what's your favorite band?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Winry » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Breaking Benjamin and Shinedown are probably my top favorites.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby armeck » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:10 pm

i would like to get a couple of breaking benjamin albums XD
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby shade of dae » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Difficult question... I suppose it depends on what mood I'm in. Right now, it's As Cities Burn.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Anyone know The magnetic fields?
They are my favorite band right now.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:43 am

armeckthefirst (post: 1409857) wrote:i normally listen to it as an album as well. story of a lonely guy is a very good one i love the synthesizer , i think the best song that mark hopus (i think that's how you spell his last name) sang was adam's song. i LOVE that song. now i'm assuming you know blink 182 got back together. i can't wait for the new album to come out! XD

Yeah, "Adam's Song" would probably be my second-favorite ^_^ I'm not too big on the main singer except for a couple songs, so I don't listen to most Blink 182 songs. My brother will probably come rushing to me with some after a while, though :P

And I'm telling anyone who will sit still long enough that my new favorite heavy metal band is THEOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: Dude, I just got my hands on their Mirror of Souls album, and I'm all over it. Not only do they have a really sweet sound that just makes you want to headbang like crazy, they're also Christian and just have really good lyrics. Dragonforce is all well and good, but their lyrics just make me go :dizzy: Theocracy, on the other hand...they make you wake up and look at how amazing God is. I love it. Favorite songs are definitely "On Eagle's Wings" and "Mirror of Souls."
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Hohenheim » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:11 pm

I actually have multiple favorites, so I can't list just one. They are:

U2
The Beatles
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Death Cab for Cutie
The Wallflowers
Bob Dylan
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby armeck » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:00 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1411760) wrote:Yeah, "Adam's Song" would probably be my second-favorite ^_^ I'm not too big on the main singer except for a couple songs, so I don't listen to most Blink 182 songs. My brother will probably come rushing to me with some after a while, though :P

And I'm telling anyone who will sit still long enough that my new favorite heavy metal band is THEOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: Dude, I just got my hands on their Mirror of Souls album, and I'm all over it. Not only do they have a really sweet sound that just makes you want to headbang like crazy, they're also Christian and just have really good lyrics. Dragonforce is all well and good, but their lyrics just make me go :dizzy: Theocracy, on the other hand...they make you wake up and look at how amazing God is. I love it. Favorite songs are definitely "On Eagle's Wings" and "Mirror of Souls."

SWEETNESS what album would you recommend? or do they only have one?
armeck

Postby armeck » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Hohenheim (post: 1411864) wrote:I actually have multiple favorites, so I can't list just one. They are:

U2
The Beatles
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Death Cab for Cutie
The Wallflowers
Bob Dylan

i want some u2 music. what album would you recommend?
armeck

Postby Hohenheim » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:07 pm

armeckthefirst (post: 1411991) wrote:i want some u2 music. what album would you recommend?

U2 has had many good albums, but I would say the best ones would happen to be their most popular ones:

The Joshua Tree

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

If you can only get one, go with "The Joshua Tree"; the songs on this album are just amazing, from 'Where the Streets Have no Name' to 'In God's Country'.
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby armeck » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:16 pm

thanks man!
armeck

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:48 am

armeckthefirst (post: 1411990) wrote:SWEETNESS what album would you recommend? or do they only have one?

They have two... Mirror of Souls and Theocracy. Mirror of Souls is better but they're both good. The self titled album is harder to find although I think the band sells them their self as a merchant through amazon now.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby armeck » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:48 am

sweetness. thanks
armeck

Postby Sapphy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:20 am

Relient K is my favorite, but I also love Anberlin, Skillet, Hawk Nelson, and Philmont.
Actually I love music in general, so I listen to a ton of stuff.
Sapphy

Postby armeck » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 am

hey man thanks for reviving my thread XD relient k has been my favorite since i was about 9 XD i just got into anberlin they're really cool, and of course hawk nelson is cool. i don't know philmont though what kind of music are they?
armeck

Postby MrKrillz0r » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Top 3 metal bands right now. :D
-------------------
As I lay dying *
Haste The Day *
Sea of Treachery *
-------------------
MrKrillz0r

Postby Sapphy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:38 pm

armeckthefirst (post: 1419592) wrote:hey man thanks for reviving my thread XD relient k has been my favorite since i was about 9 XD i just got into anberlin they're really cool, and of course hawk nelson is cool. i don't know philmont though what kind of music are they?

