Favorite 70s songs/artists?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Favorite 70s songs/artists?

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:16 pm

We've got a thread for the 80s, but what about the 70s? Lately I've really started to get into 70s music-- lot of diversity and great sounds there.

Bee Gees - Tragedy, Stayin' Alive, How Deep Is Your Love
Carpenters - Rainy Days and Mondays, Superstar, pretty much every song they ever recorded during the 70s
Boston - More Than a Feeling
Carole King - It's Too Late
Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Rock with You

Anyone else?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:51 pm

I like Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, Bee Gees, Carole King, and KC and the Sunshine Band. Whoops, just checked the copyrights on my Pink Floyd CD's. Guess I can include them too!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Styx. Though a lot of people might know that by now. XD
Ante Bellum

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:29 pm

ELOOOOO. <333 Seriously, they are so fantastic. I like Boston too, and obviously Michael Jackson. XD But since you already mentioned those, ELO FTW. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:37 pm

David Bowie. Songs of his that are possibly the most well known from this period:

The Man Who Sold the World

Rebel Rebel

Heroes
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Tancos » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:40 am

The early '70's were the golden age of progressive rock. There are way too many favorite songs from the decade to list. Some — just a few — of the artists active then that I still listen to include PFM, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Happy the Man, Camel, Van der Graaf Generator, Hatfield and the North, Le Orme and Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, not to mention ELP and Yes.
Tancos

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:07 am

I'm really interested in checking out Yes-- need to do that soon.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Cat Stevens was a large musical force in his day, so big it's hard to realize how he was overshadowed by his contemporaries in the minds of the generations that came after. Still, he had a unique voice, a unique song-writing style and lots of heart. Then he quit the music business, became a Muslim and changed his name to Yusuf Islam. I can't vouch for the music he made under that name.

Wild World

The First Cut is the Deepest

If you want to sing out, sing out

Can't Keep it In

The Wind

And then there's this song by singer/songwriter Donovan, which is just eerie and was used to great effect in the movie ZODIAC.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Nadia (post: 1414708) wrote:The Eagles - not all, but some. All I can think of right now.

The Eagles were great! I just don't like the fact that they're considered country now.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Jam Session