battle and jump to present day/the future. IDK since the series is suppose to end soon? Like next year maybe? I know Bleach is on its last arc *shrugs*

Bleach 596
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kurotsuchi's shoes remind me of beetle feet and need to be destroyed because they're horrible looking on him. BUT YES PUNCH THAT SICKO IN THE FACE! BWAHA

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Liar Game chapters 19-29

Duuuuuuude, this story is getting soooooo good! :n_n: There were moments where I just had to laugh out loud - not because it was funny, necessarily, but just because the plot twists and characters' cunning plans were so ingenious. I also really like the message they're getting across with this story. I think it's rare, especially with a setup like this, to read a story about honesty. With so many twists and turns and backstabbing, you'd expect the point to be that Nao is too naive and trusting, to the point that she keeps on getting hurt. But that doesn't seem to be it at all. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this ends up.

ROUND THREE, HERE WE GO!!!! :dance:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Ao no Exorcist 60
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: KILL THE FAT SHORT DOCTOR. KILL HIM. UUUGH. I'm tired of reading his laughter and seeing his ugly face! Come on Izumo! Fight it!

Shana oh Yoshitsune 26-28
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well he's going to be dead soon, too bad. Even though we knew it was coming from chapter 1.

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Magi 238
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Awww Mor! I love how she power dashes to Aladdin in support of him.

Fairy Tail Zero 3

Fairy Tail 400
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Acnologia!! AAAH But the dragons hiding inside their dragon-slayer children? WAAAH

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:22 am

Nanatsu no Taizai 93
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Holy cow Ban! He's immortal but I think having your upper body completely blown away makes you super dead 8(

Shaman King 0 ch1-8
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hao's original name haha.

Pinocchio 75-76

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Fairy Tail Ice Trail 3

Also saw the Raw for Koe no Katachi 53
AAAAH CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:18 am

Magi 239

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun 0

Kingdom Hearts 2 chapter 50-55, 57 & 58
Why are they missing chapter 56!? HMNG. Chapter 55's covering of the game sequence SPOILER: Highlight text to read: is pretty spot on. I teared up during that scene in the game, when Axel died. BUT THANKS TO FANS HE CAME BACK MWAHAHA! Still that was terrible I'm just glad he didn't get stuck to just Chain of Memories and KH2, eventually the DS game and then Dream Drop Distance.
I forgot that Saix was the one who hurt Axel. Otherwise in the game it's just that he appears and uses up too much of his power; the manga fills in more that the game doesn't cover. I can't remember, I need to get KH2 Final Remix and play it over. Seriously a bummer since Axel and Saix used to be BFFs then Saix had to go get a piece of Xehenort put in him. 8(

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:54 am

Koe no Katachi ch 52: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: He finally woke up I am so happy.

Finally felt up to reading the last few chapters of YKK. 10/10 in my book. Read this if you like peaceful things, heck read this if you like good things. Especially if it's not something you normally would.

Read Present for Me, a collection of shorts by the author of Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, which I enjoy a lot. It was pretty nice, not particularly outstanding but not bad.

Marathoned Bonnouji over the weekend. Sweet, straight forward romance isn't usually my thing but this was just adorable and I like it a lot. Also it doesn't take place in high school which is always a plus. Content warning though, it contains adult themes, there is drinking, smoking and a sex scene.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Koe no Katachi 53
!!!! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HE HEARD HER AND HE SOME HOW SAW WHERE SHE WAS! AAH. BUT DON'T PULL OUT THE IVS, THE WORST THING EVER. LIKE. NO. NO NO.
But him waking up with a dry mouth makes him sound a bit like Shoko. The nurse doesn't understand him which is kinda turning the tables when Shoko tries to talk. UUugh the pulling of the IV out though, seriously... How long was Ishida sleeping? He had major back injuries though! BUT THEM BOTH THINKING THE OTHER IS A GHOST, AWAAA.

Kingdom Hearts 56
Yesss missing chapter found

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 34-35
Why is chapter 33 missing!? HNNG SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Poor Jafar hahah stuck babysitting with that strong baby! A 1 year old the size of a short 11 year old, holy cow.

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Bleach 597

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Liar Game chapters 30-36

How is it that every round of the game raises the stakes and makes the story ten times more exciting?! :wow!: I looooooooooooooooove where this is going :n_n:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Kuroshitsuji 97
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sebastion kill that old biddy! Seriously what a whacked village. I wonder how many are involved if it's everyone or just about everyone. Chemical warfare though, boy oh boy. Poor Sullivan! Seriously they break her feet to be small to make her think she can wield magic because of the sacrifice and really they're just using her scientific genius to make a weapon.

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:55 am

Horimiya ch1-40

(I'd started reading it randomly one day at school but then I forgot the series name. BUT I FOUND IT NOW AFTER MONTHS!)

Koe no Katachi 54
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I wish we knew more of what Shoko was saying though we get the gist of it (I know some ASL but it's different than what Japan uses..) But poor Mrs. Ishida!

Nanatsu no Taizai 94
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Wow how did Veronica survive!? And just what is Elizabeth? I know she looks like someone Meliodas lost years ago, but of course before anything can be said Elizabeth awakens. DURRR.

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 33
Finally the missing chapter!

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Orange 14
Koe No Katachi 54
Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches 127
Mysterious Girlfriend X 92 (Final chapter)

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Magi - Labyrinth of Magic 240
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well yay Arba is dead but... Judar!! What are you up to!? And Hakuryuu! DON'T BE CONSUMED BY REVENGE! Ugh. I hate it when good friends turn "evil"

CinniScrib

Postby Anisha93 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:58 am

Currently...akumu no sumu ie, ghost hunt.
i am also reading shinrei tantei yakumo side by side.
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Bleach 598
You know a series is close to ending when they show flashbacks to much earlier chapters. Then again they can do that at any time but Bleach is on its last arc anyways... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: But can I say that battle went fast? Unless the lisping guy some how survives that but it's awesome that we have a tailor shinigami. I mean come on a needle is a type of blade so it's awesome. Now we need a shimigami with a letter opener BWAHA.

Naruto 693
RRRAH SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well at least it was a sensory attack but seriously Sasuke. I'm glad Sakura finally said something out loud and to Sasuke about loving him but seriously that crush isn't healthy; he'll kill you, your love is an obsession at this point. Sasuke I think most of the fandom is 99.5% done with you. But back to the place the first fought and separated all those years ago!

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:15 pm

Liar Game chapters 47-56

Round 3 is absolutely fascinating. I love all the twists and turns, and Yokoya makes a perfect villain for Akiyama to face up against. I'm also enjoying hints of Nao's true strength. She seems so hapless and gullible, it's easy to forget that she's not unintelligent herself.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews