Project 86

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Project 86

Postby Stephen » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:35 am

Hey guys, Project86.com has some new singles off there new cd coming soon. For those that do not know, Project 86 is no longer on Atlantic Records. They posted some nasty stuff on Projects website...Project got mad and took the crap down...a fight came as a partial result of that...and they are gone from Atlantic. They no longer want a record lable as I am sure they could get signed by just about any...but they are going to fly solo. Release there new cd on there website...(crap, if you buy there cd the band will actualy get some money lol) No RIAA involved...no fat greedy label guys....I plan on buying a copy and I hope everyone into Christian rock does the same. Anyway, as for free stuff...check the site out and have a listen to there new samples.

The first band to bring on the doom of the RIAA by not using a lable
Stephen

Postby RefractedAhav » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:13 am

Cool, but I have a question..... what exactly do these over priced, prpoerty distroying frisbees that the riaa call CDs play on? :eyebrow:

ps: now if artist through out the world can follow their example.
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:20 pm

I am hoping many bands follow in P86s tracks.
Stephen

Postby Mineko » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:28 pm

They scare me. I have "Truthless Heroes" and all of their lyrics are just strange. I mean, "Out of the playground's ashes come little men with little games." Uh, well...
It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass.
Mineko

Postby Stephen » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:18 pm

99% of the lyrics of TH was meant to rip Atlantic Records apart for trying to control the band. They were overbearing and controled the bands artistic freedom. The band could not come out and sing songs like "I wish my record lable would rot" so they sang in metaphores and the like. The line you quoted was a political line...Anyway, part of the reason I am glad they are not with Atlantic anymore...they can write whatever they want now.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:05 pm

For anyone that cares, go to Project86.com and check out the big news, PREORDER your copy of "Songs To Burn Your Bridges By" it will be shipping in early November..I already got my copy preorderd...go on..you know you want to support Project...cd is 10.99 and 4 shipping...15 bucks..you all spend that on junk you dont need in a week. ;)
Stephen

Postby That Dude » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:07 pm

So do you know how many songs the new CD has?? I hope it sounds a little more like their older stuff....
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:10 pm

Ooops...I spelled small wrong..hahaha!!!
That Dude

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:17 pm

Project86.com has the track listing on the cover...and yes i have heard samples...it sounds like Drawing Black Lines again.
Stephen

Postby That Dude » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:22 pm

Neato...I'll have to check out there site again...I haven't been there in a while. Did you know Blindside is coming out with a nw CD Nov 4th? I hope its good

That Dude

Postby Stephen » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:03 pm

Last I heard it had got pushed back into early 2004...is your info new? If so thats great..I love Blindside.
Stephen

Return to Jam Session