[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
The new Skillet Album - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

The new Skillet Album

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

The new Skillet Album

Postby Niko » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:43 am

If you are a fan of Skillet and like hard rock/metal, this is the album to get. Their new album is called Collide and it is a masterpiece. Even with them being my favorite band, I approached this album with a highly critical attitude and TRIED to find things wrong with this album. This is not the Skillet you once knew. They are only reminiscent of the old Skillet. This album goes beyond the industrial/techno sound of 'Alien Youth' to a nu metal sound with whisperings of techno (not that much) and a touch of grunge. There are also little to no keyboards and the album is basically guitar driven. My first problem was that this album is not jam packed with the message of Christ, but John Cooper, in a letter to his fans, said that the previous albums were aimed toward the church but this one is aimed more toward the world and the problems we deal with. 'Imperfections' is a perfect example of what he was talking about.
The song deals with not being happy with who you are.'A little More' is supposed to be love song but I think it's more about love itself (agape and phileos.) 'Savior' is the single they realeased, I think, about a month ago and this is the key song on the album for the unsaved. This song has the most message in it than any other song(the other ones discuss good topics, though). This album was produced by Paul Ebersold who also produced for 3 doors down. If you get a chance to buy this album, do it. You won't regret it.
Niko

Postby That Dude » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:07 am

I didn't regret buying it. It is totally awesome!!! Yeah I'd say that it's one of the best albums this year...If not the best.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Angelchick » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:49 pm

i got it and i really like it they did a really great job on it i just wish they put the song Smile Again on it cause i liked that song a lot oh well i like all the songs
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Mr. Rogers » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:31 pm

i saw skillet play like a week ago. they were really good. they played some songs from this album and they were really great. ill get this album once i pay off all my bills and stuff :(
Mr. Rogers

Postby Niko » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:08 am

sldr4Christ1985 wrote:i saw skillet play like a week ago. they were really good. they played some songs from this album and they were really great. ill get this album once i pay off all my bills and stuff :(

You lucky lucky person. The last time I saw them play was at IOSF in 2002. That was when they were promoting Alien youth. I had to wait until the last day of the festival but it was worth it. I thought (and most people with me) that it was the best concert at the festival. Ive got all six of their album but I need to get new ones because almost all of them skip from overuse in my car :bang:
Niko

Postby glitch1501 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:25 am

i saw skillet play in september in orlando (RtU) it was awesome, they played savior!!!!!!!
the new cd ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love savior and collide, those are my two favorite, the rest are REALLLY good too!

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Niko » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:28 am

glitch1501 wrote:i saw skillet play in september in orlando (RtU) it was awesome, they played savior!!!!!!!
the new cd ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love savior and collide, those are my two favorite, the rest are REALLLY good too!

I really couldn't pick out a favorite cause I like them but if it came down to it i'd have to say Cycle down ,savior, energy and a little more :grin:
Niko

Postby Tet-chan » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:40 am

I think i will buy the album since many people says its good
Tet-chan

Postby Niko » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:39 am

you won't regret it
Niko

Return to Jam Session