Rate the song above you...

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Re: Rate the song above you...

Postby Sundown » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:06 pm

8/10 - Interesting song! Ominous and beautiful at the same time. I didn't expect the piano and electronics to mix so well.

Ghost Ship - Where Were You
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby LecktheTech » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Hmmm...
It's interesting....By quality...7.5/10?
Not that bad, but there's a few things that make me enjoy it less.
-First, the lyrics. Not that I have any real problem with them, just they are different, but still too easily understood(i.e. not something to ponder on)
-Second, some of the piano in the background felt a little..dissident...
-Third, It seems like that the music could have been mixed a little better, with maybe lowering the vocal volume, rasing the piano slightly, and maybe the bass a bit too.
-So, I guess...6.5/10 by my tastes..but that's just me...

Sis Puella Magica! - Ice
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:10 pm

9/10 - That was beautiful! I especially liked how it started like a music box, and then developed into a full orchestral theme.

"Color My Sky" by Edenbridge
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sundown » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:22 pm

7.5 - I don't have any strong opinions or thoughts about it right now. It's a nice song, the vocalist has a lovely voice!

Gregory and the Hawk - "Season Poem"
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby Zeke365 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:44 pm

pretty song not bad 7.0 for me

here you rate this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKwSS6AYNVY

(really can't stop listening to this one)
Zeke365

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Nice! The music isn't really my cup of tea, but I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought it would. I really loved how the verses of the song progressed to a really powerful bridge. 8/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME0-xB3E2NE
Zeldafan2

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:59 pm

5/10 - Nothing really stood out to me, and the singer sounded kind of bored?

"Scars in the Making" by Fuel
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Zeldafan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Pretty good! The lyrics were really compelling, and I loved the general sound. My only wish is that there was more variety in the instrumentals. 7.5/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VamaHv-xyo
Zeldafan2

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:58 pm

9/10 - Love that song!

"Into the Light" by Edenbridge

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Zeke365 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:35 pm

I give this song 8 out of 10

here one I think everyone will like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOzOD-82mW0
Zeke365

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:31 pm

6/10 - Funny, but not really my style.

"Devastated" by Space Cowboy
Warning: Swear in the chorus

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous

Return to Jam Session