PG-13 .. should 13 year olds really be watching some of this stuff?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby ADXC » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1569618) wrote:This is why libraries always encourage you to not to put books back on the shelf but put them on carts, so they can mark that the books were used by someone. (in addition because patrons never put the books back in the right order).

I work at my college library so I can affirm this. Patrons are commanded to not reshelve books back on the stacks. The reason for this is because we have to check in the book on our computer so we can know how often the book/video is used (And another reason is because they will often not put it back by the correct Call number as yamamama alluded to.). This is done regardless if the book is checked out or not.
ADXC

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Forget about the libraries. The point is that people are buying the DVDs or Blu-Ray discs.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby ADXC » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:06 pm

It was related to them buying the dvds because they saw what was popular.

It does matter.
ADXC

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Fine.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Get this back on a productive line of thought. I'm seeing borderline flame posts.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Vilo159 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Nate, If I went to a museum, and it had a bunch of aweesome paintings, but one of them had a nude woman in it, should I just never go to the museum? No, I would likely just skip that painting. It doesnt take away from the rest of the exhibit, but it makes me a lot happier.

I think you are all taking Sierra's intentions very differently. And really, only Sierra truly understands what she's trying to say. Here's a quote from a Mormon general authority, that he gave in a talk: "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." Stop trying to interpret Sierra's intentions so much. You can think it's hypocrisy all you want, and thats fine, but if Sierra doesnt think it's hypocrisy, then to her its not hypocrisy. Your interpretations, when put in such biting terms, aren't helping much. You've stated your opinion, just move on.
Vilo159

Postby SierraLea » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:15 pm

Nate (post: 1569711) wrote:But she doesn't want to see the content that makes the movie what it is. If she thinks the movie is objectionable, she shouldn't watch it. Using Clear Play is hypocrisy, plain and simple, if you think the movie has objectionable content, don't watch it, if you want to watch it, you take it as it is.

Guys, if this is hypocritical, it's on such a small scale for my family that I really don't think we make that huge of an impact. I read Harry Potter even though it was full of Witchcraft, something God hugely disapproves of. Why? Because it had a great story and godly qualities like courage, loyalty, and love. It's the same way with a lot of the movies we screen. Also, this way we can share things with our younger siblings and friends that we wouldn't normally, like watching Avatar at my 14 year old sister's birthday and screening out some of the violence for kids not comfortable with things dying. It cuts things that would give kids nightmares, and still maintains the integrity of the movie. We don't watch things that are built on things we have to screen out.
It might by hypocritical, but the other option is a whole lot worse.

This will be my last post on the subject. If you have anything more, please PM me about it.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Xeno » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:19 pm

/thread

Now lets find something else we can all argue about.
Xeno

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Otaku Jordan (post: 1569620) wrote:I love this site.

Your sarcasm never ceases to improve my attitude. Thanx X)

Atria35 (post: 1569584) wrote:Actually, I'd say that 98% of what he put on there is ridiculous.

I guess when I had made the post the first time, I was interested in the 2%. Then again, I probably shouldn't have brought him up.

Nate, I'm not talking to you again. *crosses arms and points nose in air arrogantly*

Sometimes my own sarcasm is sickening.
ABlipinTime

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:25 am

ABlipinTime wrote:Nate, I'm not talking to you again. *crosses arms and points nose in air arrogantly*

You mean it was this easy all along?
Nate, If I went to a museum, and it had a bunch of aweesome paintings, but one of them had a nude woman in it, should I just never go to the museum?

I wouldn't say you should never go to a museum, just that you shouldn't go to a museum until you learn how to appreciate art. That might end up being "never" but that's not my problem.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby shooraijin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:23 am

Well, on that cheap shot, I think this thread's done.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Previous

Return to General