Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Talk about anything in here.

Re: Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Postby Silent Seraph » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:56 pm

Hey guys, some of you may have seen me lurking around the chatroom (and thought I was new) hehehe. Anyhows, I'm back after a long hiatus, two years maybe? :D
Silent Seraph

Postby ADXC » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Just a lurker lurking through...
ADXC

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

Yo, ADXC! You're back! Good to see you! *high five*
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby ADXC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Not really, I've been popping in now and then. So as I said, I'm just lurking.
ADXC

Postby alma » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 am

I plan to show up around here once again, maybe just lurking once in a blue moon ^^ .
But hey!, that is better than nothing at all, :D
Happy to be back.
alma

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:13 am

Hey, alma! Good to see you! Well, I hope we see more of you, even if it's just a bit.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:38 am

alma wrote:I plan to show up around here once again, maybe just lurking once in a blue moon ^^ .
But hey!, that is better than nothing at all, :D

Indeed. Welcome back. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby alma » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Thank you MOI and Claec! It is nice to feel welcomed back.
((((Hugs)))) ^.^/
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Reon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 pm

It's been quite some time but I was very happy to pop my head into the forum tonight and go through some old posts. Hope everyone is doing absolutely amazing and growing in the relationship with Christ and love for one another. I'll probably be around more often but only time will tell. =)
Reon

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Welcome back, Reon. I don't believe we've met. *handshake*
Also, I must absolutely LOVE that avatar. That's Masaomi, right? (the eye color threw me off...) If not, ah well, it's still awesome.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat May 03, 2014 5:50 pm

So I haven't been on as much lately because life has gotten busier. I got a full-time job teaching at a kindergarten, which is fun but exhausting, so the sporadic posting may continue or grow more sporadic or stop altogether. I just figured if anybody was wondering what happened to me lately, there you go.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun May 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Hey, I decided to come back! Good to see you all ^^
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun May 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Have fun teaching whippersnappers, Yuki. Hopefully we'll still see you around some!

SA! Welcome back! We've missed you. Good to see you. Don't worry, insanity still ensues at CAA.

ClaecElric4God

Postby alma » Sun May 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Welcome back, SA!
I myself have come back too , like maybe 3 weeks ago. Good to see you ^^
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun May 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Hey, everybody. So it's been two years, huh? Pretty crazy.

I never thought my two year anniversary here would include a post of this nature. I always assumed it would involve a Q & A thread full of ridiculous hilarity and fun and jokes and all that good stuff. Well, apparently not.
So, I wish I was the kind of person who can be like "It's been real, guys" and never look back, but I think most of you know I'm not. I'm going to write up a big long post full of stupid emotional stuff because that's the way I do things. So please bear with me. For anybody who doesn't know me or doesn't care, you probably shouldn't waste your time reading this. It's just a bunch of sappy garbage.
Anyways, I hoped this day would never come, and I most certainly didn't see it coming so fast. But it's here, and there's not much I can do about it.
CAA has been an awesome place. It's helped me see things, and I believe it's helped me grow. But it's hurt me, too. I've seen and heard things I didn't need to see and hear, and I've made dumb decisions that I shouldn't have. I may never know whether it was a good thing for me to be here or not, but the past is the past and there's not much I can do about it. I only hope that it serves as a learning and growing experience for me.
Thank you everyone who helped me and was just all around awesome. I'm gonna name names, just because. Wolfsong, Oddood198, Panda4christ:3, Konekochan, Okami, Crossfire, LupoRedgrave, Masaru, Derek_Is_Me, IStoleYourToast. You guys mean so much to me, I can't even express it. There's one name here I left out, but I've been talking to him on a more personal level, so I don't feel the need to say anything here. And I'm sure there are others I've missed, and I sincerely apologize for that. But really, those of you who are important to me, you know how I feel, so just take for granted that I would have mentioned you if I remembered. The rest of you have been cool, but there's no point pretending there's a bond that wasn't. Thanks for putting up with me. I know I'm pretty hopeless and narrow-minded, but hey, I've compromised a lot for you guys, way more than I should have, so be grateful.

