[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
question about guitar - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

question about guitar

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

question about guitar

Postby firestorm » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:06 pm

hey I just got a guitar yesterday and I was wondering if any of you guy who play guitar can tell me how to play?
it's an acoustic/electric guitar.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Michael » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:38 pm

Learn how to tune it. Then learn how to tune it in a car, on a battlefield, and underwater. Tune it until you can tune it in your sleep. Then learn chords.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Spencer » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:46 pm

First thing I learned was I Love Rock and Roll (picking) then Sweet Home Alabama (also picking) Then I started to learn chords and memorize major chords and minor chords and stuff.

EDIT: Also, learn to read tab.
:)
Spencer

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:35 pm

I learned by hanging out with a friend who played guitar. I still can't tune my guitar - unless I use a lot of effort - and I've been playing and writing music for over 30 years. I'm tuning deficient (wow, spelling too).

First thing, get yourself a chord chart and just copy what you see. Start out with the easy chords like, G, C and D. D is the ultimate easiest chord to play. Then work on Am and E, they're pretty easy too. After you do that you can definitely play "Lonely People" and many of the Eagles earlier songs, which are very simple. You can find one of their songbooks for probably pretty cheap.

The main things is in the first year of playing guitar the tips of your fingers will be sore. Don't worry, eventually you'll get these callouses that you can show off to your friends and they'll go, "Ooo did that hurt?" They're your guitar war scars. The girls will get all woozy... and okay. I'll tell you more about the guitar if you want later. For now, signing off.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby firestorm » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:05 pm

true_noir_chloe wrote:I learned by hanging out with a friend who played guitar. I still can't tune my guitar - unless I use a lot of effort - and I've been playing and writing music for over 30 years. I'm tuning deficient (wow, spelling too).

First thing, get yourself a chord chart and just copy what you see. Start out with the easy chords like, G, C and D. D is the ultimate easiest chord to play. Then work on Am and E, they're pretty easy too. After you do that you can definitely play "Lonely People" and many of the Eagles earlier songs, which are very simple. You can find one of their songbooks for probably pretty cheap.

The main things is in the first year of playing guitar the tips of your fingers will be sore. Don't worry, eventually you'll get these callouses that you can show off to your friends and they'll go, "Ooo did that hurt?" They're your guitar war scars. The girls will get all woozy... and okay. I'll tell you more about the guitar if you want later. For now, signing off.

thanx you guys, hey anyone know by any chance of some good sites where I could learn all this stuff? cause frankly, I don't even know what the chords are.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby andyroo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:03 am

D is the ultimate easiest chord to play.

No, E7 is by far the easiest chord one can ever play. Strings 6 through 3 are all strummed open. :P

Here's one I found that has more chords than anyone would know what to do with:Ultimate Guitar Chord Chart. Luckily, I have a chord chart on a small sheet of paper that came from some pocket Praise and Worship song book (spiral back). It has a few hundred chords.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby firestorm » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:40 am

andyroo wrote:No, E7 is by far the easiest chord one can ever play. Strings 6 through 3 are all strummed open. :P

Here's one I found that has more chords than anyone would know what to do with:Ultimate Guitar Chord Chart. Luckily, I have a chord chart on a small sheet of paper that came from some pocket Praise and Worship song book (spiral back). It has a few hundred chords.

thanx, how do you read a chord chart though?

Postby andyroo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:59 am

Alright. In the chart I showed you. The 'x' means don't pick that string. Chord charts won't usually have that. The circle that looks like a degree indicates an open string; you don't put you finger on the string with the symbol above it.

The numbers indicate finger positions. I believe it goes along the lines: 1-index finger; 2-middle finger; 3-ring finger; 4-pinky finger. I may be wrong about that. I have a sheet that gives a numbering for the fingers, but I haven't been able to find it for years. The highest space, in between the first two horizontal lines, is the first fret. Go on from there to you second, third and so on. The highest shown on these charts is usually the 5th fret (no capo). The dots indicate the position of one of your fingers.

Please ignore the chords labeled with 'aug.', 'dim.', 'us.', and 'add'. The only ones you will need for now are those that have only the letter and nothing else (if you want you can also learn the '7th' chords too) then you can learn the minor chords labeled min. Now if the chord chart has an 'm.', then treat that as a normal chords such as an 'A' chord. It could also be written as 'Am' for 'A'major' chord. I have pretty much covered the chart details that I linked to.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
andyroo

Postby firestorm » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:10 am

[quote="andyroo"]Alright. In the chart I showed you. The 'x' means don't pick that string. Chord charts won't usually have that. The circle that looks like a degree indicates an open string]

What represents the strings though?
is it the up and down lines?

Postby andyroo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:15 am

Yes. The vertical lines are the strings.
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

andyroo

Postby firestorm » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:17 am

andyroo wrote:Yes. The vertical lines are the strings.

you know I think we should be doing this on aim don't you? and what are the horizontal lines then?

Postby andyroo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:19 am

Yeah. Probably so since I'm the only one answering your questions right now. I just logged on.
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

andyroo

Postby true_noir_chloe » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:45 am

The horizontal lines are the frets. I'll try to pay attention to this thread and try to help you out. I pm'd with some stuff. E7 is easiest, I just learned the basic D and G combo when I first started playing and it broke in my fingers really well. I then went to the A and A7sus. Those are easy too. If you think about it, anything under three fingers is easy. *heh*

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Return to Jam Session