Concerts You Have Seen, are Going to, and Want to See?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Kkun (post: 1346574) wrote:Yup, that was the whole list. It was a REALLY good show. The last couple of times I've seen them, their energy was kind of diminished and they weren't completely into their performance. Last night, though, they brought their A-game. It was the same kind of destructive performance of their early days combined with the flair for the theatrical they've developed since releasing Anorexia/Nervosa. Amazing show.

XD That's excellent to know. I could tell they were really into the performance last night. Even the jokes. Which made me LOL. XD But yeah, I loved how they incorporated all those scenes from movies and stuff into the show itself, though The Journey (N) totally took the cake as far as video was concerned (though I also enjoyed the well-timed dancers in the video during "Precursor"). XD The text graphics mixed with the animation was absolutely fantastic!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kkun » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:51 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1346576) wrote:XD That's excellent to know. I could tell they were really into the performance last night. Even the jokes. Which made me LOL. XD But yeah, I loved how they incorporated all those scenes from movies and stuff into the show itself, though The Journey (N) totally took the cake as far as video was concerned (though I also enjoyed the well-timed dancers in the video during "Precursor"). XD The text graphics mixed with the animation was absolutely fantastic!

You can watch the Journey video online...it was made by a dude named elektrikfrenzy for his college class and he let the band use it during their performance.

And...here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kduqwHU5lqY
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby AlyssHeart » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Seen:
Audio A
Newsboys
Superchick
Barlow Girl
Delirious?
Kids in the Way
Kutless
A Plea for Purging(3)
Sleeping Giant(2)
Oh, Sleeper
Project 86
White Collar Sideshow(2)
A Graceful
For Today
Corpus Christi(2)
Family Force 5
Grits(2)
KJ-52(2)
Skillet(2)
Disciple(2)
The Remus Lupin's
This is all I can think of...
Will See:
Nothing in the near future sadly
Want to see:
Demon Hunter!!!!!! :(
mewithoutYou
Relient K
Owl City
Underoath
He Is Legend
Paramore
Devil Wears Prada
Emery
Dead Poetic
Chasing Victory(not gonna happen:/)
"Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is."-C.S.Lewis. =)
AlyssHeart

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:38 am

Update !
Going to see AFI on the 17th
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby guitargeekette » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Going to see Tye Tribbet on Nov 7th! Can't wait!!! Saw TobyMac here couple yrs ago and Israel haughton and New Breed.
Perfecting the art of being me...:jump:

http://guitargeekette.deviantart.com/
Check out my artwork if you like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
guitargeekette

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:50 am

Didn't get to AFI oh well

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Just got back from seeing Thrice and Brand New. AMAZING show. I'll likely edit this post tomorrow with the set lists, which were brilliant. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ich1990 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:04 am

Kkun (post: 1346633) wrote:You can watch the Journey video online...it was made by a dude named elektrikfrenzy for his college class and he let the band use it during their performance.

And...here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kduqwHU5lqY

Your link didn't work for me, so here is the one I used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Zjd6eaack

That video seriously rocks. That was way better than most music videos, professional or otherwise.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Alright, here's what I think is an accurate set list from the Brand New/Thrice show last night, not in order unless otherwise stated:

Thrice:

Of Dust and Nations (opened)
A Song for Milly Michaelson
Silhouette
The Arsonist
All the World is Mad
The Weight
Doublespeak
Helter Skelter
In Exile
Beggars

Brand New:

Welcome to Bangkok (opened)
Sink
You Won't Know
At the Bottom
Gasoline
You Stole
Sowing Season
Bought a Bride
Vices
Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades
The Quiet Things that No One Ever Knows
Limousine
Degausser
Jesus Christ
The Shower Scene
The Archer's Bows Have Broken
Play Crack the Sky (closed)

There may have been more; I'm prone to forget stuff like this all the time. XD It was an AMAZING show, though; Brand New played just about everything they could have except Seventy Times Seven. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:02 pm

On November 22nd I'll get to see Underoath, August Burns Red, and Emery, all for the first time. I can't wait, these are 3 of my absolute favorite bands!
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:15 am

Saw black dahlia murder and it was epic!

GrubbTheFragger

Postby That Dude » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 pm

I just saw Polar Bear Club, The Dear Hunter, and Thrice last night. It was pretty stinking radtastic!

And I just realized that there were quite a few bands on my list of concerts that I've been to that I forgot to post on the first page...

Five Iron Frenzy
P.O.D.
Carmen
Steve Camp
Steve Green (Famous christian singer and a friend of my dad)
Philmore
Newsboys
Brian Duncan
Atreyu
The Matchbook Romance
Simple Plan
The Cast And Crew
MVP
Spanish Kid
Rebecca St James
Me In Motion
The Only One That Could Make It (now The Wake Up)
Tyler Read

I know there are a few more, but those are some of the ones I previously missed.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Just bought tickets for Copeland's farewell tour in March. Joining them will be Person L and I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business (OMGSOJGOIJGALIGHJADLGHFAKGHJKAGHSKDG).

I am so stoked. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:05 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1361655) wrote:Just bought tickets for Copeland's farewell tour in March. Joining them will be Person L and I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business (OMGSOJGOIJGALIGHJADLGHFAKGHJKAGHSKDG).

I am so stoked. XD

Wait, is this a farewell tour as in they are breaking up?!? Or is it just the name of their tour? I sincerly hope they aren't breaking up.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:08 am

That Dude (post: 1361688) wrote:Wait, is this a farewell tour as in they are breaking up?!? Or is it just the name of their tour? I sincerly hope they aren't breaking up.