Wolf and Odd, no matter what, you guys continue to be the closest friends I've ever had, with the exception of one random real life person. Thank you so much for being so awesome, and for always being there for me. I can't thank you guys enough, because there just aren't words.
Panda and Kone, you guys have also been really good friends and encouraged me a lot, even if it was just to make me smile when I was down.
Derek, I will never forget that you were my first friend on CAA, and that you're my brother. You made me feel welcome here, and though you're not around a lot, you've still meant a lot to me. I hope you're still thinking of going into evangelism. If that's what you feel the Lord is leading you to do, take it and run with it. There aren't many callings higher than that.
It's been a blast, guys. From reading and writing stupid stories, to the hilarity of the chatroom, to how much fun those RPs were. I've probably had more fun at CAA than anywhere else in my life. I can't say it was all good, because it wasn't. Some people hurt me, some things happened that I wish hadn't, and I chose a path that I shouldn't have. In the end, CAA may very well have hurt me more than it helped me. Like I said, I may never know. But I can't deny that I loved it here, and I made a lot of good friends that I never would have had otherwise. So thank you.
I won't be posting anymore, except to wrap up my characters for the RPs I joined. Leaving that hanging would be irresponsible. I probably won't be around much, but I'll be lurking enough to keep up with PMs if anyone wants to talk to me. I'm hoping that the friendships I've made will hold through this, and if they don't, then I don't suppose they were as special as I thought they were.
Again, thanks everyone for putting up with me all this time, and I know CAA isn't going to fall to pieces without me here. You guys take care of yourselves, and don't let the chatroom get too dead. It's an awesome place.
Mods, I know I have no business addressing you, but please take care of this place. Just in the time I've been here I've seen it devolve, and I know this was a better place years ago. Don't let standards slide, don't give things up just to make people happy. Don't compromise in the name of toleration. This is a Christian site. Make sure it stays that way! Take a stand and bring CAA back to the place it was in the old days, the place where a mod could say "you may call us narrow-minded; well, we are." Make this place a testimony of God's awesomeness.
Anyways, I need to shut up now, you guys are sick of hearing from me, I'm sure. I think I'm dragging it out because I don't want to say goodbye. I don't want to leave this place. But I have to. I'm sorry if I've hurt anyone, and I hope I can maintain a good Christian testimony in your eyes.
Who knows how God will lead; maybe I'll come back someday. But it's doubtful. So here's to a future where I hope God does awesome things with this place, and makes Himself evident. Take care of yourselves, everybody.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:05 pm

What the what? I was mentioned in this? Well don't I feel special now XD
It's been so great having you, Claec <3. I'm glad I brightened your day, because you always make mine better~
I'm gonna miss seeing your awesome, wit-filled posts and wonderful chat welcomes. Of course, this doesn't mean I won't bombard you with PMs (when have I ever not? XD).
I hope life goes pretty smoothly for you, and that you find where God wants you to go (if you haven't already) keep on keeping on, friend <3.
*hugs*

p.s. Seriously, thanks for being the most awesome person on this site :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Wolfsong » Sun May 11, 2014 4:26 pm

I'm honored to know you think so much of me. Its been a true blessing, knowing you, everything we've done, all those crazy chats...I'm going to miss having you around.
But....
I won't say goodbye. I know in my heart we will meet again. So good bye really is inappropriate.
So...
I'll see you next time, okay? God bless you, and I look forward to our next crazy adventure together!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun May 11, 2014 5:42 pm

I wish you the best wishes with your life Claec, it's been a blast.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun May 11, 2014 5:54 pm

Goodbye isn't an option for us Cece c: I hope the friendships you have here last and I hope ours lasts too. c: (who am I kidding? Of course it will!) I will miss you on this website tons. Sisters in Christ forever! <3 *hug*
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby LastLfan » Sun May 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Wow, i haven't been on in a couple of days and just about broke down crying reading your goodbye cece. I never really got to know you on a personal level, but you were the first person who I ever talked to in chat and you really brought me out of my shell here, and for that I thank you.
LastLfan

Postby goldenspines » Sun May 11, 2014 9:57 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote: It's been a blast, guys. From reading and writing stupid stories, to the hilarity of the chatroom, to how much fun those RPs were. I've probably had more fun at CAA than anywhere else in my life. I can't say it was all good, because it wasn't. Some people hurt me, some things happened that I wish hadn't, and I chose a path that I shouldn't have. In the end, CAA may very well have hurt me more than it helped me. Like I said, I may never know. But I can't deny that I loved it here, and I made a lot of good friends that I never would have had otherwise. So thank you.

