Favorite Anime Insert Songs

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Favorite Anime Insert Songs

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:56 am

So what are people's favorite insert songs - or just songs in the soundtrack that play in the background? Just curious.
The only requirements are that they must appear in an episode of an anime, and that they must have words.

For example:

Wolf's Rain - "Tell Me What the Rain Knows"
I can't remember exactly what episode this appears in, but I remember being so captivated by Maaya Sakamoto's voice that I could hardly pay attention to what was happening.

Samurai Champloo - "Obokuri Eemui"
This plays during the part where [spoiler]Mugen almost dies[/spoiler]

FMA (first series) - "Bratya"
My personal favorite, which appears several times over the course of the series in moments of particular strength between the Elric brothers. I first noticed it in Lab 5, but it appears elsewhere as well.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:40 am

Motteke Sailor Fuku. Opening song for Lucky Star.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:50 am

"Heaven's Not Enough" (Wolf's Rain)
"Rain" (Cowboy Bebop)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPbBhvv6GI8]"Call Me Call Me" (Cowboy Bebop)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kaori » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:49 am

@the_wolfs_howl: Sakamoto Maaya is awesome. I also second “Bratya,â€
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby ABlipinTime » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Interesting choices.

I can't figure out the names of the background music in the stuff I like (Note to self: become a better googler)
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Mwa ha ha I am going off-topic! DEAL WITH IT.

When you say awesome insert songs, there is one and only one response.

SuperNova. This is the only insert song you need.

Of course, there are other insert songs that are great. For example.

Regret Nothing~Tighten Up~ is pretty sweet. TATOBA, TATOBA!

Ride On Right Time is awesome as well.

Treasure Sniper is another solid choice. KUUGA AGITO RYUKI FAIZ BLADE HIBIKI KABUTO DEN-O KIVA

Of course if you're into hip hop, Climax Jump Hip Hop Version is fantastic. KOTAE WA KIITENAI!

Or if you like more traditional Japanese music, you could always enjoy Double Action Axe Form. His strength has made me cry!

But if you want an insert song that will make you cry for real, Cyclone Joker Acoustic Version. Why would this song make you cry? That's a spoiler.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to Jam Session