Echoing Green

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Echoing Green

Postby Mineko » Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:10 pm

I was wondering who all has heard of the Echoing Green. I remember Gypsy talking about them on the old MSN boards and I thought it was weird because I thought they were just a local band of New Mexico. Their lead singer is a DJ for one of our radio stations, and I just thought nobody else outside of NM had ever heard of them. Yeah, just wondering...
It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass.
Mineko

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:56 pm

I've heard of em, got one of their albums. And i must say I like them alot. Also the lady in the group looks like a friend i havn't seen in many many years named Carley. That gives them yet more points.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:26 pm

Can't say that I have. What kinda music do they play?
Mithrandir

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:03 am

And now you all get a demonstration of Gypsy's horrible musical genre describing skills ....

They're kinda euro-techno and very upbeat. They don't do a whole lot of the "let's repeat the same synthesized measure five million times" that you find in a lot of techno. Same band, Mineko?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mineko » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:03 pm

Sounds about right... I guess it's just Mainers and New Mexicans who know them... That's really weird.
It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass.
Mineko

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:59 pm

Does the guy have a Brittish accent?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mineko » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:20 am

Uh... no... You mean the lead singer? Joey? None that I've ever heard and I hear him talk a lot.
Mineko

Postby Niko » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:47 am

Gypsy wrote:Does the guy have a Brittish accent?

he doesn't have a brit accent your imagining things, Gypsy. Anywho, the question is, how did the bands fame jump from NM to Maine? I like non-repeat techno too. another band you may want to try is WWMT (world wide messange tribe). they have a 3 or 4 CDs. I have two of them. if you don't like Rock-techno, don't listen to heatseeker. Rambling. anyway yeah EG is cool. i guess i still have Gypsy's Echoing Green CD :lol: :rock:
Niko

Return to Jam Session