Concerts this fall- Houston, TX

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Concerts this fall- Houston, TX

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:57 pm

Just wanted to update you guys on 2 concerts coming to Houston this fall (I'll be going to both)

First up, Shoutfest. September 13th, Humble Civic Center Arena @ 4pm.
Bands: ZoeGirl, Tait, Pillar, The Benjamin Gate (their last performance in Houston) , Skillet, Nate Sallie, Kelcey, Overflow, Detour 180, Tinman Jones, Lil iROCC
Info: http://www.godlistens.com/events/index.cfm

Then, probably the most anticipated Christian concert in Houston, Festival Con Dios. October 18th, Greenspoint Mall (where it ALWAYS is...I wish they'd pick something on this side of Houston) @ 4pm.
Bands: The Newsboys, Plus One, Kutless, Thousand Foot Krutch, Sanctus Real, KJ-52, Stereo Motion, Seven Places, FM Static, Matthew West & Sky Harbor. Speaker Ryan Dobson, Comedian Bob Smiley.
Info: http://www.godlistens.com/events/index.cfm
http://www.festivalcondios.com

If you buy tickets before the 31st you can get them for $15. Hope to see you guys there...if I can get one in time, I'll wear a CAA shirt or hat. :rock:
Ashley

Postby Celtic_Moon » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:58 am

Man, Houston. I'll have to drive 4 1/2 hrs then stay over night. Texas is too dang spread out I tell ya!
If I go, look for the girl in the bright red Fox Racing shirt, olive drab shorts and blue addidas.
Celtic_Moon

Postby Spencer » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:39 am

I'd love to go, concerts rock! But I doubt I'd go, concerts are a no-way kind of thing parent-wise. :stressed:
:)
Spencer

Postby Ashley » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:22 pm

Just got back from Shoutfest '03 in Humble, Texas. What an awesome concert!
It was outdoor, so it was incredible to be able to be less than 20 feet away from bands like the Benjamin Gate (who were awwwwwwwwwwwesome) and Tait (who suprised me and had a great show too). I also saw tinman jones, overflow, nate sallie (got him to autograph a cd for me too), and (ugh) lil' irroc. Unfortunately, skillet cancelled, and I left before Pillar came on. But all in all, great concert. Highly suggest you guys check out FCD if you missed this.
And I think I got a little sunburned too.
Ashley

Postby Shinja » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:44 pm

what no relient k?

any way sounds awsome :thumb:
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby purplemoose » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:43 pm

yeah i listen to the station who does those concerts its pretty cool!!!
purplemoose

Return to Jam Session