Play Station Vita

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Play Station Vita

Postby little.gun.nut » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:20 am

I'm thinking about trying to get one, but I don't know if it's really worth it. Basically, (1) can you play online with it? (2) can you use a headset/mic with it? (3) would I be able to link my Minecraft account (for PS3) with it? Finally (4) would I be able to play with people who have a PS3 but no vita using the Vita? So, really, is it all compatible, I guess?
Basically, in your opinion, is it worth it?
Words are beasts. Chains can be used for more than tying down. They can be used to connect, and tie together. Looking forward and speaking positively makes all the difference. -Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHolic)

Do you think you could tell me what true strength is? I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn’t seem any different than running away to me. I would think that embracing the things you truly like and being able to enjoy them is worth more than anything. To just be yourself… I believe that’s what true strength really is. -Tamaki Suou (Ouran High School Host Club)

If I sit like a normal person my investigative abilities would be half as effective. -L (Death Note)

No matter what happens, I’ll keep on moving. Until this life runs out of me, I’ll keep on walking. -Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
little.gun.nut

Re: Play Station Vita

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:08 am

Yes, Yes, yes, and... no? If there are cross-play multiplayer games, there are very few of them.

Is the Vita worth it? Depends. Not a whole lot of amazing games came out/ are coming out for it. If you play console and are home a lot, it's not worth it: get a PS TV. If you are out and about or waiting a lot, like riding public transit, it totally is.

If you are a Persona 4 fan... you'd probably already have a vita. >_<

I don't regret getting mine, despite Monster Hunter not coming out on it. I love the Project Diva Miku Hatsune games, and P4 Golden has 100+ hours. Oreshika was fun too.

Ultimately I think it depends on your mobility. My vita is dormant, sealed away (somewhere... o_0 I have to find it) until my lifestyle requires it, as my current lifestyle is mostly at home, where my 40"= tv lives.

Hope that helps. >_<
Rusty Claymore

Re: Play Station Vita

Postby little.gun.nut » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:53 am

Yeah, thanks a lot!! :)
Words are beasts. Chains can be used for more than tying down. They can be used to connect, and tie together. Looking forward and speaking positively makes all the difference. -Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHolic)

Do you think you could tell me what true strength is? I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn’t seem any different than running away to me. I would think that embracing the things you truly like and being able to enjoy them is worth more than anything. To just be yourself… I believe that’s what true strength really is. -Tamaki Suou (Ouran High School Host Club)

If I sit like a normal person my investigative abilities would be half as effective. -L (Death Note)

No matter what happens, I’ll keep on moving. Until this life runs out of me, I’ll keep on walking. -Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
little.gun.nut

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews