mewithoutYou: The Fifth Album (untitled as of yet)

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

mewithoutYou: The Fifth Album (untitled as of yet)

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:08 pm

GUYS. SOMEBODY BE EXCITED WITH ME. mewithoutYou is playing new songs at their shows this summer to gear up for their 5th album, which they're recording now. ANYWAYS. Here are two of the new songs: The Fiji Mermaid (the first video in the replies) and January 1878 (scroll down to find it).

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2404862

JANUARY 1878. I CAN'T GET OVER HOW EXCITING THIS IS. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm

These songs. Are so good.

This album will be so good.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 pm

I don't need to listen to them to know they are awesome
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Sorry for gravedigging, but this is my first time on the site in a while and this is the first time I've come across this new song.

They were kind of disappointment live, but granted I saw them at Six Flags. I mean, at this point mewithoutYou has nothing to prove after putting out three phenomenal albums but I feel as if their most recent release just didn't have the mewithoutYou feel I always loved and it also seems like this new song is nothing more than them wanting desperately to be Neutral Milk Hotel.

I thought mewithoutYou's older efforts were far more unique than this.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Return to Jam Session