attn: guitarists

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

attn: guitarists

Postby Niko » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:59 pm

To all guitarist and even bassists. I'd like know what your dream guitar would be. In the near future I'm starting a guitar company and I need some ideas and referrences and stuff. here's mine (which will be the first one I put together.) I actually am not going to make them from scratch but order the the parts a like the body and stuff all carved out and ready the be fine sanded and painted. It may not interest anyone but I thought I'd give it a shot.

a firebird (thunderbird) style body, jet black, with a tune-o-matic bridge and top tailpiece or string thru. Three humbuckers (EMG's or Seymour Duncan's.) and a 22 fret neck painted black maple neck and ebony fingerboard with traditional 3 and 3 headstock tuning machines (grovers.) I'd go into more detail (neck radius, fret size,etc.) but it would be forever. i drew a picture of it but turns out i am definitely not an artists. :red:
Niko

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:03 pm

I'm not too proud. I have a friend with a taylor signed by Phil Keaggy himself. I wouldn't want that one though. Another friend of mine has an phenominal Les Paul that I just can't get over. It's about 20 years old, and he's got a tubed fender that matches it beautifully.

*sigh* Must... Not... Covet.

:)
Mithrandir

Postby Niko » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:43 pm

oldphilosopher wrote:I'm not too proud. I have a friend with a taylor signed by Phil Keaggy himself. I wouldn't want that one though. Another friend of mine has an phenominal Les Paul that I just can't get over. It's about 20 years old, and he's got a tubed fender that matches it beautifully.

*sigh* Must... Not... Covet.

:)

i know what you mean. :hits_self
Niko

Return to Jam Session