Chores

Talk about anything in here.

Chores

Postby Druxcian » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 pm

I live in a 5-person family, so chores are kind of stretched out:
I feed the dogs and let them outside, sort/fold socks, occasionally vacuum, and clean the bird cage every week. I also dust a lot, but I don't really have to be told to because layers of dust on a table or TV screen will really start to bother me.

But vacuuming.. vacuuming is the bane of my existence. I go Hulk when I vacuum; something about it just irks me so much. If you see me vacuuming, avoid even minor interaction and run far far away. :stressed:

Least favorite chores? Or even favorite?
"Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Druxcian

Postby AliceLink96 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:01 pm

I really hate doing the dishes lol its just so tedious and boring!! Lol
AliceLink96

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I hate vacuuming. And having to nag my younger siblings to move shoes and toys and such out of my way so I can get it done doesn't help either.
Banana Lobster

Postby Vii » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Huh, I quite like vacuuming. It's kind of relaxing. XD

I don't like doing the dishes, though, especially putting the dirty ones in (eiw.)

I also like doing a full room clean out every few weekends. (organizing, putting things away, vacuuming, doing laundry/putting it away, making my bed, taking out all the things that have migrated under the bed...) I dunno why, I just find it fun.
Vii

Postby HarleyQuinnOy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:48 am

I utterly hate cleaning the shower!! And yes I am 21 and still have chores lol, as long as I live at home I will :)
[color="Pink"]It can't rain all the time[/color]
HarleyQuinnOy

Postby Sammy Boy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:57 am

When I lived with my parents, I usually did the dishes and vacuuming. I also cleaned my own rooms, but that doesn't really count - since it's cleaning my own stuff.

Now that I'm married, there's only two of us to split the chores, so I usually take out the garbage, hang the laundry / fold clothes, clean the balcony, wash the dishes, set the table for dinner, sterilise the baby's bottles, change the baby's nappies, help with bottle feeding, and help with bathing the baby.

Sometimes it gets tiring, especially after an intense day at work.

But that's life. :0
Sammy Boy

Postby Cap'n Nick » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:58 am

These days I find all chores pretty annoying. I have a pretty low-maintenance apartment, but any time spent cleaning it feels like time taken away from something fun or useful.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 am

When I lived on my own, everything. You never really appreciate how nice it is to share some of that responsibility until you have to shoulder it all yourself.

When I was at home, I made dinner most nights, mopped the floors, dusted the 'chandelier' and ceilings, washed or dried the dishes (traded off between me and my bro), helped with the laundry, and picked up my room.

Chore I liked the most: washing dishes. Least: scrubbing the toilet (when I was at home, I could trade my bro a chore that he hated in turn si I wouldn't have to do do it)
Atria35

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 am

I hate doing the dishes, but not nearly as much as I hate cleaning up after my cats. >_<
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:05 pm

I actually rather enjoy cleaning chores... but only after the state of things has gotten really bad so the results are very obvious. xD;

Otherwise, yeah, any and all chores get pretty boring/annoying.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm cleaning everything in the house right now. I hate doing laundry.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Any chore that prevents me from listening to my shuffle is annoying, right up front. I'm also not too fond of being on my knees, but now I tend to do that to avoid sciatic nerve pain, anyhow, so... I guess I'm getting used to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby goldenspines » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm

I, er, like cleaning. >_> Vacuuming especially. This could come from my terrible allergy to dust and thus I have a desire to keep all things organized and clean. :3
I used to have a set of "chores" when I was younger, though frankly I can't remember what they were or how much allowance I got. Now, I just kind of do anything I can: cleaning, taking out the trash, washing dishes, mowing the lawn, etc.

I was never too fond of cleaning the shower, though...

Cap'n Nick (post: 1590249) wrote:These days I find all chores pretty annoying. I have a pretty low-maintenance apartment, but any time spent cleaning it feels like time taken away from something fun or useful.
Oh my gosh, it's Nick! *waves*
[/off topic]
goldenspines

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Least favourite: cleaning the shower, dusting
I don't mind doing the dishes, as long as they don't have dried up crusty food on them.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby aliveinHim » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:14 am

I hate yardwork--especially when it's super hot out and I had just taken a shower. I used to be a huge pig and never clean my room but since I got new furniture and renovated it, I'm a stickler for a clean room. A chore I despise is cleaning the bathroom after the incident I had a chemistry malfunction and made tear gas.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby SierraLea » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 pm

My family has six kids, four of whom do chores every Saturday. For me, this includes cleaning my parent's bathroom, which includes sweeping, wiping all surfaces, scrubbing the toilet and occasionally the shower curtain. I also vaccum the entire upstairs, clean out all of the junk in the van and vaccum that, email my Grandma who lives 2,000 miles away, and clean my bedroom.
The five older kids all clean up the kitchen every night after dinner, which can include sweeping, taking out the trash, doind the big dishes, wiping all surfaces, and scrubbing the microwave.
Don't complain about having to clean your room until you've had this list to deal with.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Ally-Ann » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Favorite chore(s)? Dusting and vacuuming. I can be really thorough while being really quick about them.

My least favorite chore(s) (Ones that I hate): Doing the dishes and doing the laundry. I despise them both SO. STINKIN. MUCH. Dishes can and are messy, and laundry is just... just... boring and tedious. My parents want me to fold everything PERFECTLY. >.<
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby SierraLea » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Okay, My least favorite chore is washing the pots and pans that can't go in the dishwasher EVERY NIGHT because I use really hot water, so hot that it hurts.

My favorite chore is washing the pots and pans because, if there's not that many, you don't have to stay and help everyone else with their chore, which you do with any other chore.

I know I am a contradiction.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 am

Washing and drying dishes
Dusting and vacuuming
Laundry
Cooking
Roy Mustang

Return to General