I feel unworthy to say that I can understand this statement much more than I wish to.

Again, thanks everyone for putting up with me all this time, and I know CAA isn't going to fall to pieces without me here.

I know you may be half joking, but I do wonder if it will stay together. I say that as an observation I've had for a while, not to sway you one way or another.

Mods, I know I have no business addressing you, but please take care of this place. Just in the time I've been here I've seen it devolve, and I know this was a better place years ago. Don't let standards slide, don't give things up just to make people happy. Don't compromise in the name of toleration. This is a Christian site. Make sure it stays that way! Take a stand and bring CAA back to the place it was in the old days, the place where a mod could say "you may call us narrow-minded; well, we are." Make this place a testimony of God's awesomeness.

*bows*

I am quite aware that I'm terrible at keeping in contact with people, even on CAA, thus I worry I may not have talked/listened to you as much as I should have.
But I do wish you the very best as you continue towards a very bright future, Claec.
goldenspines

Postby GeneD » Mon May 12, 2014 5:32 am

ClaecElric4God, I don't think I ever really spoke to you much, if at all, but let me say, even for a part-lurker like me, your time here has been a breath of fresh air. Best of luck to you and may you continue to be a blessing wherever you go.
GeneD

Postby Mullet Death » Mon May 12, 2014 5:49 am

Whaaaaaat. This post made me a lot more sad inside than it probably should have, considering there's always the option of seeing you on other sites. Maybe we'll get to see you in that "real world" I've heard so much about, if my skin and eyes can tolerate direct sunlight. Anyway, thanks for everything, you've accepted my presence and made me feel welcome and stuff in a way that I don't expect from people online or for that matter elsewhere, even people listed on other sites as being on a "friend list." And I may or may not understand your reasons for quitting the site, considering I've quit other sites recently for similar reasons, including Facebook. I'll just say the cheesy anime line of "I know we'll meet again someday!" as you ride your Ponyta into the sunset. I, meanwhile, shall continue to lurk for now.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Wow, Claec... I definitely didn't see that coming, but I wish you the best. You're in my prayers. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Anyway, I feel it's time I just go ahead and say it...

ClaecElric4God wrote:Mods, I know I have no business addressing you, but please take care of this place. Just in the time I've been here I've seen it devolve, and I know this was a better place years ago. Don't let standards slide, don't give things up just to make people happy. Don't compromise in the name of toleration. This is a Christian site. Make sure it stays that way! Take a stand and bring CAA back to the place it was in the old days, the place where a mod could say "you may call us narrow-minded; well, we are." Make this place a testimony of God's awesomeness.

To be honest, I see where Claec is coming from here (though, "narrow-minded" isn't the word choice I would use... I'd imagine "conservative" would work better for my view on how the site was). I'm not saying that the mods aren't doing a good job (in all honesty, I have great respect for some of them), but the site just seems to have changed over time. That's one of many reasons why I'm mostly lurking these days. The other reasons are of my personal life. Dealing with getting things figured out, college, how to help my mom out financially, etc.

So I just want to let you guys know, I am still around. I'll probably just be reading more than posting. Feel free to send me PM's, because I'll obviously still get them (though you'll probably get a faster reply if you e-mail me, message me on MAL, or something). I do plan to post every now and again, but probably won't be as often for awhile. No need to say goodbye to me, though, because I still plan to be here if you want to chat. :)
mysngoeshere56

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue May 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Goodbye Claec, it's been nice having you around.

Take care of yourself kid. o_o/
MomentOfInertia

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed May 14, 2014 7:16 pm

A double post? Oh horror! D8

The semester wrapped up last week so I intend to become a bit more active again.
MomentOfInertia

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Thu May 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Goodbye Claec! For the short time I've known you, I've loved you!!! God bless
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby DecooPunk » Thu May 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Aww, Claec. I am going to miss you. ;_;
DecooPunk

Postby radical edward » Fri May 30, 2014 1:17 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Hey, everybody. So it's been two years, huh? Pretty crazy.

