K-Pop anybody? :3

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

K-Pop anybody? :3

Postby airichan623 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:19 pm

So right now I'm listening to Shinee's "Lucifer" which is SOOO CATCHY.

Other K-pop artists I love:

-BoA (most have her japanese stuff, though i now "Hurricane Venus")
-Wonder Girls (they opened for the JoBros a while back on their world tour...I considered going to the concert just for them) :)
-SuperJunior
-Girls' Generation
-Brown Eyed Girls

what are you guy's favs?

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Atria35 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:50 pm

-2 AM/2 PM
-Se7en
-Big Bang
-SuperJunior (yea, I'm a fan too! ^.^)
... and not much besides those. I'm not too big into the scene.
Atria35

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:58 pm

I love BoA too

Does 2NE1 count?
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Nami » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:08 am

SHINee is one of my ultimate favorites, I listen to them all the time.
f(x)
TVXQ (Before and after they broke up)
JYJ
U-KISS is pretty good~ :D
Big Bang
G-Dragon (alone)

I listen to tons of music, and I don't always love the band, but I can love certain songs. XD
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Epik high
Brown Eyed Girls
Giana
Girls day (lol they are so girly....and not very good but really cute >.<)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby TWWK » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Ah, BoA - I used to listen to her frequently when she first hit the scene. I've barely heard any Korean music from her in the last...decade.

Besides a bit of Rain, I haven't listened to much modern K-pop. But when I was in high school/college, I listened to a lot of SES (and still pop their CDs into my car frequently) and Turbo.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby muzik_gurl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:24 am

lol Im a Kpop addict!

boys:
Big Bang (also their solo albums!)
Super Junior
SHINee
B2ST
UKiss
SS501
A- Peace
SM The Ballad

Boys and Girls-
Co-Ed School

Girls -
2NE1
SNSD
T-ara
4minute
Girls Day
After School (and sub units)
BoA

.... to name a few!
[color="Magenta"]I confess...I sing along to foreign songs that I dont understand at all. They're usually Korean.[/color]
muzik_gurl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Yay! K-Pop!!!

I'm a pretty big fan of Girls' Generation. Their songs in Korean and Japanese are awesome! They also released an English version of "The Boys", but personally I think the original Korean sounds better.

I also like Rainbow. Their song "To Me" is what made me a fan, and "Sweet Dreams" is a really pretty one.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby muzik_gurl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:19 pm

[quote="Nadia (post: 1525471)"]Anybody watch any of the year-end performances? MBC was just a complete mess with the microphone problems, and the performances themselves – outside of the various problems for not only MBC but KBS and SBS – ranged from terrible to boring with some overuse of dub step remixes, the general lack of actual singing, and the abundance of awkwardness (only Tasha brought that one special hip-hop performance back to life), not to mention rookie overcrowding (very few new groups caught my attention in 2011). Plus, many of the performers were very tired…I know TVXQ, KARA, and SNSD had to pre-record and then scoot over to Japan for Kohaku.

Yeah, I’m quite disappointed, because I was looking forward to some great stages and collabs (not to mention hoping to see other music genres featured, but that itself is a topic for another time).

And muzik_gurl, to answer your question from that one thread you made concerning biases/favorite members within group acts, here are mine:

Super Junior: Sungmin – SJ’s middle child, the “Jack of all trades, master of noneâ€
[color="Magenta"]I confess...I sing along to foreign songs that I dont understand at all. They're usually Korean.[/color]
muzik_gurl

Postby Tigerchu » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Super Junior, 2ne1, BB, GDragon
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Tigerchu » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Shock and Mr. Simple!
2ne1 "can't nobody" and "Fire". I don't like all the videos, but they sound cool.
I really tend to hate slow and "mushy" stuff. I like hard, edgy and poppy sounds. Hard Rock and Pop.
How did I discover K-Pop? I have Korean friends and I wanted to finally get to know their culture. Plus my mom wouldn't let me watch M-TV, and this is technically not M-TV, it's Korean, so she shouldn't mind... I hope. Besides, from an American perspective, they're technically cleaner than M-TV. Though they are probably border-line for their own culture. (:) :) *grin grin* it's just something I've noticed. Not trying to get political or what-not or anything)
Tigerchu

