I wish.

Talk about anything in here.

I wish.

Postby LecktheTech » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:26 pm

I've seen other forums, and they were so busy. People making new threads left and right, people in chat, and so on...
Even though I've not been here long, I wish this place was alive...
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Re: I wish.

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:50 am

Other christian anime forums?

A lot of people lurk, so try a few topic threads to lure them out. Last anime season was... not particularly impressive, and not much happened globally (as far as sanctioned CAA topics) to draw comment. If 2016 makes a wave, CAA might ride it.
Rusty Claymore

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:19 am

That would be nice to see.

LecktheTech

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:26 am

Rusty Claymore wrote:Other christian anime forums?

A lot of people lurk, so try a few topic threads to lure them out.

Sounds like fishing.

LecktheTech

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:38 am

LecktheTech wrote:
Rusty Claymore wrote:Other christian anime forums?

A lot of people lurk, so try a few topic threads to lure them out.

Sounds like fishing.

In my experience there's not much difference between the two.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:48 am

You get a bigger sense of accomplishment from catching lurkers, but they don't taste nearly as good.
Rusty Claymore

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:18 pm

The average user would be a boot then?

LecktheTech

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Probably a kettle.
Rusty Claymore

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:57 pm

In which case then...a lunker would be...hmmmm...

LecktheTech

Postby Kaori » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:44 pm

*A wild lurkekarp appeared!*

I understand what you mean, and it's nice to see someone trying. I'm not much of one for making new threads myself, but it would be nice to see some more discussion around here.

In the past, we had some users who would do the footwork to provide some solid content as the basis for discussion, like the still-ongoing seasonal anime threads, the mangaka spotlight threads, the manga of the month readership circle, and so on. But sometimes all it takes is a good question or two. Speaking of which . . .

Have any thoughts on what kind of discussion you would like to see?
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby LecktheTech » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:56 am

The type of topics that I would be personally interested in would be disscussions of content in an anime/manga, a more active recommendations thread, threads on etc. That's just what I would like to see. I enjoy discussions and the like.

My parents are not too keen on some of the messages in anime, and honestly, they should be. I have to look far and wide to find an anime that is fairly clean(from fanservice), and so I recently had posted a thread on Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace asking if anyone had seen it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish that I might be able to get a bit more of a response, although I don't mean that no one has been paying attention, or anything.

LecktheTech

Postby LecktheTech » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Kaori wrote: But sometimes all it takes is a good question or two. Speaking of which . . .

I have a few things that I've been thinking over, have to post them later.

LecktheTech

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:26 pm

LecktheTech wrote:The type of topics that I would be personally interested in would be disscussions of content in an anime/manga, a more active recommendations thread, threads on etc. That's just what I would like to see. I enjoy discussions and the like.

If you're outside the US economic region, it might be hard to keep up with current anime which would now be what most recommendations consist of. I'm more than happy to comment on content, but I'm stubborn enough about controversial topics that I'm not interested in starting a thread to ask for someone else's opinion (especially since I'm just so good at coming up with them on my own. >_0)
My parents are not too keen on some of the messages in anime, and honestly, they should be.

Do you mean they shouldn't be? There are no messages in anime/manga that you can't find in Hollywood. Except maybe that some Dads are really cool. Anime isn't a genre, it's a medium which contains genre, and therefore carries many and varied messages, often conflicting ones. Anyways, this could make it's own thread so I'll stop ranting. >_<
I have to look far and wide to find an anime that is fairly clean(from fanservice), and so I recently had posted a thread on Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace asking if anyone had seen it.
I haven't seen Laplace, but start a "Fan-service-less" thread and I'll line some up for you *cough*Non-Non Byori*cough*. (The word Laplace sounds... fan-servicey to me. But that doesn't really mean anything as far as content goes.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish that I might be able to get a bit more of a response, although I don't mean that no one has been paying attention, or anything.
[/quote] I've found recently it takes 1-2 weeks for everyone current to check in. Before there were more young, school types here, but I think we all grew up and became college or society slaves, and have much less regular time. (Or larger social circles. Not sure about that, I only ever have social lines.)