No, they broke up earlier this fall. Frankly, I was pretty heartbroken over it, but now I'm stoked that I'll get to see them live for the first time on their last tour.

That said, I'm sure this won't mean Aaron Marsh will stop making music. I'm assuming/hopinghopinghoping it'll be something like The Early November's breakup--the band split, but Ace Enders went on to do solo work, etc. (AND WILL BE AT THIS CONCERT ASDKGJKDLSJG). XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:40 am

Well I sure hope he continues to make music. But man, what a bummer to hear that they broke up.
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Off to the Copeland/I Can Make A Mess/Person L show tonight!! So stoked!

ASDFFFFF Just got back. AMAZING show. I really doubt I can pull the set list from memory, so I'll come back later with more to it:

Copeland:

Take Care (opened)
Careful Now
I'm a Sucker for a Kind Word
The Grey Man
Chin Up
On the Safest Ledge
The Day I Lost My Voice (The Suitcase Song)
Coffee
When Paula Sparks
No One Really Wins
Pin Your Wings
California(closed)

Encore
Brightest
You Have My Attention

I know I'm missing two, because they played 16 songs and there are 14 here. XD Full set lists, as well as a picture of Aaron Marsh and myself, who I got to meet (!!!) will come tomorrow, or when my brother sends them to me, or when I have time. XD Also there is a lot of video that will likely go up in the next week or so! XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 pm

I plan on seeing Bela Fleck at the FREE (that's right) FREE performance he's giving in Nashville for Earth Day. I'm pretty excited about that one!
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:19 pm

I only recently discovered Copeland and then I hear they're doing their final shows...it stinks. Didn't get to see them either.

I went to a couple shows recently, I saw The Letter Black with KJ-52. TLB did a great job, they were harder live than I expected them to be, and the vocalist did a little screaming that I don't believe she does on their recordings. KJ-52 was entertaining, but not as good as the first time I saw him; I'm not a huge fan of him to begin with, either.

Last night I saw The Separate and Embracing Goodbye, both put on good shows. I really enjoyed just listening to Paul (I believe that's EG's vocalist's name) talk before the show and right before one of the songs; it's always great to see a Christian band taking time to talk about Jesus in their shows, even in a church setting where most people would already know that they're Christians.

I wanted to go see High Flight Society at that same church tonight, but I wasn't able to get a ride back out there.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby That Dude » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:56 am

I just emceed a concert/variety show yesterday, featuring music from Benny and Brian. I must say, it is a lot more draining helping coordinate these things than one would think.
That Dude

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:03 pm

I saw God Forbid and Gwen Stacy last night and it was amazzzing

Before that was Bury Your Dead, Through the eyes of the dead

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:32 pm

June 5th: Anberlin.

June 24th: mewithoutYou.

FJKDGSJLKFHJGSLK:ASFHJGSDHK:LHJDGVSBFDzlfkfsjh This summer is going to be SO FREAKING AWESOME.

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1390848) wrote:June 5th: Anberlin.

June 24th: mewithoutYou.

FJKDGSJLKFHJGSLK:ASFHJGSDHK:LHJDGVSBFDzlfkfsjh This summer is going to be SO FREAKING AWESOME.

I thought mewithoutYou wasn't touring?
That Dude

Postby Atria35 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Ones I saw: The local bands playing at local gigs. The best? MORAHO FUNK! *fangirls* Most awesome local band ever.
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:56 pm

That Dude (post: 1390917) wrote:I thought mewithoutYou wasn't touring?

They're going on a full US tour this summer! You can find dates for the first leg of their tour here:

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1668342

Radical Dreamer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Just got back from the mewithoutYou show. Oh my GOSH best show ever. XD They opened with Disaster Tourism, played Torches Together, C-Minor, Messes of Men, and a host of other awesome songs. XD I may post a full setlist later.

Also? They closed the encore with Bullet to Binary. It was SO EPIC. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kaori » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Just went to the all-day Unrest in the Midwest festival put on by Bombworks. Advertised as 12 bands, 12 hours, but it ended up being 13 bands and 12.5 or 13 hours. Lineup:

And the Greatest of These
Skies
Leper
Copernicus
FBS
Boarders
A Hero Remains
Divulgence
A Hill to Die Upon
Kidnap the Sun
Rex Caroll Band
Crush the Enemy
Grave Robber
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Just got back from seeing Mae on their Goodbye, Goodnight tour. What an incredible show.

Setlist:

Opened: Bloom ((e)vening)
Anything (The Everglow)
The Everglow (clearly)
Suspension (The Everglow)
I Just Needed You to Know ((e)vening)
Embers and Envelopes (Destination: Beautiful)
The Ocean (The Everglow)
Ready and Waiting to Fall (The Everglow)
Summertime (Destination: Beautiful)
Giving it Away (Destination: Beautiful)
The Fisherman's Song ((m)orning)
Mistakes We Knew We Were Making (The Everglow)
Sleep Well ((e)vening)
Closed: Goodbye, Goodnight (Destination: Beautiful)

Encore:
We're So Far Away (The Everglow)
Someone Else's Arms (The Everglow)

Also, I got to meet 4/5 members of the band, and I got a picture with the lead singer, Dave Elkins! So awesome!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Syreth » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 am

Recently got to see my sister-in-law (who is a highschool choir director) direct a few of her students who got the chance to perform "I Want To Know What Love Is" with Foreigner.
Syreth

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 am

Kaori (post: 1404835) wrote:A Hill to Die Upon
r

Nice!

Saw black dahlia Murder for the Second time last night. Pretty awesome show

GrubbTheFragger

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session