TsubasaKamen's Art!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

TsubasaKamen's Art!

Postby TsubasaKamen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:52 am

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Re: TsubasaKamen's Art!

Postby TsubasaKamen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:02 am

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:06 am

TsubasaKamen

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:34 am

Per long standing site rules, please do not link to images containing nudity.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Xeno » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:20 am

What's with all the over-exaggerated boobs, bruh?
Also what's with showing a middle schooler's breasts?
Xeno

Postby TsubasaKamen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:51 am

mechana2015 wrote:Per long standing site rules, please do not link to images containing nudity.

Sorry, I will be careful and mindful of what I post on here.
TsubasaKamen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:52 am

Xeno wrote:What's with all the over-exaggerated boobs, bruh?
Also what's with showing a middle schooler's breasts?

Funny, I didn't think any of my drawings were that offensive, but I apologize if I've caused you any offense. I will try to link more appropriate drawings in the future.
TsubasaKamen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 am

TsubasaKamen

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:09 am

These characters are maybe half your age, if that. Drawing them with exaggerated breasts, topless, or in sexy poses is really, really creepy. Hell, if you're an adult at all (and here I was thinking you were maybe twenty, tops), that's still creepy. It's not a matter of offending us (trust me, Xeno, Mech, and I have been around the Internet block a few times), though why would you even consider this stuff appropriate on a site with several active young members?
Ante Bellum

Postby Xeno » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:48 am

TsubasaKamen wrote:Funny, I didn't think any of my drawings were that offensive, but I apologize if I've caused you any offense.

Funny, I didn't think I'd ever have to point out that it's morally questionable to illustrate middle-school aged children in various states of undress. I guess we both learned something today.
Xeno

Postby TsubasaKamen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:These characters are maybe half your age, if that. Drawing them with exaggerated breasts, topless, or in sexy poses is really, really creepy. Hell, if you're an adult at all (and here I was thinking you were maybe twenty, tops), that's still creepy. It's not a matter of offending us (trust me, Xeno, Mech, and I have been around the Internet block a few times), though why would you even consider this stuff appropriate on a site with several active young members?

Two things I would like to point out. The first thing is that ALL anime characters that serve are main characters in anime series are 16 years old, tops. I could name several characters that are within that age group from various series but I honestly don't think it's necessary to prove my point to that extent. Secondly, these are "reproduced" drawings from actual anime series. There are a hand full of OC drawings that I drew, but the majority of the art that I make is reproduced. Meaning only one thing: You are criticizing and hating on the original artists, who drew these exact poses and characters in their manga. I find it very hypocritical that people like you will hate on my artwork but at the same time watch dozens of anime series featuring 16 year old female protagonists in the same sexy poses that you pointed out from my drawings. -_-
TsubasaKamen

Postby Xeno » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:19 pm

TsubasaKamen wrote:ALL anime characters that serve are main characters in anime series are 16 years old, tops.

I guess Cowboy Bebop, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, G Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin, Gunbuster, Log Horizon, GTO, RahXephon, and Big O aren't anime?

TsubasaKamen wrote:Secondly, these are "reproduced" drawings from actual anime series. There are a hand full of OC drawings that I drew, but the majority of the art that I make is reproduced.

So what you're saying is that you're stealing art by "reproducing it" and then not providing credit. Okay, gotcha.

TsubasaKamen wrote:Meaning only one thing: You are criticizing and hating on the original artists, who drew these exact poses and characters in their manga. I find it very hypocritical that people like you will hate on my artwork but at the same time watch dozens of anime series featuring 16 year old female protagonists in the same sexy poses that you pointed out from my drawings. -_-

Those people deserve criticism for drawing it in the first place, you deserve it for reproducing it. And hate to break it to you, but not everyone is into shows with 16 year olds in "sexy poses." I think you're mistaking a lot of what is in magical girl series to be something it's not.

