Christian Softer Metal Bands

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Christian Softer Metal Bands

Postby Wolf-man » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey I am trying to expand my music genre. I kind of like Metal music but I do not like Screamo. Are there any Christian metal bands (no not Stryper) that are not screamo? Kind of like how Demon Hunter is sometimes not doing screamo. Thanks!
Wolf-man

Postby ich1990 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Genres are a fickle thing. It is not often that two people mean the same thing by the same words. To avoid wasting anyone's time, including yours, how about including some examples for reference and/or more descriptions (what is screamo to you?). So far we have:

Not Stryper.
Sort of like Demon Hunter.

What else?
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Wolf-man » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Well I don't really listen to Metal so I am not sure what to compare it to. How about like (yes I know that his music is not overtly Christian) Alice Cooper. Demon Hunter songs like The Guantlet and My Heartstrings Come Undone. Basically anything that is hard like that but is not Screamo.
Wolf-man

Postby That Dude » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Stavesacre
Secret And Whisper
Blindside (newer)
Thrice (newer)
From Indian Lakes
Theocracy
Lucerin Blue
My Epic

There are a few to check out.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby armeck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:03 pm

i was gonna say theocracy but you beat me lol pillar's "for the love of the game" album is good, skillet isn't metal but they are pretty good. p.o.d has some good music. impellitteri (some albums sound more christian than others, i recomend screaming symphony or answer to the master) yeah. there is a few
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:58 pm

First, I'm going to second everything That Dude said (except for From Indian Lakes, because I've never listened to them) as well as everything armeck said. Those are all bands I would have mentioned myself. Now, onto my list.

Some of these bands scream in varying amounts in their songs, but I'll do my best to pick ones with very little to no screaming. Otherwise you'll just have to pick through their songs to find what works for you (as you have to with Demon Hunter). some of thi also might just dip into hard rock or some more energetic rock, which I'm hoping you'll enjoy to. Now, in alphabetical order:

afterEight (another one that might be a pain to find. Only song I really know is "Can I Get an Amen" so they might scream more than I think they do. I apologize if that's true)
The Ascendicate
Beauti
Before Their Eyes
Belson
Day of Fire
Dead Poetic (the Vices album)
Decyfer Down
Essence of Sorrow
High Flight Society
Kids in the Way
The Letter Black
Nema (their music might be hard to find, there's a few bands with this name, you're looking for the one with the album "You Could Be All Flame")
Oceana (basically every other track on the Birth Eater album)
One Minute Halo
Project 86
Sent By Ravens
The 7 Method
Seven System
Seventh Seal
Showbread (only some of their stuff, but I'm not familiar enough with it to tell you which albums)
Since October
This Fires Embrace
Thousand Foot Krutch
Undying Anthem (Good luck finding these guys, I think they broke up before they had an official release. I got lucky and had a friend who'd been downloading their songs as they released them)
We As Human

Lastly, Saosin and Chevelle, they aren't Christian, but I've never had a problem with the content of their music (well, a few songs with Chevelle) that I've heard. So you might find them worth checking out.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Scarecrow » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:44 am

Here my favorites... I'm extremely picky though but yeah this is the cream of the crop IMO. Some were mentioned already but here are some quicklinks.

Theocracy
Rob Rock
Impellitteri
Jacob's Dream
Darkwater
Harmony
Majestic Vanguard
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby armeck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1448960) wrote:

Impellitteri

+1 epic guitarist
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby SAVEDbyGRACE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:10 am

you might like the cd "temptation come my way" by the showdown, it's not "soft" but not screamo, like metallica sorta
[SIZE="1"]"But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."[/SIZE]
SAVEDbyGRACE

Return to Jam Session