Mave's Little Art Corner XD

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:44 pm

Well, I'm vulnerable to both sketches and Naruto styled art, so I like these very much. Allow me to make some comments, all of which will be positive or neutral (like I'm going to have anything negative to say about art of the drawing variety...).

Shino: I like this one quite a bit, actually. Shino's style is the same, even though his uniform has changed. Who's he carrying, though?
Iruka: Yes! Go nice guys!
Hinata: ...is Hinata. So I like it.
Sakura/Sasuke: I'm not sure why, but I find the art in this one particularly good.
Naruto: Actually, I can't imagine him switching uniforms. His is pretty unique... but good job anyway.

I'm glad to have you still with us. I hope we can be spiritually enriching, and I hope your personal life gets better as well. God bless.
uc pseudonym

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:30 pm

Mave, you made them all such "hotties!" I meant the guys. *hehe* Hinata and Sakura grew up cute, as well. ^_^ I saved Hinata, since she's my favorite character. And, it pays great homage to "Changes," by UC. As I've told you, he paints a beautiful picture with his words. ^_^

I can't hardly wait to see what else you will post during this time. Mave, I know God will bless you, as always. ~-^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:37 pm

anonymous, the pictures are related to the "Changes" fanfic UC wrote, and you can find it here: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5837

I think Shino is carrying Hinata, if it's based on "Changes."

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:47 pm

Thanks for the plug, and the far too kind compliment. I'm inclined to agree that Shino is carrying Hinata, as I can't think of anyone else he'd reasonably be carrying...
uc pseudonym

Postby Kesshin » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:42 pm

Whoa, have I been missing out. I need to check up on your drawings more often, Mave. They're positively beautiful. *grins* I really like the Sasuke one.
And UC made a Naruto fanfic?! Why wasn't I informed?! Must.... read....
"Consider the lilies of the field. They neither sew nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. If God so clothes the grass, which is in the field one day and cast into the oven the next, how much more will he clothe you, o ye of little faith?
-Luke 12:27-28

-CAA's official writing shinobi.

"Mostly I write action/adventure, and while I dislike romance, I seem to end up doing it and I've been told I do so well. To that I give a cliche "Feh.""
-uc pseudonym
Kesshin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:15 pm

Enjoy (hopefully).

Mave, would you mind if I printed off one or two of those? I'm not certain if you're the type of artist who really cares about that, but I figured it would be polite to ask...
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:12 am

:)

I refrained from saying that Shino was carrying Hinata coz I'm not too sure that was how UC intended it to happen (exactly how Shino should carry her since she was injured then). But yes, it's supposed to be Hinata. heh

The mangaka doesn't really draw young girls cute but does a fine job with older, mature female characters. XD That made me conclude that Hinata and Sakura would grow up to be fine beautiful ladies.

Regarding...
Naruto: I can imagine Naruto putting up a lot of fuss if he was made to wear a standardized jounin suit. He'll probably be yelling "When I become hokage, I'll change those stupid rules!" LOL taking that into account, I tried to combine his original clothing with the jounin suit and it is different from Sasuke (who is wearing a straight jonin suit). Perhaps if I colored it, I ensure you that you'll see Naruto would stand out among the rest of the jounin (which would please him hehe). I mean, it's gonna be a mix of orange and black..0.o

Sasuke: Yeah, I wonder whether he'll have a ponytail considering the person he really hates has one (well, Itachi looks like he has one). But I kicked that in for fun. ^^

Replies to...
UC: I'm one of those who "don't really care" but when ppl let me know what they're doing with my files (in your case, printing them) it makes me happy. XD Thanks for the note! BTW, I reduced the quality and size of the files I posted here. Feel free to ask me for higher resolution versions.

Chloe: Heh, thanks! In our last correspondence, I claimed that I had a "gothic" style (my future postings) when I draw under depression but after finding out what gothic means, I guess it's not. 0.o Oh well, stay tuned.

Kesshin: Do read "Change". It's cool, IMHO! :thumb:

anonymous: Hey, where have you been? ;) Do check out Naruto and then, "Change"! We love them! heh, you can join my KCome updates ML (check my website, "updates" link) if you want to be updated on future KCome chapters via email. But do note that KCome is on hold temporarily due to other pressing priorities in my life.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:16 am

Mave wrote:I refrained from saying that Shino was carrying Hinata coz I'm not too sure that was how UC intended it to happen (exactly how Shino should carry her since she was injured then). But yes, it's supposed to be Hinata. heh

Well, not like that, but it's really the most reasonable way if you intend to fight with your other hand. I meant in both arms, but I really don't care on a detail as such. My sister did comment, "What's he doing, kidnapping her or something?" She did, however, immediately recognize (without my help) that it was from Change, and that it was when Shino saved Hinata.
uc pseudonym

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:59 pm

Nice Naruto fanart, Mave! 0.0 You're really good!
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

New stuff......

Postby Mave » Sat May 01, 2004 8:28 pm

gee, my artworks are all over the forum LOL I'll try to centralize stuff here.

I've picked up drawing again as my academic semester draws to an end. Funny how I have more time to draw during the FINALS week instead.

neways,

ATTACHED FILES
1) anguish.jpg : I decided against putting up too many pieces I did when I was depressed. This 1-page manga panel sums up my raw emotions and thoughts running through my head then. I incorporated my emotions into a story (?) about assassins. That guy in black is Mik, the alterego of Kim (from my webcomic). It was fun creating him coz he represents my darker side, just as Kim has always represented my happy-go-lucky optimistic side. ^_^ He may be hot but he sure is a psychological burden. Thank God I'm not like Mik all the time.

2) gangblacksmall: I love Shishimaru, Jin and Touya (left to right in pic) and used to write fanfictions/fanarts like crazy on this trio. I put them in a black and white format (and a bit of gray). I was experimenting and found that I love strong constrasting colors. I think I made Touya's head a little too big and Shishi's legs too skinny. LOL Jin is the fav. of all three in this pic.

3) YYH rejects: Still in a bishie craze mode, I went on to play with the rest of YYH bishie, those not in the bishie contest, thus the "rejects." I continued the black/white contrast style and .....still liked it. hehe

LINKed to CAA gallery

4) I was trying to draw in a Disney/anime style. I also forced myself off my lazy behind to make a full-colored background! heh
Disney/Anime attempt

5) STILL in a bishie craze mode (sheesh don't I ever stop?), I colored some of my YYH sketches. Nothing really new, just a slightly different style of blending.
Random colored Yusuke and Koenma

C+C, anyone? :brow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby J_Howard » Sun May 02, 2004 6:35 am

ha ha poor thing! how can you forget a bishie like me!!!! so funny that one mave san!! that guy(is his name konema or something) is really a comedic fellow in the series, in the movie he was the numero uno funny pal! :sweat:
J_Howard

Postby EireWolf » Sun May 02, 2004 3:12 pm

Very good, Mave... as always. :) I like Touya's hair, with the black streak... Does Jin have a horn on his head?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun May 02, 2004 9:13 pm

EireWolf wrote:Very good, Mave... as always. :) I like Touya's hair, with the black streak... Does Jin have a horn on his head?

I think you're thinking of the guy who works for Jin. He has a horn on his head. ^_^

Great stuff, as always, Mave! *claps*

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 03, 2004 5:05 am

That's an impressive amount, with some good pictures. I especially liked anguish.jpg, though it was of a slightly different quality than the others.
uc pseudonym

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue May 11, 2004 8:08 am

They look exactly like the originals in the rejects one...0_0x

Eee! *runs*
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Mave » Tue May 11, 2004 12:30 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:They look exactly like the originals in the rejects one...0_0x

Eee! *runs*

LOL do you mean that you think they're the same as the one I posted at the bishie thread? They are. ^_^
Mave

Postby Ren_sama » Tue May 11, 2004 9:59 pm

wow....those....are....beautiful~!!!!! So beautiful I was looking at your pics instead of doig homework---whoops! I should do that now...^.^
Ren_sama

some old RK stuff!

Postby Mave » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:19 am

heh, the RK craze in CAA brings back fond memories of the similar craze I went through in 1997-2000. I dug through my artworks and found some old RK stuff. At this point, I was using RK to practice drawing with a pen spontaneously and dealing with hands. 1999 stuff, as I have it recorded down. (yes, I record the dates of my artworks every now and then) Mostly chibi stuff, I hope RK fans find the "RK marathon" and "crazyfan" amusing at least.

Some writings may be hard to read but it's really just useless ramblings of a crazed RK fan then. ^^ Add. maths refers to "Additional Maths" one of my least fav. school subjects.

