[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
More legal issues - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

More legal issues

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

More legal issues

Postby Master Kenzo » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:15 am

Another question for you guys ... please don't turn this into a war.

I was thinking of setting up a Shoutcast server...I wonder if there's any restrictions or such. Please let me know, because the idea of having my own online radio station would be pretty kewl.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby andyroo » Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:10 pm

You just can't play copyrighted songs without permission. That's pretty much it as far as I can remember.
It depends on which country you live in. In the U.S. you have to get a liscense with all of these rediculous restrictions and fees.
I'm not too sure about written works though.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Straylight » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:18 pm

andyroo wrote:You just can't play copyrighted songs without permission. That's pretty much it as far as I can remember.
It depends on which country you live in. In the U.S. you have to get a liscense with all of these rediculous restrictions and fees.
I'm not too sure about written works though.

Well as far as legality goes there are a lot of indie artists out there. Check out tastyfresh.com and advertise your radio station idea on there. You'll no doubt get loads of Christian music producers replying, asking if you will play their tune ]edit[/b] Heck if this works out we could even make it into an offical caa station
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Benu » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:21 pm

Hey an offical CAA Radio station does not sound like a bad idea. Hey I'll even throw in some of my techno tracks that i make for you guys to stream!:dance:
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby inkhana » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:05 pm

Hey, that would be so cool if you could work that out! I'm sure there are lots of talented musicians here who could add content.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby blueraven » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:11 pm

All I've gotta say is
:thumb: Go for it! :thumb:
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Postby Technomancer » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:15 am

The current regulatory regime in Canada is that there is none. SOCAN (the organization that oversees and collects royalties) currently has an application before the courts (Tariff 22), that would require a payment of 25 cents per listener from I-radio stations. There would also be an additional charge for commercial broadcasters. Until this is approved however, royalties are not required by law. However, you should still seek to operate in an ethical fashion.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Master Kenzo » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:35 am

An official CAA station...cool! But we'd need lotsa songs, at least enough for 12 hours to start off with (heck I have more, but with royalties...I have no money x_x)

And I'll check out tastyfresh.com too!

Thanks for the warm support guys, and, Technomancer, what you say?
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby blueraven » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:56 am

Like I said before :thumb: Go for it! :thumb: I'll always be backing CAA up 100%
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Postby Technomancer » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:57 am

Thanks for the warm support guys, and, Technomancer, what you say?

Er..what do you mean?
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby HeavensTek » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:02 pm

be warned... :grin:

Tastyfresh.com is definately a cool place....but it can get straight dangerous if you get involved in some of the music/gear/spiritual debates...(actually they don't allow spiritual debates now due to it causing silly division amongst the community)

the place is a bridge between christianity and the secular rave scene, so you get a lot of good music and crazy people.....mostly christian djs, producers, and event promotors.....
HeavensTek

Return to Jam Session