Who like's D&D

Talk about anything in here.

Who like's D&D

Postby webranger7 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:02 pm

Who likes D&D?
webranger7

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:08 pm

Just to let you know, I moved the thread (obviously). You'll probably get a better response to it in the General area. In fact, I think we had a D&D thread going, or a similar topic that led to it.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:15 pm

Heh. My response wouldn't mean much to you. And there was one on the topic somewhere...

But if anyone else is going to talk on the topic, I probably could add a thing or two.
uc pseudonym

Postby Technomancer » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:26 pm

I used to play it a lot. Unfortunately, the crowd that I used to game with is long gone. With school and everything else going on (like changing my thesis topic halfway through) I haven't reall looked up another group. :sniffle:
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Return to General