Jimmy Eat World -- Invented

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Jimmy Eat World -- Invented

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:12 pm

So Jimmy Eat World has a new album coming out this September, and I am entirely excited about it! I've never heard an album by them that I didn't end up loving, and I'm really interested to see where this new album is going to go musically! Here's a minute-long clip of a string section from the song "Heart is Hard to Find":

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1842482

Sooooo excited. XD The album releases Sept. 28th! Discuss!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby That Dude » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:15 pm

dagkjadsklgjas ;lkjl;rajt ijlwt oesdjl g1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooh man...Probably the most exciting CD release for me of the year...And that's saying something with new Children 18:3, House Of Heroes, Norma Jean.

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm super excited!!!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Indeed! Here's a stream of their new single, "My Best Theory."

http://www.jimmyeatworld.com/mybesttheory/
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby armeck » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 am

i LOVE jimmy eat world!
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby That Dude » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:33 pm

I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:32 pm

I just pre-ordered the special combo deal that they have on their website. This has got me stoked.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:08 pm

http://hypem.com/track/1193979/Jimmy+Eat+World+-+Stop

You can listen to the new track, Stop, here. It's neato. I like it a lot.
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:32 pm

So I got the new album preorder package today, and I am sorry to say, I am not all that impressed! Maybe I need to listen to it a few more times to get the feel for it, but I found myself only really enjoying "My Best Theory" and "Stop," though "Littlething" and "Coffee and Cigarettes" aren't really all that bad. I dunno, it lacks that distinctively Jimmy Eat World feel that I'm so used to from all their other albums (all of which sound slightly different). I kind of feel like it's more of a collection of songs than a cohesive album, but I could just have a bad first impression, I dunno. XD I'll listen to it a few more times, but it definitely didn't grab me in the same way that Chase This Light did, and it certainly doesn't measure up to what Futures is (or any of their earlier work, imo).

Thoughts?

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Rad, it seems like its just you and me...

Anyway, so far I think the CD is really good, but it doesn't measure up to the last three, Chase This Light, Futures, Bleed American. I'd rate it about a tie with Clarity. Though I'm already noticing that it's growing on me, and it's only my second time listening through it.
That Dude

Postby ST. Attidude » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:38 pm

I've liked Jimmy Eat World for quite some time now, and I still listen to the Futures album to this day! I just might check out this new album soon.

EDIT: "23" is probably the best album closer I've ever heard.
ST. Attidude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:37 pm

ST. Attidude (post: 1427650) wrote:I've liked Jimmy Eat World for quite some time now, and I still listen to the Futures album to this day! I just might check out this new album soon.

EDIT: "23" is probably the best album closer I've ever heard.

Oh my goodness yes. XD Futures is my all-time favorite album by them (with Clarity following close behind), and "23" may be one of the best songs they've ever written, period. XD I love it so much. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1427666) wrote:Oh my goodness yes. XD Futures is my all-time favorite album by them (with Clarity following close behind), and "23" may be one of the best songs they've ever written, period. XD I love it so much. XD

23 is one of the best songs ever!
That Dude

Postby armeck » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:31 pm

i thought futures was okay and all, and i probably listen to bleed american the most, but chase this light is my favorite album of theirs
armeck

Postby That Dude » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:32 pm

I still haven't decided which of the three; Futures, Bleed American, or Chase This Light, is my favorite...It's so hard to choose!!!
That Dude

Postby armeck » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:01 pm

jimmy eat world is such a great band. and rumor has it the lead singer is a christian (he has stated that Jesus is one of his influences)
armeck

Return to Jam Session