Benu is Back Again! But only till tomorrow.

Talk about anything in here.

Benu is Back Again! But only till tomorrow.

Postby Benu » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:31 pm

Hey everyone Benu here. Well I've just come back from helping out at the second camp I went to. But the funny thing is I thought I was gonna do A/V or help out with Computer Graphics But I did Puppet Shows for the kids there. Man, That's an old ministry I had that came out again and I got so many people that want me now to go to there churches, VBS's and camps and such to do Puppet Shows. When I asked God to use me I asked Him to use me in all my talents, well he's sure is using me in ALL MY TALENTS! :) But I'm so beat from the last camp I feel even more :drool: than I did before. But I had fun with all those crazy kids. The last camp was a bunch of really Old kids from like age 16 to 25, Or young Adults. This camp was a bunch of really small kids. But why is it that these little kids can worship with all they got and these olders ones won't even lift a finger to worship! :mutter: It's odd it really is. Well the big shocker is I was expecting nothing more than A thank you card from the camp director but when I opened my thank you card a check for $100 was in there. Man, God really blessed me. But I feel kinda bad when people give me love offerings :red: because I'm just doing it for the Lord, I'll get my reward when I get to heaven. But anyway i was blessed by these camps spiritually also. But when I came back today from that camp was so happy and just walking on air. But when I came home and rested and when I woke up my mom was reading somthing that came in the mail and this was My greatest fear about just turning 18! :sniffle: My mom said she had bad news...she told me "you've been drafted"! :waah!: That was a really nice way to go into Adulthood by being drafted just A week after you turned 18. :waah!: My hopes and dreams and Spirits just dropped faster than anything! :sniffle: I just started crying and trembling and freaking out. Why does this have to happen now! But my mom read some more about it and I called this number And found out that It's just somthing they send to you when you turn 18 to get your info for other things and if they do have a draft. So it made me feel somewhat better. Then I read some more about what would happen if there was a draft. They said that they take 20 year olds first then if they need more they keep going up untill 25 then if they still need more then they take the 19 and 18 years olds. So It made me feel better little more better that I really don't have to worry untill I turn 20 but that's not good news for 20 year olds. So my mom said we just should pray that we don't have A war that needs a draft untill I'm 26. But I'm still kinda shaken up by the whole thing but now everyone who turns 18 gets this letter so I registered(it's required by law) and I just have to pray and leave it in God's hands. So I ask you guys to pray for me that I would calm down and not worry about this and that God would give me strength to do this last camp.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Saint » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:28 pm

:lol:
*you've been drafted* :o guess i don't have to worry about my math class. but really, the nation would be in a bad time if we really did need the draft. I hope things go much better than that.
that was a funny story. my dad tried to trick me like that on April 1st. funny guy...
but for real, we should pray for safety for everyone with all thats going on. i also hope all is great with your camp things. :)
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Rashiir » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:08 pm

Patcii, you obviously feel strongly about that, but there's a nicer way to put it, bro. :sweat: We all struggle in different ways. However, Benu might not have even been being selfish. Some people just don't like the thought of killing other people.

A thought came to mind: In a certain sense, it seems like your post is you whining about what someone else is saying and that it doesn't matter if Benu wants to just freak out a bit, all that matters is what you want and what you were hoping for in this board. From that angle, doesn't your post seem just as self centered? ;) A little empathy goes a long way.

However, let me tell you that I have found this place to be the exact sort of haven you were expecting. If you stick around, I think you'll come to love it as much as I do. :grin: We'd love to have you join us.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:08 pm

> How selfish can you be?

With all due respect, you don't think the concept of being drafted is a bit traumatic, feelings of patriotism aside?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Saint » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:00 pm

my my. :) I for one am quite patriotic. i considered the military, but feel God called me to a different career. it is like that for many people.
I also believe that no one said they would not boldly serve if drafted. It is just i hope we have no need for it, that we will have a successful campaign, not one that drags on.
Also regardless of attitude behind it ("go get 'em" or timid), war can be very traumatic. I have worked in ministry with gentlemen that served multiple tours in Vietnam. It can be hard to live with.
So again, lets pray for safety for all that are over there.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Return to General