I know you guys like pirates of the carribean but what about T3?

Talk about anything in here.

I know you guys like pirates of the carribean but what about T3?

Postby firestorm » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:17 pm

I love pirates of the carribean (am I spelling this right?) but what do you think about T3: Rise of the Machines. I really thought that movie was good, and Arnold did a very good job.

P.S. Did you know when they measured Arnold for the movie, he had the exact same measurements as In T2:Judgement Day.
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Stephen » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:24 pm

I am going to see T3 as soon as I can. I look forward to it.
Stephen

Postby Rashiir » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:47 pm

I thought it was awesome. I even went to see the premiere and did not at all regret it. Arnold is the coolest ever!
Rashiir

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:05 pm

I'm all with Rashiir here -- T3 was excellent, and Arnold was back in fine form. My dad was disgusted he looked that good (my dad and Arnold are roughly the same age ;-).

It also had a healthy side current of humour (the spoof of the T2 bar scene was a riot -- including the sunglasses!), but it still managed to be an excellent action flick.

I will agree with StPete that Robert Patrick was a better villain (the T-X was really just a T1000 with sex appeal), but she was still nasty enough for the role, and this was really Arnold's movie, anyway. I did like Nick Stahl, however. I'm not really sure who would have been a better choice for John.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Shinja » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:09 pm

yes t3 owned big time. i need to rewatch the others so i can see which one was better. but theres just somthing cool about robots fighting.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby madphilb » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:19 pm

I still haven't seen T3 yet, but I think that T2 will stand (in my mind at least) as the best of them. Unlike the 1st one which was mostly a sci-fi/horror film (or maybe the other way around), and don't forget the overly detailed sex scene. T2 had more substance (not that T1 was bad for what it was).

I'm thinking if I can get done early enough with my route on Saturday I might see two movies... the problem being there is three I want to see.

Oh well.

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Shinja » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:24 pm

i actully think they could combine both the terminator movies and the matrixs movies into one story. the terminator is about how the machines take over and the matrix is about how the machines get owned. ;)
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby firestorm » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:34 pm

I'm not sure if they should mix the Terminator movies with the Matrix movies, but it would be fun to watch Arnold fight Neo. Or both be on the same team. My favorite part of T3 was the car scene.
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Spencer » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:42 pm

It was fair. I thought it was a lot like 2, and 2 was overall much better. Robert Patrick was cooler than the T-X, but Arnold was just as cool as he always was. The bar scene was pretty funny, but I didn't particularly love it.
:)
Spencer

Postby Gypsy » Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:33 pm

(jumps in and pretends she's not the only girl in this thread)

Well, Aaron made me watch the first 2 Terminator movies about 3 months ago, and I liked them quite a lot. I thought T3 was excellent. (As an admin, I have to cover my butt and be sure to say that I am not recommending this to younger viewers - but to people who have seen the first 2 and know full well what the contents of the movie will be.) Actually ... I got carded when I went to buy my ticket. Guess I don't look over 17.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:20 pm

Spencer wrote:It was fair. I thought it was a lot like 2, and 2 was overall much better. Robert Patrick was cooler than the T-X, but Arnold was just as cool as he always was. The bar scene was pretty funny, but I didn't particularly love it.

[color=darkgreen]Robert Patrick made an AWESOME villain...and Gypsy, you're not the only girl in the thread anymore...]

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:02 pm

> Aaron made me watch the first 2 Terminator movies

I am truly overwhelmed by your sufferings. :grin:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Stephen » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:33 pm

*Did not get carded* saw Pirates and T3 today...both are pretty good.
Stephen

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:03 pm

Well, with all that white hair on your avatar, who would even *think* to card you? ;)

shooraijin

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:01 pm

lol...yeah I am really 50 ya know....
Stephen

Postby Retten » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:27 pm

T3 was really good it had all the same non stop action you would expect like the others with a good amount of comedy to and am i the only one or did you all also notice that the ending hinted allot that there is going to be another sequel

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Return to General