Frequently Asked Questions

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:54 pm

SailorDove (post: 1490645) wrote:Is there a way to put a long bit of text into a shrinking box? (Kinda like a quote or spoiler box but grows longer when you click it.)

I actually asked Mith about this a while back and will be apart of the new updates ^__^

I actually like this sort of spoiler tag for images ^^ Especially, those huge images that stretch the page :P It's still good with text as well ^^

vB actually has different variations of this mod :O
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Do we have a thread for posting AMV that we have really liked, and we think others may like too? I was looking for one because I know of a really cool Princess Tutu AMV, but I don't want to create a thread just to post one video, especially if there is a similar thread already.

Thanks in advance. :)
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:45 pm

A_Yellow_Dress (post: 1501700) wrote:Do we have a thread for posting AMV that we have really liked, and we think others may like too? I was looking for one because I know of a really cool Princess Tutu AMV, but I don't want to create a thread just to post one video, especially if there is a similar thread already.

Thanks in advance. :)

You know, I did a quick search and I don't see one in either the Anime board or the Jam Session board, so I think you should start one!

:thumb:

How about starting a "Link to your Favorite AMVs" thread in the Jamb Session board?
Mithrandir

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1501705) wrote:You know, I did a quick search and I don't see one in either the Anime board or the Jam Session board, so I think you should start one!

:thumb:

How about starting a "Link to your Favorite AMVs" thread in the Jamb Session board?

Thanks! :)

I recently discovered AMVs and I love 'em... and this one is just so awesome. :D

I gonna do that right now. Squee!~ :)
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Watermaster2 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

I have a question. I'm pretty new here and haven't posted anything yet and when I went to the reviews are and clicked on "Submit a Title" it said this:
"You do not have the required number of posts to perform this action. Please be patient - you will be able to perform this action soon. "

I only have one question, how many posts do I need?
Thank you!
Watermaster2

Postby shooraijin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:11 pm

We don't generally disclose post limits because we want people to learn about the board, not discharge a minimum number of fluff posts to gain privileges. Welcome, look around, have fun. By the time you know it, you'll have enough posts to do what you want to do, and you'll have contributed and learned about CAA in other ways.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Watermaster2 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Thank you very much! ^^
Watermaster2

Postby Watermaster2 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:51 am

Oh and I have another question. If that's alright. :)

Why are there two review areas?
Watermaster2

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:58 am

because the new one's a restructured one, due to people like myself who really hated the old system. The mods decided for the 10th anniversary they'd fix it all up so we could actually, you know, post something, instead of waiting til the mods could squeeze in enough time in their hectic lives to watch something so our reviews could be approved. Now, it's up to the entire community, which I think is a lot better.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Watermaster2 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am

Ah, that makes sense! I thought I heard something about it being the old section, but I wasn't sure. Thank you very much!
Watermaster2

Postby Watermaster2 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:57 am

I'm back again! LOL! I am one curious person. It actually kind of has to do with my last question.
If there is a review for a certain anime in the old reviews section, could I do a review for that same anime to submit in the new reviews section?
Watermaster2

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:02 am

Yes. The new section is designed specifically to host multiple reviews.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby tohapply » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:40 am

through this thread,some of my question solved .
tohapply

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:15 pm

tohapply (post: 1533646) wrote:through this thread,some of my question solved .

Glad to hear it!
Mithrandir

Postby ReiDaichi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Every time I try to go to the chat it turns blue. Can someone tell me why this is happening?
ReiDaichi

Postby Xeno » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:22 am

ReiDaichi (post: 1534361) wrote:Every time I try to go to the chat it turns blue. Can someone tell me why this is happening?

Reference this thread http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1534007#post1534007
Xeno

Postby tohapply » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:10 am

what i want to say is that why my review disappear after refresh ?
tohapply

Postby shooraijin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:30 am

tohapply, Goldenspines answered this question in your introductory thread. The reason is that new members are subject to automatic moderation by the board and the moderators individually approve these posts after a delay. After a certain point the board stops doing that.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby DecooPunk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:19 pm

"Hi there! We're sorry you're not seeing the chat right now. Until we've had a chance to verify your account, you will be unable to chat. Please visit the board and make some friends. This will be working after you've been around the place for a bit.

Thanks!
- CAA Management"
How do I get verified? how long does it take?
DecooPunk

Postby Atria35 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:39 am

You get verified after a certain number of forum posts. It was made that way to keep out trolls and spambots. You'll reach that number eventually as long as you post other than in the RP and Goof Off.
Atria35

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi, I've looked through this thread, and I'm wondering, what is the exact number of posts needed to be made before you can get into chat? I don't remember it ever being specified, and I've heard both that it's 15, and that it's 25 posts, and this has made me confused.

By the way, thanks to the mods for making this thread, it'll be a huge help if I need some answers sometime in the future!
Banana Lobster

Postby goldenspines » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Banana Lobster (post: 1548251) wrote:Hi, I've looked through this thread, and I'm wondering, what is the exact number of posts needed to be made before you can get into chat? I don't remember it ever being specified, and I've heard both that it's 15, and that it's 25 posts, and this has made me confused.

By the way, thanks to the mods for making this thread, it'll be a huge help if I need some answers sometime in the future!
Simply to filter out those only interested in the chat and not in the rest of the community, we try not to say what the exact number of posts is to get into the chat. The limit was placed there to keep out trolls and spambots, but also to keep newbies more active on the boards, which is where you can talk about things a bit better. (the chat tends to be a bit more sporadic) Plus, we discourage members to spend their time here exclusively in the chat.
Though, some members may know the limit number and you may hear it from them. I encourage members to not reveal it, but it happens. *shrugs*

Just don't worry about it and be active in the forums, posting thoughtful posts and having fun meeting the other members. And in no time, you'll be able to access the chat as well.
goldenspines

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 am

It was my siblings, but it was also a while ago, so it most likely was a slip of the tongue or something. Or, they didn't think it was that big of a deal. Either way, thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

"Sporadic?" I do not know this word. But I suppose it probably means at least, "kinda crazy." If so, that would totally fit with what I have heard about chats from my siblings.

Thanks again, and God bless.
Banana Lobster

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 am

Banana Lobster (post: 1548360) wrote:"Sporadic?" I do not know this word.
Sporadic means that it happens rarely, and irregularly.

Anycase, glad that Goldy could be of help!
Atria35

Postby goldenspines » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Banana Lobster (post: 1548360) wrote:It was my siblings, but it was also a while ago, so it most likely was a slip of the tongue or something. Or, they didn't think it was that big of a deal. Either way, thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

"Sporadic?" I do not know this word. But I suppose it probably means at least, "kinda crazy." If so, that would totally fit with what I have heard about chats from my siblings.

Thanks again, and God bless.
No worries, no harm done. ^_^
As a wild guess, your siblings must be members here (I think I know who if they are! O: ).
In that case, as mentioned before just stick around, post in threads that spark your interest and you'll be fine. ^_^

As Atria mentioned, sporadic means that it happens at odd or unpredictable times or intervals. I wasn't too clear in my use of the word, though. XD The chat is sporadic in the sense of sometimes it's really dead and other times it's super busy and insane. You can't predict when it will be dead or active, so you just take the luck of a draw. So, don't be too anxious to get there. The forums will be much more fun for you, I think. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Icestar » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:09 pm

I am new on here and I would like to know how to get an avatar picture icon thing....i keep getting a picture under the size limit and press save changes but nothing happens...help please...DX
I want my jar of dirt.....
Icestar

Postby goldenspines » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Icestar (post: 1549560) wrote:I am new on here and I would like to know how to get an avatar picture icon thing....i keep getting a picture under the size limit and press save changes but nothing happens...help please...DX
Hello there, sorry I didn't see this sooner.

When you say nothing happens, what do you mean exactly? Do you get a blank screen? Does nothing happen at all (you stay on the same page even though you press the save changes button)? Or do you get some sort of error message?

Along with the dimension limit (of 100x100 pixels), we also have a file size limit of around 30 KB, if I recall correctly. So this might be causing you trouble.
goldenspines

Postby Icestar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 pm

nevermind i got it to work :D
I want my jar of dirt.....
Icestar

Postby DecooPunk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:27 pm

What is chatty?
DecooPunk

Postby bobmonkeys » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Chatty is a program that lives in the chatroom. If you go in to chat and type /chatbot followed by a sentence or question, she responds with a random response from her list of phrases. Always pretend to take her seriously and ask her deep philosophical questions to make talking with her more fun.

Sometimes she is the only one willing to listen to me...
bobmonkeys

Previous Next

Return to General