Overall, you are active enough that people know you'll answer a response to your thread, so you have a good chance of getting a good discussion going. Looking forward to it. >_<
Rusty Claymore

Postby LecktheTech » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks for writing all that!
Rusty Claymore wrote:
LecktheTech wrote:
My parents are not too keen on some of the messages in anime, and honestly, they should be.

Do you mean they shouldn't be?

What I mean is that they should be(as in, yes, there is things to watch out for) I would say that they are being a little hard on anime, as you pointed out that Hollywood has the same messages...And a note on the anime I mentioned, I'm almost dead sure I misspelled somthing. Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace is the title as given on myanimelist.net. It was listed as similar to Death Note, so I was curious.

LecktheTech

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:40 pm

I try to post here and there, but between working two jobs and college, it just isn't the best use of my time. I think this is a great forum, and I hope it remains active (at least partially active) for years to come, but right now I just can't really contribute...

I feel like allot of us here are probably over eighteen and have to deal with "real life" issues and what not, hence the inactivity.

Anyways (since you're a new member), welcome to CAA! I hope you enjoy it here :)
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:45 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:I try to post here and there, but between working two jobs and college, it just isn't the best use of my time. I think this is a great forum, and I hope it remains active (at least partially active) for years to come, but right now I just can't really contribute...

I feel like allot of us here are probably over eighteen and have to deal with "real life" issues and what not, hence the inactivity.

Anyways (since you're a new member), welcome to CAA! I hope you enjoy it here :)

Real Life....the curse that takes us all. :p
Still, at least you'll find there's a lot more lurkers than there seems.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby ADXC » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Well just go back about 10 years in time and you would have seen this place was once very active and such. In fact, you can still go back and look at all the archives.

Also, please note you can edit your posts in order to respond to multiple people at once instead of making multiple posts one after the other.
ADXC

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:22 am

Ten years? I've only been here 3 years going on four and I remember when the place was booming. That said, a lot of people who used to be active here either got busy or disappeared altogether. CAA took a dive in activity about a year or more ago, and hasn't yet recovered. I fear it'll take a new wave of newcomers to really get the place moving again. As Thunder said, a lot of us have been overtaken by life. I try to be on some, but it slips my mind more often than not, and I don't contribute nearly as much as I used to. I hope the place gets moving again for you! CAA really can be a great place.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:36 pm

Seems to me that if you want active discussion about anime and Christianity than you should take it over to Beneath the Tangles rather than try to revive this site. CAA is just an obscure meetup for the remaining lurkers and couple of people who post in the one or two consistently active threads.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby ADXC » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Sure three years ago it was pretty active, but it was rather crazy when I joined up in 07.
I think it's been more of a steady decline than just all at once.
ADXC

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:40 pm

I can say that I lurk a lot now, but that's mostly due to a work schedule that allows me very little time to watch full anime series. I haven't finished any series in a while. 40+ hour work weeks and hobbies that took me out of the house have slowed my anime consumption a lot at least for the moment but I'm trying to be more reactive currently, since things are slowing down.

Also I noticed someone say that a lot of us are over 18. A decent number of the longer lasting members are actually in their mid to late twenties now, and from personal experience I can say that that brings a whole new set of responsibilities.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby John_Smith » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:17 am

LecktheTech wrote:I've seen other forums, and they were so busy. People making new threads left and right, people in chat, and so on...
Even though I've not been here long, I wish this place was alive...

I’ve been mulling over what to write in this thread, but I thing for now I’ll just say this:
LecktheTech, you’re not the only one.

Oh, and for you lurkers out there:

John_Smith

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:06 am

Not that my posts were ever really interesting or inspiring, my full time work and family commitments on most days means I usually have only an hour or two of personal time.

Because I want to improve my drawing and painting skills, I've been using most of my free time on those activities (but still a newbie).

So my apologies for not being active...

Oh and John Smith, that animated Gandalf image cracks me up. :)
Sammy Boy

Return to General