Radiohead- The King of Limbs (out now!)

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Radiohead- The King of Limbs (out now!)

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:12 pm

The new Radiohead album was both announced and released this week. You can buy it here.

If you want to hear it before you purchase, there is a stream here.

I have finished listening to it, and I really like this album right now. I will definitely need to listen to it many, many times to get everything out of it, and to form a more solid opinion.

As far as I can tell, this might be one of Radiohead's most divisive albums as far as their fans are concerned. I have heard people praise it as the best ever, and others say it is their worst.

On a side note, I am on my second listen and switched to my giant nice headphones, and I can say that this album benefits immensely from being played through nice speakers/headphones. I feel like my laptop speakers hid half of the music from me. :lol:
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby WhiteMage212 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I only listened to the album once on youtube. I have to say this is a very different direction than what they have originally been. I don't think this could exactly be called the best or worst album simply because the direction of the music is very different. I'm liking the jazz influences though. The music is pretty chill. hope they follow up with a part two!
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Strafe » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:57 pm

There's an interesting theory about the album:

---

There WILL be a part two because they are packaging the album later with two vinyls instead of just one.

In the song separator, there is a line, "If you think this is over, then you're wrong." And then perhaps the name separator means that it separates the two halfs of the album.

---

That's the theory, and I wouldn't put it past Radiohead if that's what they're actually doing.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:06 pm

I've heard that theory, and I hope so much that it's true. XD I loved The King of Limbs, but the one thing I wish was that it was longer. XD So yeah, I definitely wouldn't put it past Radiohead to do something like that and release a second half later this year. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:20 am

Well, there wasn't a part two, but there were two more songs. You can listen to them:

here
and here
Cognitive Gear

Return to Jam Session