XD *goes off to waste more paper and ink*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby The_Marauding_Maniac » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:30 am

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW! Your manga skillz must have been aquired though this....
Luke was here.
There are 10 types of people in the world, people who can read bianary, and people who can't.
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX XXXI XXXII....
TTA: [B]T
he TTA Acronym
[/b]
The_Marauding_Maniac

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:25 pm

I am no RK fan (I've merely never seen enough of it), but if you were aiming for "vaguely amusing" you succeeded.
uc pseudonym

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:47 pm

ROFL Mave those are so funny. I can't think of which one I enjoyed looking over more, since they were all so humurous. ^____^ :lol: Now I understand your passion for Kenshin. I think I watched it back in 2000 also, maybe 2001. Anyway, fantastic, fantastic!

BTW, I can see you are using your time wisely these days. ;) *hehe*

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Wacom Tablet pic

Postby Mave » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:15 pm

Hi everyone,

yes, I made a decision and purchase an expensive Wacom tablet. XD After playing around with it for an hour or two, I must say, it isn't as easy as it looks. LOL

Anyway, this is my first sketch from the tablet. I would like to get a higher resolution on it or smoother lines. Any tips from anyone or can anyone give me a link to tablet sketching tips? I'm pretty sure I'm missing some shortcuts and techniques that can make this better. XD

I'll play around with coloring soon. ^__^

*goes on to bug Inky for tips* hehe
Mave

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:17 pm

i like them all. very nicely done, mave.
wait a second. a couple posts up, third picture, isn't that the dude from rurouni kenshin? the one who never stops smiling!!!??? oh man, it has to be. argh, i need to watch my rurouni kenshin episodes again!!! what was his name!!?!!?! but all the same, i like the rurouni kenshin ones. i recognize them, and so, i have bonded with them - :hug:
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Holla Kenshin fans!

Postby Mave » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:59 pm

Hello everyone!

I haven't drawn for a while (like 2-3 weeks) and I'm currently trying to be more active on my Deviant Art account. Note "trying". LOL I'm thinking of posting my artstuff at DA from now on instead of here since my artworks are all over CAA! 0.o It's hard to keep track.

Anyway, in this post, I want to share a drawing of Enishi and Tomoe Yukishiro that I labored over the whole afternoon, I like it and hope everyone likes it too. ^^ I'm getting the hang of my Wacom tablet and it certainly has made coloring so much easier for me. At the moment, I'm focusing on solid colors, trying to imitate what you would expect from cel animation.

The original pencil outline was done in a few years ago. I was trying to get a nice effect on the hair but somehow it didn't turn out right. 0.o But in general, I'm pleased with how the colors worked out with each other. Still, I think the hands/body of Tomoe seem a little too small........................

Erm, ok, I'll shut up now and let others give me their criticisms and feedback.

PS: I've also attached a Sasuke fanart I did yesterday. All these pics are posted at my DA account. Hope Sasuke fans like this one. ^^
Mave

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:10 pm

Hummmmm.....

Have we already meet? Is so, Hi! If not, well..hi anyways :lol:

Your art is very nice and clean, very sophisticated. I really like your pen & ink work.

I hpoe to see more of your art soon, also, don't try to mimic cell animation too much. Mind you that one cell is mostly only going to be up on the screen for 1/24th of a second (24 frames per second is the usual frame rate for traditional 2D animation), so the cel colorist doesn't have to worry too much about making the still look great, just good enough to catch the viewers eye for that breif moment in time. Instead, try focusing more on your midtone, your shadows, and your highlights (Very important to keep the image from looking too flat).

But like I said, your good. I'll be visiting here more frequently. :thumb:
God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:50 am

I would just like to say that I was very impressed with the two most recent pictures. The cell shading attempt worked rather well, in my mind.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:26 am

Hello Archan,

No, I believe we haven't really met before so, Hi! *shakes hands* Nice to meet you and welcome to my thread. ^^

Thanks for your thoughts on the cell animation. I guess what I was aiming for was those lovely anime art you see in artbooks rather than actual cells using in animation. I shall take your suggestions in full consideration and thank you for your kind words! XD

UC, all I have to say is "Thanks!!!" *glomps* XD

To all whom have replied, I shall keep working harder so stay tuned! :thumb:
Mave

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:41 am

Nice stuff! I was laughing so hard at the Kenshin stuff; I want my math homework invaded too!! The computer work looks good too. I don't know anything about using that stuff, but what you've done looks great! :thumb:
Aka-chan

Postby inkhana » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:48 pm

Oooh, lovely as usual, Mave! I especially like the Enishi and Tomoe pic.

Cel-style coloring with a tablet is great, no? LOL

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:59 pm

Great work as always, Mave! XDXD I'm finally commenting - I know, I know it took me long enough, ne? *hehe*

You're really getting the hang of that Wacom tablet. ^__^

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner