Kewl Girl 16's art thread

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Kewl Girl » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:23 pm

Okay never mind that...
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
:jump: "I say BOO to lust, and DOWN with "hot"!!" :jump: , a quote from Felix.

I suppose I should be puttin this in here to although I dont have much on it yet: http://kewlgirl.deviantart.com/
Kewl Girl

Location: In front of my computer with my headphones on, trying to drown out the world around me..

Postby Kewl Girl » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:48 pm

Photosoph wrote:Yay! Pictures! :dance: ....@_@
Wow! Your drawings look great! They're even better than I anticipated. ^_^
THANKS!! I think...

Well done! Hmm... now to click on the second pic... *moves mouse* *gets mouse over pic* *knocks mouse* *has to get it over pic again* *waits for new window to pop up* *waits for pic to load* <- Lol, j/k.
:grin: :grin:
Wow... love your detail on the robot head/mobile suit/whatchamacallit. You've got really good contrast, expression, and good strong outlines. Nice sense of movement in the hair too.

Yeah, I was originally gonna do Kira from Gundam seed, but I didnt like the way he looked in the picture so I changed him.... :grin:

And these pictures look kind of funny because of my cheap scanner.

Alright Im going to try posting this drawing againg and see if it works... :sweat:
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

I suppose I should be puttin this in here to although I dont have much on it yet: http://kewlgirl.deviantart.com/
Kewl Girl

Location: In front of my computer with my headphones on, trying to drown out the world around me..

Postby Photosoph » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:51 am

Cool! Yes, I meant that in a good way. In other words, I'd been anticipating it to be good, but it was even better than I'd expected. Which is a big compliment, since I thought it would be good in the first place.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Kewl Girl » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:06 pm

Well, thanks then. :lol: Im trying to get up some more pictures but so far it hasnt been working, which is really wierd because the first 2 worked.

Darn it, I hope this one finally works. :mutter:

Okay so it didnt... Oh well, I guess It was cool that I was able to get the first 2 up anyways.

I guess the next few will just have to wait.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Kewl Girl » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:53 pm

I think I figured out the problem.. I hope. :sweat:
Yep, it worked!! The second drawing isnt really anything special, just a doodle, but the first one I might be putting in my portfolio once I fix it up a bit more. So if theres anything anyone sees wrong with it PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Angelchick » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:14 pm

i don't see anything wrong with it. they both look good and the second one is cute.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby David » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:20 pm

Woa!Those are both really good!You put me to such shame.
David

Postby Mave » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:24 pm

Ahhh I smell potential, pls keep it up! :thumb:
Mave

Postby Kewl Girl » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:15 pm

Thanks!! :jump:

Here are some old ones.... there pretty bad, but I figured since their on my computer anyways... :sweat: The first one is on note book paper, so it might be hard to see. The second one.... well my sister likes Pretear... so since the comic was sitting in my room... Anyways... heres those. :thumb:
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Photosoph » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:21 pm

I really like them both, but I guess the second one is my fav. ^_^ It's so small! But you can still see all the details. I love his smile and I like the way you've done their clothes, though only a small portion is visible. I especially like his gloves. Well done!

<EDIT>D'oh! I was talking about the ones above the pics above this post. ^_^" You must've posted just before me but I didn't notice.

I love the pics above me too! I haven't seen Pretear, but I really love the second pic. I also think your archer looks great; yes, one hand looks slightly too small, but the clothes and the whoel archer looks excellent and I love all the detail.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:04 pm

Your artwork looks really awesome! I love it!

I'm glad that you did manage to post your work in the end after all. :) . Keep up the good drawings!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Sun May 01, 2005 2:38 pm

Good stuff. As Mave said you have a lot of potential. Do you want a crittique of your stuff?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kewl Girl » Mon May 09, 2005 9:09 pm

That Dude wrote:Good stuff. As Mave said you have a lot of potential. Do you want a crittique of your stuff?

No. I want everyone in the world to say that my drawings are the absolute best in the universe and that I coulnt possibly improve because Im so supper terrific.

:eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

(JK!!!!)

YES I WANT CRITIQUE!!!!!!! I LOVE CRITIQUE!!!!! :jump: :jump: WITHOUT IT I CANT IMPROVE MUCH NOW CAN I!!! :sweat:

I LOVE critique!!! I know that Im not perfect, and without people poining out my weak point than it can kinda get hard to improve.

I found some stuff wrong myself with them already, but if anyone sees anything I want them to point it out so that I can fix it. Like I said some of theses things are going in my portfolio for college, so either I get them fixed now or I dont make it later. :sweat: That would be really bad.

So if you guys notice ANYTHING wrong, PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby That Dude » Tue May 10, 2005 10:40 am

Ok on the picture of the girl with the bow and arrows the left arm is kinda off. It looks shorter than the right arm. You can make the arm look a bent a bit and it should fix that problem. It's a really good pic but the left arm just needs some foreshortening. I'll do more critiquing as you post more k?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby anime4christ » Tue May 10, 2005 11:51 am

:thumb: :thumb: your art is great!
My signiture (lol) clicky

anime4christ

Postby Sakura15 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:01 pm

Awesome Art!!! :thumb:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Kewl Girl » Tue May 17, 2005 9:40 pm

I feel so bad for not posting anything... but I havent drawn anything for a while... heres some old stuff though.. Its not the best.. and its not scanned well...and the last one is really small...but oh well.... :sweat:
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Kewl Girl » Tue May 17, 2005 9:44 pm

Oh, and dont worry about critiquing these or whatever...I would have thrown them away except I always keep all my drawings .. even if I dont like them. It helps me to see where I still need work. If you want to anways feel free though...
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue May 17, 2005 9:49 pm

Those are great Kewl Girl! Nothing wrong with the 1st two pics but the in the third the girl's bust is too big. Other than that - awesome stuff!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Kewl Girl » Tue May 17, 2005 9:51 pm

Dude... thats her arm.. Heheh... Guess I should make my lines a little darker next time..
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue May 17, 2005 10:02 pm

No, I'm not talking about her arm, I can see that.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Photosoph » Wed May 18, 2005 6:37 pm

Great! I really like these pictures. I like how you've got all those different poses looking really good. Can't think of much to critique on at this point in time.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Angelchick » Wed May 18, 2005 9:33 pm

nice drawings. i don't think the girls bust is too big. it just might look that way depending on how you look at the pic.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Kewl Girl » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:55 am

Heres a pic. I drew a few days ago.... its not very good, :sweat: :sweat: but I havent really drawn much latley so this is about it.
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Syreth » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:19 pm

Nice job on your pics, I like them all. The only thing I could see that you could work on maybe is your clothing folds. Who knows, maybe I'm mistaken, but I need to work on those as well. But other than that, very nice. Don't worry about the notebook paper. I have an old notepad that I have purposed to fill up with drawings.
Syreth

Postby holysoldier5000 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:30 pm

Cool Art Work!
Live your life, love the Lord, and don't forget to laugh...
holysoldier5000

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:06 pm

Aw man, Kewlgirl, don't say that! :sweat: :grin: Your 'not very good' might be other peoples' 'excellent'! :jump: And I say it looks excellent. As well as everything else, I really love the looking up... um... relaxed, dreaming, thinking sort of pose. Can't think of the right word but I think you know what I mean. That pose is excellent!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:51 am

Wow - that latest picture looks awesome, Kewlgirl!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kewl Girl » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:21 am

Photosoph wrote:Aw man, Kewlgirl, don't say that! :sweat: :grin: Your 'not very good' might be other peoples' 'excellent'! :jump: And I say it looks excellent. As well as everything else, I really love the looking up... um... relaxed, dreaming, thinking sort of pose. Can't think of the right word but I think you know what I mean. That pose is excellent!

Well my sister said it was really bad and that she didnt like it. :sweat: So I thought there must have been something wrong with it that I was kinda missing. :sweat: I like it though anyways. It may not be one of the best Ive ever drawn but Its one of my favorites anyways. :thumb:

Syreth wrote:Nice job on your pics, I like them all. The only thing I could see that you could work on maybe is your clothing folds. Who knows, maybe I'm mistaken, but I need to work on those as well. But other than that, very nice.

Ahhhhh!! :wow!: :wow!: He found my weakness!! :sweat: Yeah, I never could figure out how to do the folds right. Im trying to find a book or somehting to help but so far Ive had no luck. :sweat: So Im not sure what Im going to do with that yet.
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Syreth » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:57 pm

Something I've heard that might be good to try (I need to try this as well), is to drape a towel over random objects (chairs, etc.) and draw the folds of the towel. Something else that might be good to try for us that are clothing fold inept is to draw clothing folds from real photographs to get a feel for the nature of different types of fabric (silky, stiff, tight, loose, etc.). Who knows! It just might work. The trick for me is to just discipline myself to do it. Don't even kid yourself though, Kewl. Your stuff looks really great.
Syreth

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner