[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Need Some Help Finding Some Websites On How to Play Guitar. - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Need Some Help Finding Some Websites On How to Play Guitar.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Need Some Help Finding Some Websites On How to Play Guitar.

Postby WhiteMage212 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi, I just got a guitar, and now I need to learn how to play it. So, if anyone could maybe post a link to some kind of site that could teach me how to play the guitar. Just in case if anyone asks, I don't know much about the guitar. I can play clarinet, saxiphone and just started the trumpet, but I don't have clue on how to play the guitar. In advance, thxs.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:23 pm

I've seen some good tutorials on YouTube, but really, nothing beats taking lessons with an instructor. I'm sure if you look up "basic" or "beginner guitar lessons" you'll find a lot.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/JustinSandercoe

This is my favorite for guitar lessons on YouTube. Justin is a professional guitarist and has lessons from the most basic (identifying the parts of the guitar) to advanced lead playing. Rushia is right, however: nothing quite beats an instructor in person (I should know - I'm taking guitar lessons this summer). However, if you go through some of Justin's introductory lessons and learn them well, you can save a fair amount of money going through the same very basic things with an instructor.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby WhiteMage212 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:44 am

Okay, thanks. The only reason I'm not taking any classes or instructors is because my parents would be the ones paying for it and not me (i'm not sixteen yet, nor do i have a job), so i'm going to try and self teach myself. I do have a few freinds who know how to play the guitar so i will ask them eventully. anyway, if you guys know any more sites, please post. thxs!
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:47 am

If possible, look for videos where the instructors also know some music theory. My guitar teacher, who I saw for four years (and I'm seeing him again tonight for a singing lesson), knows theory and having that has really helped me to understand the structure of chords and chord progressions. I think knowing some theory makes it easier to pick out chords in a song, which makes it easier to learn them (although, your ear for that stuff improves anyway with practice).

I'm sure that any professional guitarist with videos online will know theory and go over it, so you shouldn't have too many problems.

When you're ready to start learning songs, I suggest looking up chords instead of tabs overall. That way, you get used to connecting the chord name with how it sounds. Plus, I've found that tabs can be very wrong more so than chords, not that that happens all the time. There are some songs or parts where you'll need to look up tabs if you can't figure them out yourself. Looking up tabs and chords and things like that eventually gets you used to hearing those same chords and sounds in songs so you'll recognize them in the future.

One thing to remember when you're just starting out is not to get discouraged and quit. As I was fishing around for chords last night, there was a video playing on the website that talked about the discouragement and frustration that comes with guitar playing. The guy said that if you're learning something that's a little bit difficult for you and it's frustrating you so much that you can't get it, to go back to playing something easy that you already know.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby WhiteMage212 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm

thxs guys. I actually am barrowing a book from a friend which so far is working out. once I get to a intermediate level, then i might try finding a instructor.
Know God, No fear.
WhiteMage212

Return to Jam Session