Metal

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Metal

Postby DragonSlayer » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:33 pm

Does any body like metal! Liveing sacrifice, Extol, demon hunter, sympathy!!!!!!! Does anybody like metal!
DragonSlayer

Postby Retten » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:32 pm

yeah! :rock: those are some good bands i really like Demon Hunter :rock:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby DragonSlayer » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:27 pm

[quote="WhiteBlaze"]yeah! :rock: those are some good bands i really like Demon Hunter :roc
I see, So Im not the only one that likes Metal.
DragonSlayer

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:41 am

Well, I like some of it. Tourniquet is one of my favorites groups, and some of Living Sacrifice's stuff is pretty good. See, Aaron and Steve let me listen to their music, and I'll like specific songs, but I can't remember the bands. There was a band that I really liked that Aaron let me listen to recently, Wyrick I think it was.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:24 pm

Wyrick rule....though the urge to headbang cannot be stoped when listening to them...driving, sitting at home...anywhere...its freaky...Demon Hunter are amazing....I have been listening to a lot more Metal as of late...more Nu-Metal then old school metal ala Tourniquet....ill nino rule....um...I already said Demon Hunter...spineshank....Zao(RIP)....I do like newer Living Sacrifice (RIP) stuff. Dead Poetic are another sweet nu-metal band. I like the term emo-core for bands like that...melodic vocals with hardcore metal rifs and such. Anyway yeah...I like metal.
Stephen

Postby KarateGirl » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:47 pm

Zao's cool. :P
KarateGirl

is demon hunter Christian?

Postby Mr. Rogers » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:09 pm

is demon hunter Christian? they never really mention anything on their sites, so i was just wondering.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:22 pm

I like AFI, that's if you qualify the as metal. I Did My Time by Korn is good.
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby Vincent III » Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:59 pm

hehehe. I mainly like classic metal, some nu stuff, and a lot of japanese stuff.
Ill just post the UK/US/Finland stuff i like:
Black Sabbath
Sonata Arctica
Iron Maiden
Diecast (my cousin's band)
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Scorpians
Slayer
Static-X
...thats all, i think, i havnt listen to any in about 5 months, mainly been listening to Kpop and Jrock lately.
I'm making the wall inside my heart, I don't wanna let my emotions get out, It scares me to look at the world, Don't want to find myself lost in your eyes, I tried to drown my past in grey, I never wanna feel more pain, Ran away from you without saying any words, What I don't wanna lose is love
- X Japan's Art of Life
Vincent III

Postby That Dude » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:56 pm

Yeah I like some metal and hardcore also...
Some of my fav's are: Norma Jean, Blindside, Dead Poetic (my tie for fav band), Demon Hunter, Living Sacrifice's new stuff, My freind Kyle's band A New Face For Mona, And a few others
That Dude

Postby righteous_slave » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:00 am

my favorite bands are the ones i get free (and legal) off MP3.com. Encryptor (Panamanian death metal) Sorrow Storm (black metal) both have whole albums up for download. Demon Hunter and As I lay Dying rock. Old school hard core like Born Blind. Eternal Descision (bay area thrash lives!!) Any thing guaranteed to peel the skin off your face.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby That Dude » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:00 am

You guys ever heard of Evilynn? Well I haven't heard their new stuff but I have one of there EP's back when they were known as Nail Scarred...But yeah I know one of the guitarists..He's a cool guy..

------------------------------------
Follow your heart....And you'll go to hell. -That Dude...

Check Jer 17:9
That Dude

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:03 pm

Vincent III wrote:hehehe. I mainly like classic metal, some nu stuff, and a lot of japanese stuff.
Ill just post the UK/US/Finland stuff i like:
Black Sabbath
Sonata Arctica
Iron Maiden
Diecast (my cousin's band)
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Scorpians
Slayer
Static-X
...thats all, i think, i havnt listen to any in about 5 months, mainly been listening to Kpop and Jrock lately.

Iron Maiden, interesting, they're pretty good. I like Led Zeppilin and Static X as well. I also like Demon Hunter.
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby bemanisuperstar » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:47 pm

METALLICA

That's my band (Well technically not but you know what I mean). They've helped me through some Rough times you know.

I've been thinking of starting my own Christian death Metal band
bemanisuperstar

Postby Straylight » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:46 am

I love metallica, in fact I'm listening to some at the moment. There isn't another band like them -- you can't beat the progressive element that they use in each song. I dislike their stance on p2p though...

Rage are good too

BTW as I know nothing about Christian metal (probably because I live in the UK), can anyone here recommend me some? That way I can balance my listening and thus worry less about "evil lyrics" corrupting me every time I listen :)
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby That Dude » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:07 am

BTW as I know nothing about Christian metal (probably because I live in the UK), can anyone here recommend me some? That way I can balance my listening and thus worry less about "evil lyrics" corrupting me every time I listen :)[/QUOTE]

Well it depends on what type of stuff you like...Do you mostly like that old 80's metal? Or newer stuff like Slipknot? If you like the newer sounding stuff you should check out Norma Jean (the hardest music I've heard) or Demon Hunter. You could also check out Embodyment's old stuff. If you use Mp3.com check out Evilynn or A New Face For Mona. A great emo/hardcore one is Dead Poetic....Yeah lot's of the metal posted on here is Christian...
That Dude

Postby Straylight » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:13 am

I'm a big fan of the progressive stuff -- where songs last about 7 minutes and introduce a number of different musical ideas, kinda like what Metallica do.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby righteous_slave » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:55 am

Would that be Metallica pre or post sell out :lol: We won't get into that, but if you like the old bay area thrash sound of Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning, Eternal Descision is a cool one. They have several tracks on MP3.com. A number of old Christian metal bands emulated that sound as well, I just don't have anything here to give any names.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Return to Jam Session