Additionally, middle school ages range from 10-13 based on where you live. A 16 year old is a high schooler. In Japan the age of consent is 14 and certain things are acceptable in anime because of the laws and culture of that country. Here in the western world, which you live in seeing as you're Canadian, have very different laws regarding content that includes minors. And also, call me naive, but on a site dedicated to christian fans of anime, you'd think there would be some concept of what is okay to post in the way content, and what isn't okay. Sexualized teenagers fall into the category of "isn't okay," considering the majority of Christians I know aren't very big fans of sexualizing children.

Be mad at us all you want, call us hypocrites all you like, but at the end of the day we aren't "reproducing" or creating content that contains topless minors, you are.
Last edited by Xeno on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeno

Postby DaughterOfZion » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:35 pm

TsubasaKamen wrote:I find it very hypocritical that people like you will hate on my artwork but at the same time watch dozens of anime series featuring 16 year old female protagonists in the same sexy poses that you pointed out from my drawings. -_-

"people like you" Uh, Ante pretty much watches nothing but giant robots, a genre not particularly known for young girls pushing their boobs together trying to get "Sempai"s attention.
Also, someone disagreeing with you doesn't necessarily make them a hypocrite. I happen to know Ante doesn't sit around tracing the forms of pubescent girls, if Ante sat around and traced anything, it would be a giant robot.
DaughterOfZion

Postby TsubasaKamen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Although some conversations on CAA has proven to be fruitful, not everyone on this website has shown a welcoming spirit. It has always made me wonder where the True Body of Christ lies. All you did, and yes, I am speaking of you Xeno, was troll me since you decided to condemn my artwork with your individual distaste. I would like you to pick out one of my drawings that I posted on here and show me exactly what you find offensive about it? And yes, I reproduce artwork, it is a great way for beginners to master all the various poses and positions you can draw characters in. Because of my reproductions I have been able to learn how to draw based on memory alone. It was my technique when starting out how to draw, because I want to draw my own manga series someday. Instead of seeing the beauty of the artwork, you saw it as a morality issue, which is common I guess for Christians who struggle with lust, and cannot look at the beauty of a female body without burning. I on the other hand just see the beauty of my art, and yes, I think the female body is a beautiful creation by the workmanship of God's Right Hand. I think women are the most beautiful of all God's creation. To me, they are comparable with Angels. Having said all that, I would like to point out that I do not plan on changing my way of drawing just because you took offense to it/them. There is bound to be one or two people on here who will appreciate my artwork, who are not as weak in this area as you are. Having said that though, I am reminded of what the Apostle Paul described when he said that if a man only eats vegetables and is offended at the man who eats meat. Do not eat meat in front of him, lest you cause him to become weak in his faith. If showing my drawings on here offends you to this extreme then the options I will propose are two-fold, being, 1. Do not look at them. You did not have to go through all my drawings just to condemn my artwork, and make me out to be slime, which I am not. You decided with your own free will to click each link to my drawings, something you did not have to do. And, 2. I can try to select my drawings more carefully so that I do not bring about any farther offenses.
TsubasaKamen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:15 pm

TsubasaKamen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:35 pm

I have went out with a friend for a coffee tonight, and ministered the Word to this friend, and the Spirit of God convicted my spirit about how I have been saying that I have offended people on this forum but really I am the one who got offended. So I apologize, and ask for forgiveness. I will be especially careful as to what links to my drawings that I provide on here. I am sorry, once again, for getting my back up.
TsubasaKamen

Postby Xeno » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:24 pm

TsubasaKamen wrote:you saw it as a morality issue, which is common I guess for Christians who struggle with lust, and cannot look at the beauty of a female body without burning.

I'm not a Christian, but thanks for thinking I have a problem with lust.

To be honest, I didn't read anything you posted after this line, and I'm probably not going to. I do think you may have misunderstood what Ante, DoZ, Mech, and myself were getting at, but I'm not going to go on about it any more.
Xeno

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:01 am

I stopped to wonder if you're just trolling. I mean, you've got a massive gallery, but my heart's been broken before. I want to believe, man. Then I remembered that picking things apart can be fun and went ahead with it anyway.

