Talame's Sketches

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Talame's Sketches

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:55 am

In anticipation of the new scanner my brother bought me ( :hug: I love my brother!), I am starting up my own little art thread. However, since it hasn't arrived yet I shall have to entertain you with my old sketches. Creative criticism is greatly appreciated.

Picture 1: This is my first (yes, absolutely first) anime style drawing EVER. This was done about 2 or so years ago (if memory serves me correctly). Yes, I realise the proportions are way off (esp the hands), but I thought it fitting for the first picture here to be my first one ;)

Picture 2: No, this isn't my second ;) This is a picture of a griffon (sp?) that I drew, again 2 or so years ago. The wings are flimsily attatched, but o well.

Picture 3: These are hopelessly out of order, but I kinda like this one so up it goes. I had a drawing spree 1 1/2 yrs ago... and yes, you guessed it, angels soon convered alot of my art book.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hephzibah

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:10 am

Your drawings, Talame, are pretty good. All of them are actually better than mine. :grin:
You should keep it up - you're pretty good. I especially loved the griffon (you can also spell it gryphon or griffen). I've seen different people spell it like that over the years).
bigsleepj

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:21 am

XD Thanks BSJ! I do plan on keeping it up... perhaps even making a web-manga if God leads me to do so.
Hephzibah

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:22 am

Good luck to your webmanga, then.
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:31 am

Great sketches Talame! I especially like the mysteriousness of the archangel!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:50 am

Thanks W4J! I have another angel somewhere in my comp...
*goes and searches the deep dark places of Talame's computer*
Hephzibah

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:51 am

Got any more....gryphons? :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:54 pm

No more griffons sorry, but I found the other angel picture. I really like the wings on this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hephzibah

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:34 pm

*Talame, fighting off the phantoms of deleted programs, unwanted viruses and the like, manages to pinpoint the angel picture, hidden in the dank, dark depths of her computer.*
Sorry, I felt inspired. :sweat: :lol:
Those pictures are really good; I like the way even your first anime pic looks so great. Even though the hands are a little too small, like you said, the character stil looks good. ^_^ I like your griffin/griffon/gryphon/griffen/gryfen... don't let me go on. -__-" I think I compiled a pretty good list of different spelling variations on my elfwood gallery, though... everything from griffin and griffin to griphon and gryphen. Anyway, your griff looks really good! I really like his pose -it gives him heaps of character. And your angels are so cool! I like the four-wing design, and the fact that they don't have any features makes them look mysterious, as W4J said. Excellently done. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:44 pm

Nice sketches indeed. They already show some subtle rhythm lines; a good sign.
Esoteric

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:47 pm

What are subtle rhythm lines matie? (btw, thanks for the compliment)
Hephzibah

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:45 pm

The illusive rhythm line...it's kinda hard to describe them out of context, but I'll try. Rhythm lines are of great importance when drawing the dynamic human figure because they make the difference between a static, flat looking posture and a fluid, eye-catching one.

To take an example: Ancient Egyptian statues have no rhythm lines, while Greek statues typically do because many of them use a 'contrapposto' pose. What's contrapposto you ask? Ever notice in Greek statues how the shoulder and hips are tilted in opposite directions, giving the body a curve? That's contrapposto and it creates a rythm line; an arch in the body. Rhythm lines can be reinforced by the position and curve of arms and legs to give the body a strong feeling of supple energy or motion even when it's standing still.

Rythm lines are a very important consideration when drawing living things, from people to animals to trees. When you understand them, they can make your pictures come alive. Your first two sketches have a subtle feeling of unified motion, and that's very good. I've seen lots of people's drawings where their subjects look like disjointed rag dolls, because they don't understand the movement of the body as a whole. But you clearly have a basic feel for it, even if you aren't conciously aware of it yet.

<stuffs fist in mouth and runs off> I rambled way too long, sorry!! >
Esoteric

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:11 pm

O ok! Thanks for that matie... btw, I don't mind rambling. I do it all the time!! XD

Anyway, time for some more pictures!
picture 1: An elf lady. I guess I drew it around the time of LOTR ;)

Picture 2: I don't think this is original... I think what happened was I saw a hair design I really liked, and hence I tried to copy it.

Picture 3: Two little chibis! Apparently the lady is meant to look like Rita ;)
Hephzibah

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:47 pm

Wow!! Those are really good!! I didn't know you could draw!! I absolutely adore teh chibis! They're SO cute!! I really like your elf-girl, too! LOTR rules! XD Anyways, good job! Keep drawing!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Syreth » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:57 am

Hey again! I was wondering if I'd ever see any of your drawings and I guess I got my wish! They are all very good! I like them all, although I was straining to see some of the lines. Were those last ones more recent?
Syreth

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:19 am

Oo, I can't believe I missed this thread! And wow, Esoteric knows alot :wow!:

I'm really liking the clean simplicity of your work and like the others, I'm really impressed by the linework. Mebbe I'm insane, but some of your stuff reminds me of the FFX concept art (oo, I need to figure out that artist's name..) The subject matter is very interesting too, so pretty. And I absolutely love your way of drawing wings ^_^

Photosoph wrote:I like your griffin/griffon/gryphon/griffen/gryfen... don't let me go on.
Um, I kinda think it's gryphon. Prolly 'cause I think that's how Nambroth spells it and she's incredimazing on the gryphon art front </plug> :sweat:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Hephzibah » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:24 am

Rurouni_Kaoru wrote:Wow!! Those are really good!! I didn't know you could draw!! I absolutely adore teh chibis! They're SO cute!! I really like your elf-girl, too! LOTR rules! XD Anyways, good job! Keep drawing!

