[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Underoath... - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Underoath...

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Underoath...

Postby JerRocks2day » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:47 am

Did anybody hear the news that Aaron Gillespie is leaving Underoath after the end of the European tour?

I'm really gonna miss him. Without him, Underoath is dead. :(
JerRocks2day

Postby MrKrillz0r » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 am

:o Disaster News!
MrKrillz0r

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah, I'm disappointed, too. The best part about UnderOath that I loved was Aaron's voice blended with Spencer's epic screams. It was melody and chaos, which is what made UnderOath's music a masterpiece (especially Define The Great Line). And without Aaron, UnderOath is a totally new band, since Aaron was the last original member.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby That Dude » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:54 pm

That is kinda sad that he'll be leaving, makes me wander what they are going to sound like now...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Sun May 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Spencer really showed he can pull of clean vocals well with the new album. I'm not too worried.

If the rumors are true and Aaron left to pursue The Almost fully, he made one of the dumbest decisions in music history.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Mon May 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Tommy (post: 1391819) wrote:Spencer really showed he can pull of clean vocals well with the new album. I'm not too worried.

If the rumors are true and Aaron left to pursue The Almost fully, he made one of the dumbest decisions in music history.

Yeah the rumors are true, he left UnderOath to pursue "other musical endevours." So that pretty much means The Almost.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mega.EXE » Thu May 13, 2010 6:12 am

Underoath might not do so well without Aaron, now they're just going to be exactly like their sound alikes The Devil Wears Prada and Gwen Stacy. Not to mention the fact that the newest album was horrible save a few songs.
I beleive that The Almost is a fantastic band that's going to go far.
Mega.EXE

Postby That Dude » Thu May 13, 2010 12:17 pm

See Mega, this is where we differ, I found their last effort to be amazing. And Spencer did most of the vocals, with Aaron only doing a little bit of them. Anyway, I think that Underoath can still do well without him. But we'll see.
That Dude

Postby Mega.EXE » Fri May 14, 2010 11:53 pm

There were moments on the album that were amazing (i.e. Breathing In a New Mentality, Desperate Times Desperate Measures, and Too Bright To See Too Loud To Hear) BUt the album as a whole did not live up to the expectations set by Define The Great Line. Which was the best album post-Dallas. (The best Underoath was definitely Cries of The Past.)
Mega.EXE

Postby Tommy » Wed May 19, 2010 8:42 am

Mega.EXE (post: 1393983) wrote:Underoath might not do so well without Aaron, now they're just going to be exactly like their sound alikes The Devil Wears Prada and Gwen Stacy. Not to mention the fact that the newest album was horrible save a few songs.
I beleive that The Almost is a fantastic band that's going to go far.

The newest album owned Define the Great Line.
They tried a more experimental sound and knew they were going to lose their scene following.

And the last album sounded NOTHING like Gwen Stacy or Devil Wears Prada and all their losing is a drummer. He's a good drummer but I doubt his departure will affect the guitarwork.

And to be honest, Aaron's cleans have a tendency to irritate me, so I'm not that concerned.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed May 19, 2010 9:54 am

Well, we'll see how they sound. Aaron's voice was my favorite part about UnderOath, but Spencer actually has a nice singing voice, so if he sings a little more, that might help.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:44 am

What's everyone's opinions on the new drummer that's coming? I forgot his name, but he's formally of Norma Jean; I believe he was the one that would have recorded on the Bless the Martyr album
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Tommy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Extremely good call.
Daniel Davison is an excellent drummer.
They'll be fine.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby JerRocks2day » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:45 pm

DD's joining? That's great. I saw him twice w/ NJ before he left.
JerRocks2day

Postby That Dude » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:31 pm

That's really cool that he's joining.
That Dude

Return to Jam Session