Postby Tigerchu » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Nadia:) :
(I just didn't want to quote everything, including my own quotes again)

As for Mr. Simple, I thought it had to do with lifting up... or something that sounds less religiously ( XD sorry, I got that from my brother.) Simplicity. As in, the Korean nation (as well as other nations, including the US) was getting so used to technology (especially the younger generation) that they were forgetting how to live a simple life, which is, in my opinion, important for health. Being able to just relax and do only 1 thing, or nothing at all, is important. I think I was corrected as to the meaning of the song by reading the English translation of the lyrics, though. I'd have to check back sometime to see what they might actually mean. Just checked, and actually, I was right. It is pretty much telling people to "live a simpler life", or at least "chill". To slow down and take it easy. Basically we're in an annoying world, and we need to know to let ourselves release the tension. They say to do a few things, which some of which I don't appreciate, but basically, have fun and relax. You can sing a song to blow off some steam.

Again, in case someone reads this and they don't read my previous posts: I'm not trying to get political.

Oh, yeah. I also like the bouncy voice parts of Mr. Simple, and the droning parts. Droning sounds funny at times (not here) and interesting and dramatic in places (here). Plus I like the whole Asian thing about ending a sentence then starting a new one quickly. As apposed to waiting a second or so before starting the new sentence.
Have faith

-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Tigerchu » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:55 am

Oh yeah! Super Junior's Sorry Sorry was really good. All in all, I think my favorite SJ song would be Super Girl, just because I'm a feminist^^ (Girl powah *pumps fist in air). Plus I like the way they sing the song. All long in some parts and shorter in others. (Just saying a word longer than usual. Like "Powaaaaaah", instead of "powah"). I also like the bouncy beat in the middle or something of the song:).
But from what I've heard, my farvourite Super Junior songs would be Super Girl, Sorry Sorry, and Mr. Simple, unless there are others that I don't remember. I don't always pay attention to names of groups unless I'm psychopathically in love with the song ^^ Lol. And you'll probably see that I've mentioned that below because I wrote that first ^^ I just thought I needed to write it again... because you're going to read this first^^ Lol.

Asian thing? Like um... maybe Bleach ending theme "Houki Boshi". There are like 3 or more versions of that song, so I'm not sure which one it's in, but some version.
Something like:
Chorus: Houki Boshiiiiiiii ta-gaaaaaaaa...kitamooooooo..... That type of thing. Instead of a break between words, they're slurred. Which in retrospect seems kinda normal... I wonder why I didn't notice it before^^. I hardly ever notice anything^^

Thanks for talking to me^^ You can continue, I just felt like I needed to say that^^ Lol.
Have faith

Tigerchu

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Recently I've been getting into 4Minute (because of my brother).

Oh, and (I find this funny) the only male K-Pop group I actually like is TVXQ (or otherwise know as DBSK).
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Nadia (post: 1533257) wrote:I’m curious, why do you find it funny? I’ve noticed that girl groups seem to be more popular nowadays than the boys. ^_^

Also, you’re a fan of SNSD/Girls’ Generation, right? Were you able to catch them on David Letterman and Live With Kelly at the beginning of this month?

TVXQ will forever be legendary! If things hadn’t happened as they did, I wonder how far they would have gone by now…

I just find it funny 'cause of how girls fangirl over the boy bands. XD!! TVXQ so far are the only appealing ones to me (and some of them are cute <3)

Yes, I love Girls' Generation! I saw on YouTube both those performances. It's awesome to know they're popular here, too. I like the Korean version of "The Boys" better, though. The lyrics seem mediocre in English (I've read the translation for the original). The awesome thing about them is, I get double laughs 'cause they get fangirls AND fanboys screaming XD!!!

AnimeGirl

Postby Tigerchu » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 pm

U-ki-- "b b ba" (it's kind of taboo for me)
Bingeul Bingeul

Also, what's "TVXQ" like?
Have faith

Tigerchu

Postby minamikaome » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:29 pm

SHINee
B2ST
MBLAQ

My biases are Key, Jonghyun, Junhyung, Yoseob, Kikwang, Joon and Thunder.
minamikaome

Return to Jam Session