I can't believe it's not a photograph!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

I can't believe it's not a photograph!

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Okay, last thread I made was my sister's art from college. So don't get confused when you see this stuff compared to others. Critique if you want, but I'm really not a serious artist, so I'll probably nod and smile and forget everything you said. :grin:
Anyways, before you say "Wow, Claec, these drawings are amazing, you're such a great artist!", know that I have no actual creative abilities (in other words, I can't draw from my imagination, at all), and everything I draw is a copy of a pre-existing picture. Also, I can't shade or fade or any of that cool artsy stuff. That said, enjoy! I hope it doesn't hurt your eyes too much.

Lucian and Nero, from Lunar Knights.

Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Shading courtesy of my sister. (I told you I can't shade)
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Re: I can't believe it's not a photograph!

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:19 pm

I don't care if they're referenced--THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL ;w;
Youe sister has good shading skills :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Very Impressive!
Keep it up and as you get better - you'll be an awesome artist no time.
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks, guys. You're too nice (no really, you're way too nice).

Soooo.... apparently this is what happens when Claec gets bored with Kanji study. It started with a test to see if I could draw an "anime style" eye (which, as you can tell, failed pretty badly), then features kept appearing, and before I knew it, this guy was glaring at me. Don't ask who he is, I have absolutely no idea. This is my first attempt at original, unreferenced doodling since I was like...8. So yeah, shield your eyes.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:58 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Thanks, guys. You're too nice (no really, you're way too nice).

Soooo.... apparently this is what happens when Claec gets bored with Kanji study. It started with a test to see if I could draw an "anime style" eye (which, as you can tell, failed pretty badly), then features kept appearing, and before I knew it, this guy was glaring at me. Don't ask who he is, I have absolutely no idea. This is my first attempt at original, unreferenced doodling since I was like...8. So yeah, shield your eyes.

Is that....sousuke? (It looks like him cx)

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:01 pm

This is nice, Claec. Wish I'd seen this earlier.
Wolfsong

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:10 am

Your rendering work is quite good! Keep up the good work.

The only suggestion I would add is to look into various pencils. You are using a standard pencil, I am guessing. You can get some nice pencils at any crafts store, and I believe it would really elevate your drawing and shading. A good starter set to get for yourself would be:
4H
2H
HB
2B
4B
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Candle7 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Wow! And you said you could only draw stick figures *shakes head* you've been holding out on us! Keep it up!
"Lay off, I'm as normal as they come and this is a contest of freaks. What do you want me to do, fire my slingshot at him?" -Maes Hughes
"I already told you, A FIST IN HIS FACE!!" -Edward Elric
"Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!" -Edward Elric and me (though I'm not going to do anything violent)
Candle7

Postby IStoleYourToast » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 am

:0 this stuff is awesome! I'm kinda jealous that you can look at a reference and draw that.(I can't do that without making it look horrendous) and that guy I figured out why he's glaring at you: you weren't studying Kanji! you were more focused on drawing they guy XD jk.
I am not short, or small, or any of that. I am merely 'fun sized!' :D
IStoleYourToast

Postby PandaPop » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Just saw these they look great, you and your sister make a good team the Zuko is fantastic! looks like you scaling is pretty good too. That's always been my biggest problem I cant scale for the life of me, at first glace my pictures look okay then its like oh wait that's off and that's too big and too high and wow this picture actually sucks lol.
PandaPop

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Thank you guys all so much for the comments. I've never considered rendering to be that awesome, but I really appreciate the encouragement.
And yes Soran, I'm just using a mechanical pencil. But now that you've mentioned it, I might be able to dig up some of my sister's old art pencils. Thanks for the advice.

Leo Aoi from Beast Master.
This was such a pain to draw. I got all the proportions wrong (basically I started with the head and made it the right size, but then ended up making the rest of it smaller). And it went downhill from there. Towards the end I was just winging it because it was too far gone to fix (and I was sick of erasing). This is probably my least satisfying piece of art. And my miserable attempts at shading were foiled.
Also, my camera doesn't like focusing, apparently. So it's really blurry and awful.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 am

ClaecElric4God wrote: I got all the proportions wrong. And it went downhill from there. too far gone to fix. This is probably my least satisfying piece of art. And my miserable attempts at shading were foiled.

seriously, this is beautiful ;w; I love how you drew his hair, and the positioning is outstanding c:
good job, cece~

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 am

So this is basically a gravedig, but it's so hard to find time to draw anymore, so I don't really keep up with this. Anyways, seeing all Panda's awesome art stimulated me, and I figured I had time for just one picture. Enjoy (or whatever).

Sasayan (Sasahara Souhei) from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. So, I'm actually pretty pleased with this one. And it was fun to draw. One of the fastest I've done, and scaling was really easy. Usually I have a pattern of draw, erase, draw, erase, draw, erase, until eventually I'm drawing more than I'm erasing and somehow I manage to complete it. With this one, I hardly did any erasing, and it actually turned out! What're the odds! The shading is still miserable, but I'll get over it.
Sasayan is awesome (even when he's not a ninja =P)

ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:53 am

Yay~~~ More art <3
It's so lovely :3 can't say I've seen the show before, but he looks cool c:.
I like the shading a lot though D: It's not bad at all >w<.

ClaecElric4God wrote:seeing all Panda's awesome art stimulated me

AGH--SDALJKDALSDLSNA;ASD;DA[F---They really aren't ;-; but thankyou <3.

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:49 pm

That last picture is epic! They are all epic! :D I just like the expression on the last dude so much.
DecooPunk

Postby CalebFishy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:58 am

Simply amazing, great work! :thumb:
Now all you need to do is make an anime. :sweat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i30WR3Ahnig
ClaecElric4God wrote:I've learned to appreciate things that I didn't before, because my primary desire is to see the Lord praised and glorified, by whatever means, as long as He approves of it.
CalebFishy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:21 am

Haha, thanks for the compliments, but as some of you know and some of you may not, all the pictuers here (with the exception of the random dude on the ruled paper) are just copies of pre-existing pictures (not traces, mind you; copies). So I'm really not that amazing. But thanks for the encouragement. :)

ClaecElric4God

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Kappa from Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan. This one was a request from my sister, who is returning from Honduras Monday, so it was a bit rushed. I could be horribly displeased with it, but it wouldn't do me any good, so I'll just mutter quietly to myself about how it could have been better. I was too lazy to put serious effort into shading, so that's definitely something I don't like (especially after how much effort I put into Sasayan).
Anyways, why do I always attach a commentary to these? I'll just shut up now.

ClaecElric4God

Postby PandaPop » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:44 pm

I haven't seen either of these shows, but I don't need to, to see how good these are

ClaecElric4God wrote:Image

:waah!: this is beautiful!! I could literally say nothing critical about this at all, nothing I tell you nothing!

ClaecElric4God wrote:Image

:thumb: also fantastic! I understand your comments about the shading but it doesn't even matter it still looks great.

You and Panda and your dang skills :bang:
PandaPop

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:52 pm

lol, thanks, PandaPop.
Haha, skills, you say? I don't think I compare to Panda at all. Did you see her last picture? I'm so jealous of how she can draw clothes and MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:41 pm

^For the record, Soul's clothes took longest to draw XD;;

Awe, he looks cute. Your shading isn't baaaddd, it's lovely <3

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Haha, I can believe it. But still, it's pretty awesome. XD

Anyways, more disasters over here.
I drew these soooo long ago (like...a couple years probably), and I've been meaning to post them for a certain Danny Phantom lover, but I kept forgetting. But said person has recently given me reason to remember this, so I figured I'd put them up. I shoved them all onto one page so it wouldn't be too annoying. I don't have much to say about them, except that I love Danny Phantom. Most definitely my favorite American cartoon. Ah, the memories...
Also, why does photobucket keep chopping off the right side of my pictures?

ClaecElric4God

Postby LastLfan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Now these...these are awesome. I'm glad you finally posted these
LastLfan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Yuuki Tenpouin from Code: Breaker. Because why not? Also, my sister is returning from her long and endless journey, so I thought she would like a picture of one of her favorite characters. This one was highly rushed, but it was also simple, so it didn't take long. I was seriously tempted to try to color this one, because black and white doesn't do justice to Yuuki's extremely red hair. But whatever. Shading...again...
Thumbs up if you hate my camera! I'm about to destroy the stupid thing. Hopefully you guys can still see this picture, though. I'll figure something out, eventually.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:43 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Also, why does photobucket keep chopping off the right side of my pictures?

Which link do you copy? (just a wild guess as to why)

But, awe, I never really watched that show, but these re cute-able <3
I don't even care if these are copied pictures, your shading is beautiful and you should feel pretty because of it.
But I'm glad your sister is (probably by this point) home :3

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:19 am

I copy the IMG link. Is there a better one? Panda, rescue me from the picture chopping...
ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:40 am

I use Direct link, and so far none of my pictures have been chopped :3

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm

How am I just now discovering this? Man! These are good! Why is it that everyone on here are amazing artists? And I don't care if these are copies. They're still great! And yay! Zuko, Leo, Sasayan, and Danny Phantom! :hug: I haven't seen the others yet.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby nillapoet » Wed May 07, 2014 10:42 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:Also, why does photobucket keep chopping off the right side of my pictures?

Which link do you copy? (just a wild guess as to why)

But, awe, I never really watched that show, but these re cute-able <3
I don't even care if these are copied pictures, your shading is beautiful and you should feel pretty because of it.
But I'm glad your sister is (probably by this point) home :3

Are you on a mobile device? On my computer, they show up right size but on the kindle, they get chopped. So do the images I post.
nillapoet

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed May 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Nah, I'm on a computer. *shrug* I'l try the direct link thing next time I actually find time to draw something.

ClaecElric4God

Next

Return to Art Corner