Pillar Vs. Zpoc

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Pillar Vs. Zpoc

Postby Stephen » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:51 pm

Just read online that the Christian rapcore band Pillar is sueing Christian mp3 filesharing program Zpoc and its owners. The band sites free dispersal of there songs as there reason for doing it. As it stands for now...Zpoc continues to run fine...this legal battle may verywell spell the end for this small Christian group that allows users to swap mp3s much the same way P2P programs like napster and kazaa do. What is my take? I think its been debated enough over is mp3 sharing wrong or right...but I think it just shows that the fight over mp3s is not just a secular music war. Just thought I would pass this info on. (one more tidbit of my personal feelings, I am now ashamed I bought Pillars newest cd, and will never support them again.)
Stephen

Postby Mr. Rogers » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:56 pm

That's messed up. :shady:
Mr. Rogers

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:02 am

>:[ Not cool.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:11 am

Hmm....I wonder what this Scripture is talking about....

"1 Corinthians 6: 1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!
7Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!"
Stephen

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:44 am

yea....i was a bit dissapointed when i found out....shatterheart...you from zpoc?

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:15 am

Yes I am, Stephen13 when I am there. I drop in from time to time. There nice folks on there.
Stephen

Postby Shinja » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:35 am

man if i had a band i wouldnt care if people downloaded my songs. i mean the fact that thier listening to it is what matters, at least to me.
i think this cast a bad light on pillar too, i mean it makes them look like they're just after money, they get up and play with the title of christian and this can have a negitive efect on thier ministry,
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:23 pm

It had been said they were a Limp Bizkit copoff...now on the same lable as LP...and acting like them...*inserts cry baby emoticon*
Stephen

Postby Mr. Rogers » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:17 am

like shinja said, if i had a band, i'd be happy if anyone even wanted to listen to my music enough to download it or whatever.
Mr. Rogers

Return to Jam Session