TsubasaKamen wrote:Two things I would like to point out. The first thing is that ALL anime characters that serve are main characters in anime series are 16 years old, tops. I could name several characters that are within that age group from various series but I honestly don't think it's necessary to prove my point to that extent.

Xeno already mentioned LoGH, my favorite series. The two mains START at twenty-eight and nineteen years old. So much for "16 years old, tops."

Secondly, these are "reproduced" drawings from actual anime series. There are a hand full of OC drawings that I drew, but the majority of the art that I make is reproduced. Meaning only one thing: You are criticizing and hating on the original artists, who drew these exact poses and characters in their manga.

You know, I already suspected you copied most of your "art." Good to know you won't bother trying to hide it. I also like how criticism is automatically hate, because the world is black and white and anything you don't like is automatically bad.

I find it very hypocritical that people like you will hate on my artwork but at the same time watch dozens of anime series featuring 16 year old female protagonists in the same sexy poses that you pointed out from my drawings. -_-

I love projection. I love, love, looooove projection. No, I don't watch anime full of underaged girls making "sexy" poses. Even if a girl DOES make such a pose in an anime I watch, I ignore it. I don't draw it, I don't get off on it, and I certainly don't try to defend it. I'm an adult, and having a fixation on young, well-endowed girls would have some pretty awful implications, wouldn't it?
Anyway, the last series I was watching through was Initial D, which is about...teenage boys and their cars. Not making sexy poses, just racing around to eurobeat. Before that, a handful of Gundam series, which are about guys and robots. As DoZ said, I'm mostly a mecha fan. (And I also don't trace, period, just to clear that up.)

Although some conversations on CAA has proven to be fruitful, not everyone on this website has shown a welcoming spirit. It has always made me wonder where the True Body of Christ lies. All you did, and yes, I am speaking of you Xeno, was troll me since you decided to condemn my artwork with your individual distaste. I would like you to pick out one of my drawings that I posted on here and show me exactly what you find offensive about it?

Man, we get this all the time, just because we're not always willing to overlook things. Again, criticism doesn't equal hate and it certainly doesn't mean we're trolling (which is something I see a lot of people say in order to excuse said criticism as being invalid).
Since Mech already snipped some of your links, I'm certainly not linking anything. If you're not aware enough to realize that topless middle schoolers is a bad thing - and yes, I read your little comic, I'll get back to that - then I really don't know what to tell you.

And yes, I reproduce artwork, it is a great way for beginners to master all the various poses and positions you can draw characters in. Because of my reproductions I have been able to learn how to draw based on memory alone. It was my technique when starting out how to draw, because I want to draw my own manga series someday.

WRONG.

WROOOOOOOONG.

Copying someone else's art is the WORST way to learn. Pros learn the rules first, THEN learn to bend them. If anything they do is wrong or stylized in such a way as to be technically wrong, you're learning their mistakes. Bad anatomy? You're learning that. Unnatural poses? Weird perspective? You're learning all of that. The best way to learn is to draw from life - take drawing classes with a real model and learn how the body works. And no, you're not going to just get young, sexy, thin women. You're going to get old people, fat people, men...all sorts of people, because that's how it works. An alternative is to reference pictures of real people, though it's hard to learn how things works in a 3D space with that.
Comic artists have to learn how to draw first. They don't just copy somebody else and go "yep, that's fine." I see so many people think they can get away with copying others, that they don't need to draw because it's "manga." And yes, it's usually people who want to move to Japan and be famous manga-ka that will become the next big anime desu uguu~
Your comic is nothing special. I know, because I read it. Rather, I looked at the page and then read the description, because I couldn't read the lettering on the page. Either it was crammed in as some scribble, or the picture OF the page was so terrible that very little was legible. Between the cliche yet boring story, the amateur art, and the poorly photographed pages (trust me, it's possible to get clear pictures, but most artists scan and clean up their art anyway), it wasn't easy getting through it. I did anyway, kept a running commentary, so let's break it down a little:

First off, the descriptions. They were very different from the page, talking about things that happen off page and even changing the dialogue. Comics are a visual medium, so all of your information should be contained in the COMIC, not dumped as an afterthought. I wouldn't know that the girl's attack destroyed her house just looking at the drawings, because you couldn't even bother drawing that. All the different dialogue? Why would you change it around so much? At most I've seen people write out direct transcripts or some irrelevant commentary (X was inspired by Y, how the drawing process went, details about upcoming convention appearances or print copies or hiatuses...). It makes it look like you took a story and based the comic off that, but little things, such as the aforementioned "this happened but wasn't shown," make me wonder if that's really the case.

Then the art...man. I already brought it up above, but you clearly know nothing about art. The style is inconsistent, the line work and coloring is rough, and the composition very much looks improvised. I've read a fair share of comics, both professional and online, and I've watched people stream their creation process. It's not just slapping down whatever fits in a panel, it's planning, setting down guidelines, sketching and erasing and sketching again, then carefully lining and coloring or rendering. For example, look at this illustration process. Evan Dahm made multiple thumbnails to get a sense of composition, sketched out the final image (and you can see that he redid some of the parts as well as the guidelines), and then carefully rendered the final. This is, of course, after putting extensive research and thought into his work. Comic artists do the same, but now they need to compose panels in an appealing way, leading the reader's eye and avoiding awkward tangents. Bad art can potentially drive readers from even a good comic, and good art can make a bad comic at least nice to look at (but then the artist should consider doing standalone works or getting a new writer). Do you think your art stands up with webcomics such as Vattu or SMBHAX, much less professionally published work that people draw for a living? Would you ever put the effort into learning how to draw, or will you continue to think that copying is all you need to do? Recall Nick Simmons, who got caught copying stuff like Bleach. He got three issues published and then...nothing. There won't be any more Incarnate. Even then, his own art wasn't very good, and the story was barely passable anyway. And even if you weren't going to try to get your comic published, are you really satisfied with copying? Really?

Now the story. I honestly can't say that I enjoyed any of it. Unoriginal doesn't necessarily mean bad, but this left me thinking "I could watch something that did this way better." I mean, nothing stuck out as funny or interesting or compelling. Why should I care about any of these characters? Their personalities were so indistinct, several might have been the same person. The biggest defining trait is whether or not someone is evil. The mom has more of a backstory than your main character; she's devoted enough to her job to attend seminars and work late into the night, even though it means leaving her child alone. Neglectful, if you think about it, perhaps she's attempting to gain or keep her status. There's no apparent father, so maybe she's a single parent. What can I say about Ran Ran, the main character? She's a kid, I guess. She doesn't have much of a reaction at all to meeting a fairy or getting thrust into war. How is a powerful being stuck in a dumpster? If Ran Ran weren't the chosen one, why would she be able to see or hear Tora, if Tora's supposed to be invisible to everyone else? Why the thing about Tora disguising herself as a human and attending school if, again, nobody can see her anyway? Is there even a war happening? Is the Shadow Kingdom actively fighting, or did they just sit on their hands waiting for Ran Ran to show up? Why is a lower being directly serving the queen, especially after failing? Why wouldn't she have an elite team trained specifically to take out the chosen one if she knew it was going to happen? Never mind that, how am I supposed to feel any tension in fights when it's so painfully skewed in Ran Ran's favor? It's really not a good sign when your story is tired right from the get-go. I mean, there are so many things to pick apart. At least it's nice to know Ran Ran attends the same school Calvin went to, because no real middle schooler I've seen took that kind of math. Not that it'd matter, because I noticed no apparent research anyway.
You see what I'm getting at? There's so much more I could point out, like random forced romance, kids learning advanced martial arts in gym, and middle schoolers caring about diamonds being certified (never mind they're Japanese caring about an American institute). There's also no such thing as a "carat diamond." Carat refers to gem mass, you can't just say "carat" and not specify how many there are.
The list goes on. It's not so bad it's funny, it's just so bad it's...bad.

