Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:03 pm

Okay, I will be heading to Tennessee, because that is where my grandad will be buried.

Take care everyone and talk to you all later.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:07 pm

Well, I do believe I'm gone until Christmas. See y'all later! ^__^

*dissapears in a puff of smoke and lost passwords*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:28 pm

Back from the trip.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby HondaTooru » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:03 pm

I'm back! Does anyone even remember me? I've been gone for two whole years! Man, how time flies! In that time I moved away from all my family and friends to seek adventure in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! I got nice desk job with good pay and have been living in Sammamish, WA. Right after I moved here, I met Terry, who is now my boyfriend. November 6th will mark our 2 year anniversary!

Let's see.. Well I've been kinda of out of touch with the anime world. However, my faith in Jesus has been steadily becoming more... what's the word? Urgent? I'm just so hungry for more and more information, teachings, fellowship! I still have great turmoil in my family regarding religion. Most of them are of of the agnostic, liberal, pro-choice, pro-tolerance, politically correct variety. It seems like the more I learn and grow as a christian and the more steadfast I become in my faith, the more they think of me as some kind of lunatic extremist. For instance, if I say that I believe that it is a sin to be homosexual, they think of me as the kind of people in "V for Vendetta" who sent all the gay people to torture camps.

Anyway, the point is: I may be out of touch with anime, but I know there's much more to this site than that. The CAA is an awesome group of christians and I hope to be able to reconnect here and find some good support to help me on my journey to know Christ better.

Apologetics is my main focus these days. PM me if this area happens to be your forte. I need all the help I can get!
[align=center][align=left][color=Plum]Autumn アータム / Aki [/color] (I respond to both.) :angel:[color=MediumTurquoise][size=84]
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
[/color][/SIZE]- Ralph Waldo Emerson

[font=book antiqua][/font]
[color=PaleTurquoise]Friends, some of us have money and some of us have talent. All of us have blood [color=PaleTurquoise]and [/color]time.[/color]
Image Find your nearest blood donation center by clicking HERE.
[color=Plum]Image Sign up to find local volunteer[/color] opportunities HERE. Remember, volunteer opportunities have a wide range of time commitments. Even if you can only spare a few hours per month, there might be an organization out there who needs you!

[/align]
[/align]
HondaTooru

Postby rocklobster » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:55 pm

Welcome back, Tohru! (OK, so I don't remember you)
Anyway, I'm back from KY.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby HondaTooru » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:47 pm

That's ok. :) Hopefully everyone will have a chance to get to know me in the near future. Nice to meet you and welcome back to you too!
[align=center][align=left][color=Plum]Autumn アータム / Aki [/color] (I respond to both.) :angel:[color=MediumTurquoise][size=84]
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
[/color][/SIZE]- Ralph Waldo Emerson

[font=book antiqua][/font]
[color=PaleTurquoise]Friends, some of us have money and some of us have talent. All of us have blood [color=PaleTurquoise]and [/color]time.[/color]
Image Find your nearest blood donation center by clicking HERE.
[color=Plum]Image Sign up to find local volunteer[/color] opportunities HERE. Remember, volunteer opportunities have a wide range of time commitments. Even if you can only spare a few hours per month, there might be an organization out there who needs you!

[/align]
[/align]
HondaTooru

Postby Angel37 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:51 pm

Hey guys I'll be in and out. School is keeping me VERY busy though, however I do check all my pms so feel free to pm me! I'll also be on the radiocast so listen! Hope to be back soon! *huggles*
Angel37

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:40 am

Hey, everyone! I'm taking a trip to Merry Ol' England for three weeks. Although I will be updating my LiveJournal on occasion I doubt I'll be frequenting these forums. I may pop in on occasion, but mostly I'll be off-line. Places of destination include London, Edinburgh, Blackpool and other places of cultural and historical interest. Within three weeks I'll be back to usual, terrorizing the CAA. See you around...
bigsleepj

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:37 pm

I'm Back. With Vengance!!!!!!!
USSRGirl

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:47 pm

HondaTooru wrote:That's ok. :) Hopefully everyone will have a chance to get to know me in the near future. Nice to meet you and welcome back to you too!

I remember you a bit. I haven't been around lately either, but I remember seeing you in the manga thread a lot, and when Omega Amen was doing that contest for most attractive female anime character....

Anyway, nice to see you again!
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby livewire » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:50 pm

I am back....not that anyone had even noticed I left...or that they will notice my return....
but,I am back....
livewire

Postby QtheQreater » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:04 pm

Q's LAN fried and died...I'll try to get back here soon, but for the moment...bleah...
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:42 pm

Whoops, false alarm. Well, the LAN is still fried, but Valkaiser lent me his compy, so I'm good till mine is either replaced or fixed.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:37 am

Going out of town for an extended wknd - laterz!
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:24 pm

Umm well, not really leaving but...not exactly coming back either :sweat: More like...visiting ;)

So um, well first of all it's nice to see some new faces as well as old friends. Second of all it's nice to see that CAA continues to thrive as a community :)

Anyway, just dropping by, making a guest appearance after being nudged by some fellow chat friends.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!! \m/>o<\m/
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:30 am

I'm back from my trip to Merry England. It was great. I'll now resume my usual duties on this forum, which is to make a lot of remarks, both competant and sarcastic.
bigsleepj

Postby The Last Bard » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:15 am

Well, I've been gone for a few months, but now I'm back.
The Last Bard

Postby marty » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:45 am

welcom back every one
................... ............. /' /)
................./´ /)........./¯ //
..............,/¯// ......... /...//
............./...//. ......./¯ //
.........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ /
........./'.../... ./... /.../ //
........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........''...\.... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\
(copy and paste this into your sig if you are a DiEhArD rocker :rock: )

[color="red"]M[/color]C[color="Red"]R[/color] [color="Red"]F[/color]a[color="red"]M[/color]o[color="red"]U[/color]s [color="red"]L[/color]a[color="Red"]S[/color]t [color="red"]W[/color]o[color="red"]R[/color]d[color="red"]S[/color]
[color="Magenta"][color="Red"] Now I know,
That I can't make you stay.
But where's your heart?
But where's your heart?
But where's your,

And I know.
There's nothing I can say.
To change that part.
To change that part.
To change.

So many,
Bright lights they cast a shadow,
But can I speak?
Well is it hard understanding,
I'm incomplete?
A life that's so demanding,
I get so weak.
A love that's so demanding,
I can't speak.

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey if you stay I'll be forgiven,
Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

Can you see?
My eyes are shining bright,
'Cause I'm out here, on the other side,
Of a jet black hotel mirror,
And I'm so weak.
Is it hard understanding?
I'm incomplete.
A love that's so demanding,
I get weak.

These bright lights have always blinded me.
These bright lights have always blinded me.

I say.

I see you lying next to me,
With words I thought I'd never speak,
Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

'Cause I see you lying next to me,
Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

Awake, and unafraid.

Asleep, or dead...

Nothing you can say can stop me going home.[/color][/color]
[color="Red"][SIZE="7"]
why did the bump thread have to go[/SIZE][/color]
marty

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:16 am

Looks like a reminder might be in order. The purpose of this thread is to post when you will be gone, and when you will return. Please do not post "I'll miss you" or "welcome back" messages in this thread. All such posts will be unceremoniously removed. Well, UC and I do have a certain ceremony, but you'll never know about it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
Mithrandir

Postby Syaoran » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:59 pm

Im back some what.
Syaoran

Postby White Raven » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:14 pm

Hi everyone!

If anyone was wandering about my absence lately. It’s because I have been working two jobs.
Sorry I haven’t been keeping up.

However I will be answering pms as I get them.

Love, Tammi.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

I'm back

Postby Cuddles da Bear » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:46 am

Hi, I hope this is the right place to put this.

Anyway I bought a brand new computer and I had some problems with it and I had to take it back to the place I bought it from so they could check it out. I had to get the username and password again but I'm back now.

I was in a few roleplays and I'm sorry I haven't been active in them.

Cuddles
Cuddles da Bear

Why I left the internet

Postby Alice » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:31 pm

I guess it's been about a year since I more or less left the internet. I want to apologize to anyone I hurt by my absence.

At the time, I did not feel able to do differently, or even explain.

Because of things that happened involving me and online communities, I was dealing with some ambivalence and pain. As well, the pain of friends, acquaintances, and even strangers online, whom I could do nothing to help, compounded my pain.

At one point, I realized that what was once a positive experience and a great blessing had become a source of pain and needless sorrow. I couldn't help the other people who were hurting, and being online so much didn't help me, either. Instead of being a fun, joyful, and blessed thing, every time I got online I began to grow deeply depressed. One day, because of extremely painful feelings, I simply had to stop.

I miss the online community and feeling of connectedness with people that I talked with through CAA, LJ, and AIM. I occasionally dip back in, to see how people are doing, but I doubt I will ever really "return."

I wish I had done some things differently, but I probably wouldn't be able to, even if I could do it all over again.

I'm sorry to anyone I hurt by my absense. I also apologize for any words spoken in anger during the time I have known you. I tried not to hurt anyone's feelings in my stay here, but I'm sure I did not always succeed. Please forgive me for any hurts I've caused you.

If you need or want to contact me, just send me a PM. I will do my best to answer.

Goodbye and God Bless,
Alice
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Puguni » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:21 pm

I have to focus more on my studies than computer activities right now. Unfortunately, that includes CAA. It's my senior year!! So I've to work! ~_~

I won't be around for a good while. :S

[EDIT] I will seldom post. XD [/EDIT] I can't very well avoid my homepage, can I?
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Friends of Raven

Postby HitomiYuriko » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:18 pm

Dear Friends,

Raven will not be able to be on for awhile so If you need to get a hold of her just contact me or SP1.

Thank You
[SIZE="1"]Believe

What I believe is what I will become. I believe I am special and that there will never be another like me...not ever. I believe I have been blessed with certain talents that will allow me to serve a purpose higher that my own. I believe we are all connected and that despite our differences we are one. I believe in the power or love and its ability to heal all wounds. I believe there are no acts of coincidence only acts of God that work miraculously in my life. I believe that the lessons I learn will be the lessons I teach.

My Family: SP1, Raven, and my other daughter soon to be named in 2 years, PcSavvy (My Sister)
Been Adopted by: Shadowchild,Mega.EXE
My Adoptions: Lunis--who has my unconditional love and support. :angel:
Shadowchild: who can win an argument with anyone (Hehe)
My Boys in Arms (The ones I'll try to keep from wandering the path of goofiness & craziness:dizzy: ): Yahshua(:angel: on his shoulder watching over him), Nate (AKA Kaemmerite), Sigmaknight, Cap'nNick, BigSleepJ,Scribs, YeshuaKnight, Linkquest, Mr. Smarty Pants, Cephas VII, Kkun, and AziertheSwordsman
My Girls in Arms (The ones I'll be looking out for from time to time): Sakura15, CrimsonRyu17, PrincessZelda, Himura Kaoru, Iz&Trigun4life, Lunis, Jesusfreak84,Shadowchild
And some new friends: JadenMetal,Mithrandir, ShatterHeartArk, and few others
FKA Celestra[/SIZE]
HitomiYuriko

Postby QtheQreater » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:06 pm

>.>
<.<

Apparently, Sun.Ice doesn't know about this thread, and he DID tell me to spread the word, or whatever...

Sunny will be gone for a week, for reasons unknown(aka, he didn't mention them).

This has been a public service announcement...

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby samuraidragon » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Well I'm not sure if this is nessesary, but I've been back for a little over a week after having been gone for the majority of the last two years.

Hello.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby QtheQreater » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:29 am

Sun.Ice is back. *throws...confetti? Fruit? Vegetables? Large, titanium bank vaults? Daffodils?*

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Nikolai Melodie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:23 pm

Hello everyone.
I left for awhile, well...a month or so ago.
Now I'm back, simple as that :D
Nikolai Melodie

Postby Night » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:02 pm

I left for quite some time. But I am here now.

Huzzah.
SpadeRunner Illustrations - Comic coming soon...ish.
Night

Previous Next

Return to General