Anime Cons

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Nate » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:58 am

aliveinHim wrote:Nate, I'm sure you're not unattractive that people wouldn't glomp/hug you.

I am, but I won't get into that. :p
We all need to find a centrally located con where we can have our own con attending group and meet eachother in person.

CAA cannot endorse official meetings at conventions, because of the younger members on the site. However, many of us do meet up at conventions, but it is of course not officially sanctioned by the mods. I know there are a few of us that meet at Otakon every year, and we had a big meet up at Anime Expo a few years back. I'd assume that those still go on too. :p

And of course every once in a while someone on here makes a "I'm going to ______ Con! Who else is going?" and they can make plans on their own to meet people. But yeah, again, CAA can't approve of any meetings with people in real life. Just the way it works.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 am

Have you cosplayed before, Nate? Some people will glomp anybody. I'm not creepy but I will ask before I can hug/glomp someone.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Nate » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:21 am

Yes, I have cosplayed twice. Both times were as Kadoya Tsukasa, the main character of Kamen Rider Decade. As I said, he's a somewhat obscure character, and only a handful of people recognized me...all of them males. XP

And I haven't met any girls who will glomp anybody. I must be going to the wrong conventions! Someone tell me where there are girls who will glomp anybody, I've been missing out! D:

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:26 am

I'd glomp anybody, I'd just ask first cuz I'm not a creeper. http://chs-otakufest.com/ This is the really small con I'm going to. I'd like to meet some of you.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

aliveinHim

Postby Wolf-man » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 pm

I am at Zenkaikon this weekend. Anyone else coming or already there?
Wolf-man

Postby Asuka Neko » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1461389) wrote:Anime cons are something you need to be careful about cuz there can be some really crazy people and not necessarily the most godly.

Yeah, the crazy people are my problem... I have been to one; I went to Ohayocon last year, and although I had a great time, there were a lot of crazy people. My friends and I had a lot of fun, but my mom (who doesn't know hardly anything about anime and wasn't expecting the crazy people) got really freaked out and will not not let me go to any more. So I don't think I'll be attending another one until I'm living on my own.

That said, it was really interesting considering there was a cheerleading convention going on in the same convention center at the same time. All of the parents who were there with the cheerleaders' younger siblings were sheilding their children from us crazy nutjobs.

And due to said convention, I now wear a Mokona on my head.
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Wolf-man (post: 1466135) wrote:I am at Zenkaikon this weekend. Anyone else coming or already there?

I was there with my friend! We did a K-ON cosplay.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Cool I might have seen you guys in passing. Did one of you have a guitar?
Wolf-man

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Yup. That was me, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby AJV » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:18 pm

The last time I went to a con (and the first one I ever went to) was a small local Anime con that was held in a school gym in 2009.
It was fun and it was probably better that I went to a smaller one first since it would've been overwhelming if I'd gone to a bigger one first.
I cosplayed as L (the easiest and quickest I could come up with though the shirt was the hardest thing to find XD) and met 4 other fellow L cosplayers: A big one,a Spanish one,a girl one (the best one out of as all IMO), and another that I can't remember.

I'm playing on attending my States Super Con this summer with an actual cosplay (thankfully my Mom's helping me out with that).
It's much bigger than the last one I went to (it also covers Comics and Sci-Fi) and I'm pretty excited about it.

Planing getting a crap load of imported goodies too. >:3

BTW Anybody know where that topic went where people posted what conventions they were going to, to meet up?
Because I'd totally like meet those of ya who might be going to the same con as I. ^^
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby Atria35 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:26 pm

AJV (post: 1466652) wrote:BTW Anybody know where that topic went where people posted what conventions they were going to, to meet up?
Because I'd totally like meet those of ya who might be going to the same con as I. ^^

Go waaaay down to the bottom of the main page, and you'll see the 'members only' area. That's where it is.
Atria35

Postby airichan623 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Ah DANG IT! I just realized that I didnt get in on the hotel registration for my con on the first day! and the room block already sold out...

anyway, I and my sister tamachan will be attending AnimeIowa for my second year and her first.

I loved my first year for the most part. I got lots of hugs, met amazing people (not to mention some hawt cosplayer guys...), met Maxey Whitehead, cosplayed, and spent my life savings on junk! :D

The only bad parts were, really, 1) a cosplay skit involving 3 overweight men dressed as Batman Robin and Joker practically making out and ripping shirts off onstage (2) seeing men in short skirts Dx and (3) overeager male dancers at the midnight rave who wanted to "dance"... O_o

Just con fyi's. But one thing I would really love to do is start a con "church"-- in other words, a prayer meeting of Christians who are con attendees.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:46 am

airichan623 (post: 1466680) wrote:Just con fyi's. But one thing I would really love to do is start a con "church"-- in other words, a prayer meeting of Christians who are con attendees.

I know! I thought of something like that too! We can pass out Gospel tracts and witness. I'm bringing plenty to Otakon if I'm going (hopefully I have enough money).

aliveinHim

Postby Wolf-man » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:18 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1466600) wrote:Yup. That was me, XD.

Yeah I did see you. Those were awesome costumes! My friend who went got a picture of you. She and her friends were dressed as the Sgt. Frog characters. She was Giroro.
Wolf-man

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:30 pm

...cosplay. Originally, I was opposed to the idea of cosplaying myself... but I have since thought it would be fun to cosplay as Sora. Anyway, I heard there is a Mechacon I think in Alabama.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby AJV » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Atria35 (post: 1466660) wrote:Go waaaay down to the bottom of the main page, and you'll see the 'members only' area. That's where it is.

Oooh! I see it now.
Thanks Atria, was wondering where that thread went. :sweat:
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby HetalianKatana4 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Metrocon 2012 was a blast! Panels were PG-13 but still fun. I've never been glomped but I have been approached by a girl who gave me a high five and said "Yay! Yachiru!" Funny thing is, she was a Naruto cosplayer lol Pretty cool!
"Even when a girl is as shy as a mouse, you still have to beware of the tiger within."- random Chinese proverb

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BleachBlue04?feature=mhee

My FanFiction account:
https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4095232
HetalianKatana4

Location: Either in Narnia, Soul Society, or America...I'm indecisive :P

Postby Reytrx99 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 am

Kamicon at the university of alabama (at birmingham? I forget lol) is free and just as good as most paid ones. (Chris sabat was there) ummm.... let us see... hamacon may be free, if not its very cheap, teslacon (they may have gone out of business) shotocon (shoutocon?) Theres a bunch more but i can't remember. Oh. But for a con thats kinda expensive, on the level of comicon, but in georgia and you have a better chance of getting in.....
DRAGON CON!!!!! Its massive. A week long event. Theyve released major games there before.
Reytrx99

Previous

Return to General