Humble Bundle

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Humble Bundle

Postby Anirac » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:48 pm

I do not know if I am allowed to advertise like this, but I thought this would be worth it. Do forgive me and delete this thread if I am breaking any rules.

I just wanted to share this with the gaming community: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Humble Bundle is a way to get cheap games AND donate to charity; basically, you help a cause by doing what you love. There are 5 types of bundle (including books and mobile games) that change every week and the Humble Store, which offers games at a reduced price, even big name games! Just today they had Age of Empires III for US$10.00 (which normally goes for US$39.99 on Steam). Also, you can customize how your money will be applied: want all of it to go to charity? Just set it. Don't support the institutions they donate to? Just set it. All you want is cheap games, regardless of how your money is used? You can have them!

There are also some freebies that come with buying some bundles, such as game art and soundtrack. I got beautiful concept art for an unreleased game when I bought my last bundle! I use it now as my desktop wallpaper.

I hope you will find this useful!
Anirac

Re: Humble Bundle

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:12 pm

The humble bundle is a very interesting idea. This post is in the correct forum and I think the subject matter is something our members would be interested in, so I'm going to say this particular post doesn't actually qualify as advertising, per se. :) Feel free to discuss other awesome things you've found via HB.
Mithrandir

Re: Humble Bundle

Postby Peanut » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Humble Bundle is pretty great. I bought the deal a few months ago that had Guacamelee, Dust An Elysian Tale, Swapper, Giana Sisters, Starseed Pilgirm, and Fez. Since then I've been keeping my eye on the site to see if there are any more bundle deals that catch my fancy. I haven't used their store mostly because I haven't seen anything on it that is exclusive to it and Steam/GoG sales can give games for pretty low prices as well...though the money doesn't go to charity so there's that.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews