Whistling!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Whistling!

Postby Rashiir » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:57 pm

I love to whistle, what about you guys? I do it all the time. It's really fun. My favorite song to whistle currently is Sandstorm, but I like pretty much all of the Chrono Trigger songs too. They're really good whistling songs. How rad is whistling and what songs do you guys like to whistle?
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:01 pm

I'm a whistler. I don't whistle a lot, but I do it some and enjoy it. Not sure what else to say (though I do whistle Chrono Trigger songs).
uc pseudonym

Postby MillyFan » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:02 pm

I can whistle. . .sometimes I find myself whistling music from Cowboy Bebop or from one of the Final Fantasy games. :)

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:05 pm

Has anyone ever listened to Roger Whittaker? He likes to whistle a lot, and he's really good at it. At one of his concerts (probably at least 20 years ago) he said something like this to his audience:

A fellow once told me that if you don't know how to speak a language, you can always whistle it. So now I'm going to whistle for you in French.

I take it some of you like to whistle in Japanese? ^_~
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:19 am

how do you whistle in another language?
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby shooraijin » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:43 am

I know Roger Whittaker! ... For you are ... beautiful/And I have loved you dearly/More dearly than the spoken word can tell.

I whistle pretty much anything. My mom and I can whistle; Dad can't.

My buddy of the same name (uh, real name, not avatar ;) ) can even whistle using his rolled tongue, which is impressive in a dysfunctional kind of way. :sweat:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:37 pm

I whistle some, mostly like the Mario theme, Final Fantasy, and of course Chrono Trigger. I never really whistle when people are around, probally would drive 'em crazy. hehe
Link Antilles

Postby Straylight » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:17 pm

I can't whistle, and when other people whistle around me it kinda brings instinctive irritation.. I have no idea why.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby cbwing0 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:22 pm

I can't whistle, and when I try, it just sounds pathetic. Not that I feel the urge to whistle often... :P
cbwing0

Postby Bunny » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:30 pm

I can't whistle very well at all. I wish I could, though. I'd have some fun with that. I don't really know anyone who whistles a lot, though. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard any of my friends whistle. Hmm...
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:10 pm

The theme to 'Wild Arms', dang, you can wistle that thang all day long.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Kisa » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:22 pm

Whistling and humming rock! I do them both alot! ^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Quiet Hood » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:59 am

I whistle, mostly like twinkle little star... sometimes. When I like someone, I'll give 'em my flirty whistle. Something like that. I am hearing impaired and I'm lucky that I can whistle. :)
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." -James 1:19
Translation: Listen much; speak little; stay cool. :thumb:

Romans 6: 7-12
Psalm 144: 1-2
Quiet Hood

Postby Keito-chan » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:43 am

I love to whistle! I use to whistle when everyone would click there fingers because i could never do that. I can click now with my right hand...but not my left o.O'' I normaly whistle chrono cross or wild arms ...
Keito-chan

Return to Jam Session