XD Thanks Kaoru! I definitely will keep on drawing :grin: It's lots of fun!

Syreth wrote:Hey again! I was wondering if I'd ever see any of your drawings and I guess I got my wish! They are all very good! I like them all, although I was straining to see some of the lines. Were those last ones more recent?

No, all of these ones are atleast a year old... or perhaps 2 yrs old. My memory isn't the best XD O, and I haven't learned how to ink things yet, so sorry bout the faintness of the lines

the_lizardqueen wrote:Oo, I can't believe I missed this thread! And wow, Esoteric knows alot :wow!:

I'm really liking the clean simplicity of your work and like the others, I'm really impressed by the linework. Mebbe I'm insane, but some of your stuff reminds me of the FFX concept art (oo, I need to figure out that artist's name..) The subject matter is very interesting too, so pretty. And I absolutely love your way of drawing wings ^_^

I haven't seen any FFX concept art, but I'll take it as a compliment ;) hehe

Ok, some more pics:

Picture 1: A CAT!!! Need I say more? ;)

Picture 2: I used a picture on the Psychoteers website for this one. Basically, I wanted to draw a picture for a friend's birthday.

Anyway, I am out of old pictures now (atleast the ones I scanned in). So, I am going to have to wait for the new scanner to arrive before I post more... until then, I could always put up my old wallpapers! :P
Hephzibah

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:38 am

Hi Talame! You're back! The 1st picture is a very good cat (the mouth could use a little work though) and the 2nd drawing is very good also. Well done!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:52 am

Oo, that's such an awesome gesture drawing of the cat. You really suceeded in making the pose look natural. An' I totally love the expression on the girl's face, nice job on the human anatomy too (I think human anatomy ish hard).
Coolness! ^_^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:36 pm

HELLO ALL! XD The scanner arrived today
*glomps big brother for buying her it*

Anyway, here is a picture that I scanned in to see if the thing was working, and surprise surprise it does! XD YAY! Btw, try to guess who the charming little angel is :D
Hephzibah

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:48 pm

Cool pic! *grins* I'm really glad to see your scanner is working, too. ^_^ Don't forget to glomp your bro, or if he's not the glomping type, send him along a big thank you from me. It's great that we'll be able to see more of your work!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby HikariChan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:45 am

Great art~

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Rita » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:01 am

Talame wrote:it.

Picture 3: Two little chibis! Apparently the lady is meant to look like Rita ]

Hehe, it's me again! I don't look that evil do I? :P

Basically, I wanted to draw a picture for a friend's birthday

Oi! I didn't get a pic for my birthday! XD
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-5
Rita

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:10 am

It was for TIFFANY'S Birthday XD You didn't ask for a picture for your bday
(neither did she, but that's besides the point :P)

Anyway, after a long day of scanning stuff, I have a few pics to put up!

Picture 1: Dontchya just love teddies?
2: Tamborine! And cat paws!! A great pairing that
3: girl! Don't I come up with original names? Anyway, this was sketched from an anime picture, so I can't say the concept or look is mine. Alot of the ones I'll be putting up here will be such pictures, but a few months ago I began to draw unreferenced pictures; I'll let you know when we get to those. (You should be able to notice the difference anyway XD)

Edit: Btw, sorry if these pictures are faint. I'm going to be going over the pictures I haven't scanned with a darker pencil, so hopefully that will make a difference.
Hephzibah

Postby Markus » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:10 am

These are very well done indeed!
I personally have little to no drawing talent, but i can say that this is a set! Cause, ya know... they look cool and all...

DANCING BANANA!!! :dance:
Imperfect.
Flawed.
Forgiven.
Markus

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:40 am

XD Thanks matie! Anyway, here are a few more:

1: Another girl. I really liked this picture; though the scan doesnt really give it justice.
2: ANOTHER girl XD One of my first attempts to draw unreferenced
3: ... you guessed it... this one is referenced though; can't remember what picture I copied it from though.
Hephzibah

Postby kryptech » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:48 am

You've got some great drawings! I think the first angel is one of my favourite.

Scanners rock! One of the nice things about a scanner is that you can adjust, touch up, and colour drawings on the computer. ß-)

Keep up the good work.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Mave » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:00 pm

Nice pics~ X3 Yeah, I agree, your scanner doesn't do them justice.
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:40 pm

I really like the way you draw your people; the girls you've drawn have a nice, flowy feel.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:12 pm

XD Thanks everyone!

Anyway, here are some more girls. I can't remmeber where picture 1 + 2 came from, but #3 is copied from art from Fire Emblem
Hephzibah

Next

Return to Art Corner