nln_rose's Art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

nln_rose's Art

Postby nln_rose » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:00 pm

So this will be my art thread please feel free to give me any constructive criticism you may have.
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Re: nln_rose's Art

Postby nln_rose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:45 pm

here is a link to everything i have scanned. i'll try to actually get the images later. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ubrq72ro5lyp ... tPjaa?dl=0
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Postby Sammy Boy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:10 am

Thank you for sharing your drawings. Your colours are really vibrant and your art shows a good understanding of lights and shadows.

My one suggestion would be more practice on drawing things accurately. It isn't that your stuff is bad, but when I look through your artwork, I felt that the proportions of the people drawn seemed 'off', things which are meant to be mostly symmetrical (foreshortening not withstanding) are not, and some things seem to be drawn at the wrong angles.

I too, am learning to draw, and some things I've found to be helpful are:

- Doing more observation before drawing (try to just keep looking at something for a long while before putting pencil to paper)
- Drawing more still life stuff (e.g. an object like a battery, a watch, an apple, etc.) I find it helps improve my pencil skills and allows more confident linework. Plus, if you can draw real stuff accurately, it will improve your artwork no matter what style and/or genre you draw.
- Find some tutorials on perspectives (1 point, 2 points, 3 points). One guy that I've found helpful is Mark Crilley (www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley)

All the best! :)
Sammy Boy

Postby nln_rose » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:00 pm

hahaha that's great I actually have been watching a lot of Mark Crilley's videos! Thank you so much for all of the suggestions i've been working on improving my placement and making it my placement or objects and people not so awkward. I've started a pencil series of drawings that i hope to upload soon.
nln_rose

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:55 am

Hey that's great! I look forward to seeing more of your stuff. :)
Sammy Boy

Return to Art Corner