Any Hunters here?! (Demon Hunter!)

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Any Hunters here?! (Demon Hunter!)

Postby LupoRedgrave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:27 am

I'm really sorry if this has been done before!

'Hunters' is the name of the fans of the Christian Heavy Metal band: Demon Hunter.
Big Hunter here myself.
I find it amusing that, of all things, I found Demon Hunter through my love of wolves (just reading a bit more about them) and it - at the same time - lead me to Wolf's Rain.

In the videos in the Google search, I kept seeing this over again: "Follow the Wolves Wolf's Rain"...eventually my curiosity got the better of me.
I'd never been a metal-genre lover and Ryan's voice actually scared me when he sung: "RUN!".

Then I read about the band and learned they were Christian. I actually felt a tear rolling down my cheek I was that happy and amazed. :jump:
To me, it is almost like I meant to find it.... you know? :D
It's also cause of the band that I know what I want to do for an occupation. I like art and I would like to become a Graphic Artist, just like Ryan and Don, once I get better at my art.

Here's a song of Demon Hunter's, if you would like to listen to them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RdCC_4Qob4 That song is the very first song they ever wrote.

So - my above explanation/mini history on how I found them, aside - are there any Hunters - Demon Hunter fans - here in the CAA?
Last edited by LupoRedgrave on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Re: Any Hunters here?!

Postby Okami » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 am

I'm one of the resident Hunters. Found my interest in them (and the metal genre) through their song, Thorns. :n_n:
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Re: Any Hunters here?! (Demon Hunter!)

Postby LupoRedgrave » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Yay! I thought maybe someone here might have known of the band. I'm glad I found you.
I wonder if there will be others....?
I alos enjoy Skillet and Breaking Benjamin
LupoRedgrave

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Been listening to them for 7 or 8 years now. Since their album summer of darkness came out yet.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Demon Hunter is a little hit-and-miss for me. When I like a song of theirs, I really really like it, but I don't really care for most of them. I think the main thing it comes down to is I don't like songs that are all screaming. I don't mind screaming punctuating the song to express intense emotion or whatever, but when the entire song is screaming, it just sounds like noise that's ruining someone's vocal cords to me. But when he sings, that dude can sing. The Demon Hunter songs I like are:

"Carry Me Down"
"Fading Away"
"Thorns"

"Dead Flowers"
"I Am a Stone"

"Deteriorate"
"The Tide Began to Rise"

"Driving Nails"

"My Heartstrings Come Undone"
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Never thirsty! » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:33 am

virtual fist bump! save sorrow for the souls in doubt bleed every care out. suppress the pain of mind as long as you can bear, and feel the desperation clawing from within they say the truth is found when Hell is at your doorstep you better pray to see that time come to pass no compromise to end we'll wash the blood off of our hands and fight again! btw THIS WAS MINE from a year ago or so!!!!!!!!!!!! But at least you're a fan too
Never thirsty!

Postby LupoRedgrave » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 am

Whoo more Hunters!~ *virtual fistbumps back*
Also, I'm sorry for my late response. Image I hadn't forgotten about this thread :)

Some of Demon Hunter's songs were originally a hit-and-miss one for me too The-Wolfs-Howl - untill they won me over by growing on me. As I said Ryan's growl of "RUN" from Follow the Wolves, scared me at first.

Also Amen to that about when he's not doing his heavy metal growl, Ryan's voice for his 'softer/mellow songs' (aka when he's not doing the heavy metal growl of course) is absolutely outstanding!
I sometimes listen to the softer ones to help me fall asleep at night.

What I really like most is that this was the first band I had ever encounteed that had a meaning behind the songs they wrote.
I'd go looking for the meanings from some of my other favourites but I wouldn't find any. All i could get was the listener's views of what the song meant.

I remember reading one of of the meanings (I can't remember which one it was) and I was moved nearly to tears when I learnt the meaning of it.

Heartstrings is such a beautifull song, and the fact it's dedicated to his wife is so sweet!...when the crowd started singing it in the Third War dvd for one of the tours (the Tryptych), I dunno why but I realised I was crying.

The_Wolfs_Howl have you heard of What is Left?
LupoRedgrave

Postby TheMewster » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:33 am

I don't really listen to Demon Hunter much, but I think I heard a song of theirs at my youth group's game night last Friday.
TheMewster

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 pm

LupoRedgrave wrote:The_Wolfs_Howl have you heard of What is Left?

No...*goes to check it out* Cool! It has this weird dissonance in some parts that really works well for the subject matter.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby LupoRedgrave » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:
LupoRedgrave wrote:The_Wolfs_Howl have you heard of What is Left?

No...*goes to check it out* Cool! It has this weird dissonance in some parts that really works well for the subject matter.

I was unsure about asking, seeing as you had heard the other bonus track (I am a Stone), and I thought you may have already heard "What is Left".

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I like the dissonance utilized in some of the verses. (I can't find Ryan's meaning behind the song though :( ) :D
It is also my favourite one from True Defiance alongside: This I know, My Destiny and Dead Flowers, Means to an End, Resistance, Crucifix and Wake.
LupoRedgrave

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Demon Hunter is one of the first aggressive sounding bands that I got into when I was younger.
Their first three albums are excellent, very heavy, and packed with nostalgia.

Anything after that I can't get into no matter how hard I try.

But overall, awesome band.
Tommy

Postby LupoRedgrave » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:42 am

Forgive the rather late response Tommy, however it seems the album True Defiance (well my perception of it anway) has returned has returned to its origins of being very heavy indeed.
LupoRedgrave

Return to Jam Session