July Coloring Contest!!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Scribs » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:43 pm

Here it is in all its glory! My interpertation was that the guy was falling into the mouth of a huge man named Cliff.

Ha ha! this one is a winner for sure!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:52 pm

You never cease to freak me out, Pilowswine. :wow!: Glad you made the deadline, I think...
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:04 pm

As usual, I am astounded, Piloswine. I love the dude at the bottom! :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:15 pm

Aww, thanks for the kind words everyone! Now I'm starting to feel a bit guilty about being so hard on my entry :sweat:

And Piloswine, my mind is boggled, as always. In a positive, thought provoking way, I think...:eyebrow:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby olorc » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:45 pm

ok, it's that time again everyone.
gather round.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd the winner is: Creature Art!!!
way to go. props to photosoph for trying something very original and new with that wordy entry. Excellent. Eso... almost... pretty good for half done. Lizrd queen, well done, most other months that would have won, but CA's just looked more like water in my opinion.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:13 pm

Curses! Foiled again!

I will get you next time... next time...

(and congratulations CA too.)
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:11 pm

Thanks, Olorc!
Yay -go CreatureArt! Congrats sis, and congrats everyone else -all the entries looked so cool this month. It was great to work with this month's pic; so much room for creativity. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:27 pm

olorc wrote:Lizrd queen, well done, most other months that would have won, but CA's just looked more like water in my opinion.

Eh?? Hmmm... *goes back and looks at both again.* Psst, LQ! Yours looks more like water to me. CA's seems more like a heavy particulate fog...but, I'm not the judge. :lol: Anyway, congrats CA! Even if I don't think it looks as much like water, don't mean it ain't look coolin'. ...Wait, did that just make sense? :eh:
Esoteric

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:40 pm

Congrats Creatureart! :grin:

I kinda figured it would be you and Photosoph going head to head, since unfortunately, time seems to be working against Eso and I. I do agree with Eso on the fog vs. water front, but I think I'm a wee bit biased :sweat:

CA's does look so awesome though. It just oozes atmosphere and I can tell she put alot of time into finishing it. And the background, the hole and the ambient lighting are simply amazing ^_^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:33 pm

I reckon it was a hard one to judge this time -personally I too felt LQ's looked more like water, but I think each entry had a lot of good stuff going for it; it must've been really hard to judge this month's comp. :eh:
Well, I'd better get to fixing up my siggie then. ^_^ Usually it takes me a while to update it, but I thought I'd get onto it quickly this time. :)
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:41 pm

Thanks, everyone. :)

Oh, and I haven't given kudos to Piloswine for his entry yet! Its awesome. Cliff in particular was a great touch. ^_^

Whoa... it seemed like a very close competition this month. I hope to see everyone at next month's competition!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Previous

Return to Art Corner