I never thought my two year anniversary here would include a post of this nature. I always assumed it would involve a Q & A thread full of ridiculous hilarity and fun and jokes and all that good stuff. Well, apparently not.
So, I wish I was the kind of person who can be like "It's been real, guys" and never look back, but I think most of you know I'm not. I'm going to write up a big long post full of stupid emotional stuff because that's the way I do things. So please bear with me. For anybody who doesn't know me or doesn't care, you probably shouldn't waste your time reading this. It's just a bunch of sappy garbage.
Anyways, I hoped this day would never come, and I most certainly didn't see it coming so fast. But it's here, and there's not much I can do about it.
CAA has been an awesome place. It's helped me see things, and I believe it's helped me grow. But it's hurt me, too. I've seen and heard things I didn't need to see and hear, and I've made dumb decisions that I shouldn't have. I may never know whether it was a good thing for me to be here or not, but the past is the past and there's not much I can do about it. I only hope that it serves as a learning and growing experience for me.
Thank you everyone who helped me and was just all around awesome. I'm gonna name names, just because. Wolfsong, Oddood198, Panda4christ:3, Konekochan, Okami, Crossfire, LupoRedgrave, Masaru, Derek_Is_Me, IStoleYourToast. You guys mean so much to me, I can't even express it. There's one name here I left out, but I've been talking to him on a more personal level, so I don't feel the need to say anything here. And I'm sure there are others I've missed, and I sincerely apologize for that. But really, those of you who are important to me, you know how I feel, so just take for granted that I would have mentioned you if I remembered. The rest of you have been cool, but there's no point pretending there's a bond that wasn't. Thanks for putting up with me. I know I'm pretty hopeless and narrow-minded, but hey, I've compromised a lot for you guys, way more than I should have, so be grateful.

Wolf and Odd, no matter what, you guys continue to be the closest friends I've ever had, with the exception of one random real life person. Thank you so much for being so awesome, and for always being there for me. I can't thank you guys enough, because there just aren't words.
Panda and Kone, you guys have also been really good friends and encouraged me a lot, even if it was just to make me smile when I was down.
Derek, I will never forget that you were my first friend on CAA, and that you're my brother. You made me feel welcome here, and though you're not around a lot, you've still meant a lot to me. I hope you're still thinking of going into evangelism. If that's what you feel the Lord is leading you to do, take it and run with it. There aren't many callings higher than that.
It's been a blast, guys. From reading and writing stupid stories, to the hilarity of the chatroom, to how much fun those RPs were. I've probably had more fun at CAA than anywhere else in my life. I can't say it was all good, because it wasn't. Some people hurt me, some things happened that I wish hadn't, and I chose a path that I shouldn't have. In the end, CAA may very well have hurt me more than it helped me. Like I said, I may never know. But I can't deny that I loved it here, and I made a lot of good friends that I never would have had otherwise. So thank you.
I won't be posting anymore, except to wrap up my characters for the RPs I joined. Leaving that hanging would be irresponsible. I probably won't be around much, but I'll be lurking enough to keep up with PMs if anyone wants to talk to me. I'm hoping that the friendships I've made will hold through this, and if they don't, then I don't suppose they were as special as I thought they were.
Again, thanks everyone for putting up with me all this time, and I know CAA isn't going to fall to pieces without me here. You guys take care of yourselves, and don't let the chatroom get too dead. It's an awesome place.
Anyways, I need to shut up now, you guys are sick of hearing from me, I'm sure. I think I'm dragging it out because I don't want to say goodbye. I don't want to leave this place. But I have to. I'm sorry if I've hurt anyone, and I hope I can maintain a good Christian testimony in your eyes.
Who knows how God will lead; maybe I'll come back someday. But it's doubtful. So here's to a future where I hope God does awesome things with this place, and makes Himself evident. Take care of yourselves, everybody.

:waah!: NO! don't go! Can you at least PM me your FB account if you have one?
anyway, back from a very long vacation.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:17 pm

Claec-san...I wondered why I hadn't seen you post anything for a while! I'm so sorry that you had to leave. I hadn't known you for very long but I miss you already. It makes me very sad. :( Since I haven't been on here as long I'm not really sure how the site has changed but here's to hoping all will be good! God Bless Claec-san and I wish you the best. :')
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Previous Next

Return to General