Anyone here love listening to Jpop?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Anyone here love listening to Jpop?

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 am

I love listening to it and I actually use it on my old ipod when Im working out, those songs have a a lot of energy.

my favorite bands/singers is Fripside who did the Railgun openings and Kotoko which did the Please Teacher series and Shakugan no Shana.

I also like some rock bands like Uverworld, that did Bleach, Blue Exorcist, and Dgrayman openings, TM revolution that did Rurouni Kenshin and Gundam Seed.

its too many to list. hahahhaha.
Rzerox21xx

Re: Anyone here love listening to Jpop?

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Have you heard One OK Rock? I think they're probably my favorite JRock band ever! Hee, hee.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:29 pm

well I sure feel stupid, I didn't notice the jam session section. lol. My bad Gomen nasai.

anyway, no I haven't heard of that band but I will check it out, have you heard of Kotoko and Fripside which is some nice techno.
Rzerox21xx

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:20 am

Hmm, no I haven't. Now I'm gonna have to look em up! ^_^
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby KazeShiki » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Honestly Kotoko is more associated with VN songs than anime. Mami Kawada did the majority of Shana songs. One OK Rock is definitely one of the better j-rock bands, but I'm not really into rock so :x Anyway, I listen to less jpop and more anison but I suppose there's enough overlap. I tend to only pick up songs I like from most artists, but there are a few I actually follow.
Nana Mizuki - easily best singer in anison. my personal favorite singer ever. of all time. forever.
Nagi Yanagi - I think half the time people say they like Supercell, they just mean Nagi. Her collab with Jun Maeda was really great.
Kalafina - honestly don't like what they've put out recently but they've done some really good stuff in the past, most notably with KnK.
ELISA - best at pretty sounding music, but her vocal technique has improved over the years. not incredibly amazing, but I like her music.

I suppose Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, and Yui Horie deserve to be mentioned considering how popular they are, but I don't actually follow them very closely.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Rzerox21xx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Thank for naming some singers and bands I will check out, Ill definitely check out more Nana Mizuki

I'm aware that Kotoko does mostly visual novels and h games. can't help but like the music even if I don't like the material they are doing it for. I still use my ipod with jpop, rock and trance, along with 80s, 90s dance and video game music at the gym, it keeps me motivated. especially the long half hour cardio
Rzerox21xx

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Oh my goodness had this thread been here like 2 years ago I'd be in a posting frenzy but in general I do love J-Pop (though I LOVE LOVE K-Pop ten times more). My favorite artists are Anna Tsuchiya, Tommy heavenly6, Tommy February6, Angela Aki, Yui, and all of I've Sound (MELL, Mami Kawada, LIA, Kotoko, Iku, etc)
yukoxholic

Postby 4g0n1z3d » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:12 pm

You know its funny, I'm seriously addicted to jpop myself. Kotoko is by far my favorite singer/ songwriter. You know she writes songs for mami kawada, Eiko shimamiya and Minami Kuribayashi ? All very decent artists. Since being all Christians on this site FYI kotoko's light my fire refers to psalm 15. ;3 .
4g0n1z3d

Return to Jam Session