I just got into Anberlin myself. Bought three of their CDs the other day.
Both Anberlin and Philmont I heard of from members on CM... although it took me longer to get into Anberlin than Philmont.
Philmont sort of sounds like the other bands I mentioned, I guess (other than Skillet). They're a Christian band and have one CD out so far. Here's a link to their YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/philmont
Sapphy

Postby armeck » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:13 am

hey thanks, hey do you like techno? my friend told me about a christian techno band and oh man i am digin' in big time! it's called "and then there were none" here is a really good song from them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eptsEko4OzM
armeck

Postby That Dude » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Some of my all time favorites....

MxPx
Project 86
The Dear Hunter
Jimmy Eat World
Norma Jean
August Burns Red
As Cities Burn
Blindside
BraveSaintSaturn
Five Iron Frenzy
Emery
Copeland
Future Of Forestry
Shai Linne
Sup The Chemist
House Of Heroes
Showbread
Stavesacre
---------------------

Those are some of my favorites. I'll post my most current ones that I'm really digging a little later.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Sapphy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:30 pm

armeckthefirst (post: 1420066) wrote:hey thanks, hey do you like techno? my friend told me about a christian techno band and oh man i am digin' in big time! it's called "and then there were none" here is a really good song from them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eptsEko4OzM

I think I've heard of them, but never listened to it. I may have to check that video out.
Sapphy

Postby armeck » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:19 pm

they started out as a metal core band, but then due to line up changes the became a techno band, they are currently signed onto tooth and nail records (i really like tooth and nail)
armeck

Postby armeck » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 pm

That Dude (post: 1420150) wrote:Some of my all time favorites....

MxPx
Project 86
The Dear Hunter
Jimmy Eat World
Norma Jean
August Burns Red
As Cities Burn
Blindside
BraveSaintSaturn
Five Iron Frenzy
Emery
Copeland
Future Of Forestry
Shai Linne
Sup The Chemist
House Of Heroes
Showbread
Stavesacre
---------------------

Those are some of my favorites. I'll post my most current ones that I'm really digging a little later.

jimmy eat world is cool. five iron frenzy? wow lol that's a name i don't hear often XD they're so cool to bad they broke up... :(
armeck

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Let's see...Styx, how many times have I mentioned them already. XD
Flogging Molly is good as well. I got the names of bands that are of the same genre but haven't taken the time to listen.
Bon Jovi, the older songs.
Johnny Cash. And although I do listen to other country songs, I don't really listen to any particular band.
I used to listen to Within Temptation and Nightwish, but not so much now. I still think they have some good songs but I just don't like them as much.
Ante Bellum

Postby Sapphy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:01 am

armeckthefirst (post: 1420189) wrote:they started out as a metal core band, but then due to line up changes the became a techno band, they are currently signed onto tooth and nail records (i really like tooth and nail)

I'm thinking when I heard of them it was referring to when they played metal then... I know more people that listen to metal than techno.
Sapphy

Postby That Dude » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:31 am

Sapphy (post: 1420247) wrote:I'm thinking when I heard of them it was referring to when they played metal then... I know more people that listen to metal than techno.

And Then There Were None is a fun band. I think that they are working on a new CD, and they've had even more line up changes.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:44 am

Ante Bellum (post: 1420194) wrote:Flogging Molly is good as well. I got the names of bands that are of the same genre but haven't taken the time to listen.

Dropkick Murphy's on that list? If not, they should be. I actually found out about Flogging Molly listening to Dropkick Murphies on youtube every now and then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1Zp_gtUEo

Love Dropkick Murphy's!!
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby armeck » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:06 pm

That Dude (post: 1420270) wrote:And Then There Were None is a fun band. I think that they are working on a new CD, and they've had even more line up changes.

that's cool! i hear the plan on staying in the dance genre though witch is very important to me XD

@saphy yes in america metal is much bigger than techno, in europe there are more techno fans but also a lot of metal fans idk the ratio, in asia though.. lol techno is [SIZE="7"]HUGE!!!![/SIZE] while in asia/while using asian things is how i fell in love with it
armeck

Previous

Return to Jam Session