What's everyone's opinion on George W. Bush?

Talk about anything in here.

What's everyone's opinion on George W. Bush?

Postby Satsuki » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:27 pm

A lot of people don't like him but I think we should stand by him and be with him on each decision he makes in these troubled times. What do you guys think of him? I know this is potentially too political so don't go overboard in your assesments.
Satsuki

Postby Stephen » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:27 pm

Perhaps not starting a thread that will only cause fighting would be wise advise. I will leave this open for now...but I got a sinking feeling this thread is trashcan fodder....
Stephen

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:38 pm

I've got the feeling too, but maybe we can keep this civil.

In my opinion, he's a strong leader and he has my support. Nuff said for me.
Link Antilles

Postby MillyFan » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:44 pm

I think he started a war for questionable reasons, and could potentially drag us into more unjust or unneeded wars.

I'm not anti-American, and I support the office of the president, just not its current occupant, or the one before him, or the one before him.

I'm voting for someone else in 2004 or not voting at all. ^sigh^

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Spiritsword » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:45 pm

I can't be too specific because I think it would start a debate, but I disagree with some of his stances in certain areas.

However, if he is a Christian as he claims to be, and prays (and listens to and follows the responses) as he says he does, then GW is not the one making the decisions. So I trust in the One behind George Bush, if not George Bush himself.
Spiritsword

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:58 pm

I support the president, though I would have rather had Alan Keyes be our President, but it's not likely he would have had a chance. Bush's faith wasn't outspoken enough for it to take center stage in the attacks against him, but if Alan Keyes had won the primaries, we'd probably have Al Gore in the white house, which is very scary. I think Bush is the least of the evils... I wonder if Keyes will run again... Probably not. I'd vote for him in primaries.

As for whether the war was needed, it was. It was very needed, but not for "weapons of mass destruction." Instead, we should have stood up against (not for, as it said accidentally in my pre edit post) the torture, physical and sexual abuse of the kurds (not to mention killing) performed by the Iraqi gov't. He would not, however, have gotten approval based on that, so he had to take a more shady reason. Whether he was justified in doing that or not, the fact we went in to get rid of Sadaam is justified enough for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Satsuki » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:19 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:I support the president, though I would have rather had Alan Keyes be our President, but it's not likely he would have had a chance. Bush's faith wasn't outspoken enough for it to take center stage in the attacks against him, but if Alan Keyes had won the primaries, we'd probably have Al Gore in the white house, which is very scary. I think Bush is the least of the evils... I wonder if Keyes will run again... Probably not. I'd vote for him in primaries.

As for whether the war was needed, it was. It was very needed, but not for "weapons of mass destruction." Instead, we should have stood up against (not for, as it said accidentally in my pre edit post) the torture, physical and sexual abuse of the kurds (not to mention killing) performed by the Iraqi gov't. He would not, however, have gotten approval based on that, so he had to take a more shady reason. Whether he was justified in doing that or not, the fact we went in to get rid of Sadaam is justified enough for me.

Alan Keyes could have won if there weren't so many racists in the democratic party (A lot of Democrats voted for Bush). Since Saddam and Osama worked together on 9/11 obviously the Iraq war was justified. The only thing I don't like about the aftermath of Operation Iraqi Freedom is the lack of missionaries over there. We need to get pastors out there immediately, if these people followed Christianity there wouldn't be any terror attacks against our troops and they probably would have overthrown Hussein long ago. Islam is a religion for weak and evil people, as Reverend Franklin Graham once said.
Satsuki

Postby MillyFan » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:21 pm

Satsuki, please provide evidence for your assertion that "Saddam and Osama worked together." There is none that I know of.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Satsuki » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:30 pm

MillyFan wrote:Satsuki, please provide evidence for your assertion that "Saddam and Osama worked together." There is none that I know of.

I don't have any proof but that's what everyone says around here. ALSO DIE YOU LIBERAL C UNT I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN HELL WITH ALL THE OTHER DEMONCRATS. RUSH LIMBAUGH AND MICHEAL SAVAGE HATE YOU AND SO DOES JESUS
Satsuki

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:06 am

Please don't say things like this. It's unnecessary and borders on flaming.

Consider yourself warned.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:41 am

I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread. It'll probably do nothing but cause more trouble.

Bong.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Return to General