Instead of seeing the beauty of the artwork, you saw it as a morality issue, which is common I guess for Christians who struggle with lust, and cannot look at the beauty of a female body without burning.

Not only am I part of the site's premier Atheist Experience(tm), I have zero struggles with lust. I mean, I literally do not feel sexual attraction toward anything.

I on the other hand just see the beauty of my art, and yes, I think the female body is a beautiful creation by the workmanship of God's Right Hand. I think women are the most beautiful of all God's creation. To me, they are comparable with Angels.

Putting women on pedestals is almost as bad as hating them. They ARE human, you know.

Having said all that, I would like to point out that I do not plan on changing my way of drawing just because you took offense to it/them.

It's cute you think that we take personal offense, especially after I pointed out that it'll take much, much more than that to even begin to offend us. Same goes for that part below where you say we're offended "to this extreme."

There is bound to be one or two people on here who will appreciate my artwork, who are not as weak in this area as you are.

Man, even if you weren't a creep, you still (poorly) copied a large part of your gallery, so, no, I'd find it exceptionally difficult to appreciate your "artwork." I'd rather just appreciate the original artist, who actually put effort into it.

Having said that though, I am reminded of what the Apostle Paul described when he said that if a man only eats vegetables and is offended at the man who eats meat. Do not eat meat in front of him, lest you cause him to become weak in his faith.

I cannot tell you how many women (and men) I've seen in various states of undress. Even if I were capable of finding them attractive, your busty little girls wouldn't have any effect. I don't think that that passage refers to vegetarians finding meat objectionable, instead being about the potential effect eating sacrificial meat (not just any meat) might have with new converts.
At this point I'm not sure if you're projecting or just assuming we don't like your drawings because we're weak-willed in order to convince yourself that you're right. I've seen many people using the same thought process while those on the outside just see another crazy telling himself that everyone else is wrong, if they were smart and strong they'd love him!

If showing my drawings on here offends you to this extreme then the options I will propose are two-fold, being, 1. Do not look at them. You did not have to go through all my drawings just to condemn my artwork, and make me out to be slime,

Nah man, you make yourself out to be slime well enough on your own.

You decided with your own free will to click each link to my drawings, something you did not have to do. And, 2. I can try to select my drawings more carefully so that I do not bring about any farther offenses.

You keep telling yourself that. You're, what, almost thirty years old according to your profile? Grow up. You're never going to go anywhere if you stubbornly resist any critique that comes your way.

Anyway, I've had my say, so consider this matter closed on my end. I know you're not going to take any of it to mind, but I hope I can at least make an impression on others who visit this thread. Art is more than scribbling on a page or cobbling together whatever random story you first come up with. It's a commitment, but with people like you, it's no wonder it's not taken seriously.
Ante Bellum

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:39 pm

I stopped reading mid way through because it just seems like you're trolling. According to my sensibilities, I find it hardly possible to take this conversation serious anymore. <_<
TsubasaKamen

Postby Xeno » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:12 pm

TsubasaKamen wrote:trolling

You've used this word twice now, and I don't think you understand what it means. Trolling is not just disagreeing with someone about something. According to the good ol' Urban Dictionary a troll is "one who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument." By all understandings of this definition, you could be a troll because of the content you linked to, though neither Ante, nor I, constitute a troll, as our intentions are not to cause disruption, but instead to respond to the kind of art you're making.
Xeno

Postby shooraijin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 am

*blows whistle*
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:33 pm

Tsubasa, just wondering, are you looking for critique or comment or just putting your art up for people to look at? I have several suggestions for improvement, but I'm not going to spend the time if you aren't interested in hearing them.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to Art Corner